Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Express Gold 10,000 points per 15 transactions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2011, 1:42 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
It should be possible to have both notated on one account. However based on most people's experiences here, my plan is to call them and have them add the 6664 next week after they deposited the 6661 (75K) bonus on my account. Crossing my fingers...
+1

I have met the $1K spend requirement and successfully had 6661 noted/applied, but they said I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the 75K to post. This is different than my experience with my Platinum card bump, where it posted immediately. Is everyone else being told to wait for 6661 points to post, and if so, are you waiting until they do before adding 6664?

Originally Posted by qtpinoy54
This sounds promising! I hope I get the same luck as those folks. I'll report back my experience with MR.

As for the 6664 code, I'll hold off until I get someone to post the 75K from the 6661 before I pursue it further. Don't want codes to overwrite each other.
+1
Old Aug 25, 2011, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by mooper
+1

I have met the $1K spend requirement and successfully had 6661 noted/applied, but they said I have to wait 6-8 weeks for the 75K to post. This is different than my experience with my Platinum card bump, where it posted immediately. Is everyone else being told to wait for 6661 points to post, and if so, are you waiting until they do before adding 6664?
Both 6661 and 6664 added by MR rep as soon as card activated. Rep said it takes 6-8 weeks for the point to post. Let's see.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:17 am

Programs: BA, AA, DA, UA, CO
Originally Posted by Happy
I seriously doubt it. AMEX system is VERY GOOD at keeping track on how many points have been posted.

I have seen mid cycle posted bonus actually show up on the statement after statement closes. At first I thought I got additional bonus... NOT!
I actually got 85K sign up bonus instead of 75K. First my 10K posted and then 8 weeks after, when I called, the lady just put 75K more. So, their system may be not that perfect.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Long Islander
Both 6661 and 6664 added by MR rep as soon as card activated. Rep said it takes 6-8 weeks for the point to post. Let's see.
Others have reported similar situations where they were told later that one had to be pulled, as both are "sign up" offers. I hope that's not your case though! The 6-8 weeks is what is getting me... I don't want to try adding 6664 until my 6661 points have posted, but 8 weeks from now, that opportunity will be largely gone. Anyone have luck by calling back and asking for the posting itself to be expedited?

Originally Posted by pianistat
I actually got 85K sign up bonus instead of 75K. First my 10K posted and then 8 weeks after, when I called, the lady just put 75K more. So, their system may be not that perfect.
Nice. You've gotta love errors in your favor like that!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mooper
... . Anyone have luck by calling back and asking for the posting itself to be expedited?

!

No, for me it was always the same answer (from 3 differ reps). Just have to be patient and wait it out. Since I don't know if they have been noting my acct every time I called I now decided to stay quiet and under their radar.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 6:40 pm
Suspended

How come these good lucks don't happen to me
My experiences are just the opposite. They tend to always post LESS points to my acct and then I have to fight them just to get the proper promo points added back as promised earlier.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 2:14 pm

I just received 75K points posted on code 6661 the other day. Called twice on the 15 transactions for 10K points code 6664 but no luck. The second agent even wanted me to fax a copy of the offer. She said I already received 75K and I would not have received both offers.

I have read here of people calling many times and finally receiving success. My concern with calling again is that my account will be noted over and over.

Question
1. Do the reps know by looking at an account which offers were mailed out in the past to a cardholder?
2. Do the reps note the account every time a person calls to get points on an offer?
3. By calling too many times on an offer, will it make it harder to jockey points on future offers?

Thanks.

Last edited by yayaya1234; Aug 27, 2011 at 5:56 pm
Old Aug 27, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Sounds like no one has gotten their first 10k points for 15 transactions yet?
Old Aug 27, 2011, 4:16 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
this happened to me as well.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

I just applied for the card this week and tried to add both 6661 and 6664 to my account (I still have not received my card yet) but the agent told me "now" they can only allow to add one promotion code at a time and I can choose to add 6661 or 6664. Of course I choose 6661 (75K) so it looks like Amex is changing its policy. For those who were promised to get both bonuses earlier but haven't received them, I hope Amex would honor them.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 4:42 pm

6664 for 15 transaction

did someone successfully add it to the existing card? I have opened the PRP gold card in May, and called a few times over the last weekend, everyone told me that it is for new customer with "no other amex card at all"... and I have blue plus starwood, so I am not qualified..

Thanks
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by susieling
did someone successfully add it to the existing card? I have opened the PRP gold card in May, and called a few times over the last weekend, everyone told me that it is for new customer with "no other amex card at all"... and I have blue plus starwood, so I am not qualified..

Thanks
yes. many of us.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Does anyone know if Am Ex can take away Pending Points? I don't want to try and get 6664 added to my account until the points from 6661 have posted. They are currently pending, but I don't want to call too soon.
Old Aug 29, 2011, 5:59 pm

Programs: Lotz
What are the chances of this promo also applying to AU cards??? AmEx has different card numbers for each AU card.

Has anyone tried getting the promo added to an AU card?
Old Aug 29, 2011, 6:11 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
ppl are having trouble applying the code to the main card due to one 'sign up' bonus restriction, I'll be very surprised to see this applied to AU..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.