4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4000 miles on United just for signing up on Netflix

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by ericwuyq
You are not alone. I am already 6 weeks with Netflix. I talked to 4 CSR from netflix, 2 CSR from united, still no go.
The first time I signed up was 2/21. The 4k didn't post until after I canceled the service, 6 weeks after applying and 2 weeks after canceling.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 8:06 am

Programs: UA/AA/Delta/BA/SW/US airway
Originally Posted by jatink129
Did you guys try doing what I did?
I did. My story:
1st Netflix CSR: nothing she can do, I have to wait 6 to 8 weeks.
2nd Netflix CSR: agreed to send me my eligible confirmation, but all he sent is only my account information for netflix
3rd Netflix CSR: did same thing as first one.
then
1st UA CSR: told me to wait 6 to 8 weeks or contact Netflix, would not transfer me to a supervisor, but promised he will follow up on this.
2nd UA CSR: told me to contact Netflix, he said I should talk to a supervisor in Netflix. After I insistd to talk to a sueprvisor, he said all supervisors were busy at meeting. I have to call back later.
then
4th Netflix CSR: Told me he could not send me email about my eligibility, as it contains sensitive market information. But he resent my info to united for escalation my case.

I wonder if it worth so much effort. I will cancel by end of 2nd month memnbership, no matter I get it or not.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:23 am

For what it's worth, I've tried a couple of experiments, so which I've had netflix for full two months and more, but there were all a colossal fail.

I like netflix anyway, and I'm still subscribed to it (just one subscription now), so it's no real loss to me. I'd move on from this though, the 4000 never posted even after the full 8 weeks.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:09 pm

CSP is still good for 4000 miles?. Thanks in advance
Old Aug 28, 2012, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by samineni3
Depends as not sure about your situation. If you are a definite 1st timer than no problems getting 4k even without going to CS.
If it is not your 1st time then as you can see justing reading a few pages back that it varies ALOT. Some can and some can't no matter if its for the 4k or even the 2k.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:03 am

Thanks. This is my first try.

Originally Posted by sharka
Depends as not sure about your situation. If you are a definite 1st timer than no problems getting 4k even without going to CS.
If it is not your 1st time then as you can see justing reading a few pages back that it varies ALOT. Some can and some can't no matter if its for the 4k or even the 2k.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sharka
When you say first time, does that mean in regards to the card? I am a current member, I want to get the 4k miles though and use my sapphire pref card. I can open a clean cached browser, and my current billing is through my AMEX card so it's never once hit my sapphire pref. Think I will have much of a problem?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by Altoid
When you say first time, does that mean in regards to the card? I am a current member, I want to get the 4k miles though and use my sapphire pref card. I can open a clean cached browser, and my current billing is through my AMEX card so it's never once hit my sapphire pref. Think I will have much of a problem?
I signed up last week, with a new e-mail and credit card and my points just posted today. Granted I had let my netflix lapse for several months but I don't think that was the factor.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by samineni3
Used it last week on Wednesday, worked for me points just posted.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by tecnomage
I signed up last week, with a new e-mail and credit card and my points just posted today. Granted I had let my netflix lapse for several months but I don't think that was the factor.
And same FF account?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by Bored_Russian
And same FF account?
No, I didn't have my FF account linked before.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 2:25 pm

Just signed up with my CSP and new UA. Will see if miles post on Tuesday. Used a 10 minute email address.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:33 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Signed up with a BoA card and received 4000 miles in 2 weeks.

This is my third netflix offer and the best so far. I got 1500 miles for US Air and AA previously.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 12:11 am

signed up with CSP on wednesday with new FF account, 4000 posted today
Old Aug 31, 2012, 11:32 am

I just signed up for a family member who has never used netflix. It gave her a 30 day trial. Does that mean the miles won't post until after the trial and she becomes a paying member? I'm confused why she got a 30 day trial when everyone else is getting charged the first month and getting the miles within a week. Definitely used the link from the first post.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.