Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:59 pm

I got 4k by using Chase Sapphire Preferred.

Points posted after a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP

I just got an email from Netflix saying that when I got Netflix back in July I didn't sign up through the promotion, which is untrue, and they won't give me the miles. I called them in July confirming they would give me the miles. They said yes. I haven't gotten then yet so I called two days ago confirming I should get miles. I was told I deserve the miles and the lady would notify the right people so I can get them. Now, I get this email and I'm just baffled =\
Old Oct 10, 2012, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA, LM // HH, CP
Just to add on, here's a snippet from the email:

We have reviewed your account and our records indicate that your initial sign up was completed via the Netflix website and not through a promotional site. This registration step is required to be eligible for any Netflix sign-up rewards. Unfortunately your account is ineligible for promotion.

And like I said before, I did sign up through a promotion so this doesn't make sense. And how can my account be 'ineligible for promotion.'

Is Netflix usually this tough for a few miles?
Old Oct 11, 2012, 2:11 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
So I had netflix...just signed up with a free trial again...put in my explorer card...still on the free trial month but i'm hoping to get this 4k deal...i removed my explorer card from my account and hopefully will try and get on this deal ...hopefully my explorer card was charged...and won't be able to link to my old acct
Old Oct 11, 2012, 1:36 pm

According to the reports, I just signed up using Chase Priority Club card. Hopefully 4000 miles will post soon.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 8:17 pm

Just signed up for this offer and checked my Chase acct immediately afterward. Oddly enough, there is a $7.99 charge as well as a $8.79 charge. I don't know what the $8.79 charge is. Both are pending, hopefully that one goes away.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: Far too many
What do you do with these several milage accounts?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:52 am
Suspended

After how long can you cancel your subscription?
Old Oct 13, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
Originally Posted by bitachu:19475675
So I had netflix...just signed up with a free trial again...put in my explorer card...still on the free trial month but i'm hoping to get this 4k deal...i removed my explorer card from my account and hopefully will try and get on this deal ...hopefully my explorer card was charged...and won't be able to link to my old acct
Don't use the same card again, it's already in their system. If you can use something else. Also, the deal technically only work twice max, one with the old mileage plus number and the one with continental number. To make sure you get the bonus, always use a new credit card (chase card preferably), a new email (simple enough to create a Gmail account then delete afterwards), and one of your two account numbers.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by leebryant
According to the reports, I just signed up using Chase Priority Club card. Hopefully 4000 miles will post soon.
Miles posted today! I used Priority Club card with old UA number.
Will try Freedom card with new UA number next.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by CXtoQF
After how long can you cancel your subscription?
I signed up and canceled 4 days later. I had a bunch of pending charges, but only 1 $7.99 charge went through. Points posted a week later.

Did the same for the AA miles, same process and results.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
Don't use the same card again, it's already in their system. If you can use something else. Also, the deal technically only work twice max, one with the old mileage plus number and the one with continental number. To make sure you get the bonus, always use a new credit card (chase card preferably), a new email (simple enough to create a Gmail account then delete afterwards), and one of your two account numbers.
Thanks, will do. Just got a bonus for self and one for spouse. Daughter's didn't come thru, maybe because the credit card account number was the same as mine. So when I go for round Two it's OK if I have my same name and address?
Old Oct 15, 2012, 5:49 pm

Did it. Waiting for miles to post.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 6:15 pm

data point

confirmed similar 4-5 day turnaround many others are posting; signed up last tues/wed, posted 4k following monday (today).
Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:21 pm

data point:

I can confirm that this deal can be multiple churned. Sign up using the new UA account 2 months ago, then canceled after the miles post. Then I signed it up with old CO account using different address and cc, miles also posted. Last week I tried to use the new UA account again, with different cc and email address, thinking that if no miles posted it is just $8 lost. Today the miles posted again!!!! I will try my old account again today.

Not sure the min waiting time but I am sure it can be multiple churned, using the same UA account. Any one wait less than 2 months and tried again? If it is true, it is the biggest deal ever found. You know getting different cc number on a same card is quite easy, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.