Moe Blaustein
Director, Member Services
Cartera Commerce, Inc.
[email protected]
p 781.541.6851
f 781.541.6801
One Cranberry Hill | Lexington, MA 02421
www.cartera.com
I'm tempted to. I am not suing since I've been burned only a couple of times, but they are pre-MM transactions, so yeah. Thanks for the info.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by uxb
I'm tempted to. I am not suing since I've been burned only a couple of times, but they are pre-MM transactions, so yeah. Thanks for the info.
no need to sue.
I would just suggest, as I have on the MOM thread, that everyone missing any miles from Cartera just write a note online to the MA AGs office and log it. Tell them you just want to add to the pile and if action is taken to let you know./

http://www.mass.gov/ago/
Old Jul 8, 2012, 8:59 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
no need to sue.
I would just suggest, as I have on the MOM thread, that everyone missing any miles from Cartera just write a note online to the MA AGs office and log it. Tell them you just want to add to the pile and if action is taken to let you know./

http://www.mass.gov/ago/
They'll let non-Mass res in as well?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by uxb
They'll let non-Mass res in as well?
I do not know actually but you could call them Mon and find out. Besides, the fact is that it can never ever hurt to file a complaint EVEN IF nothing comes of it other than the fact it was logged with them. Like I have been telling people:

Whether you are missing 1 mile or one million, and whether it is with AA or UA or whatever... if Cartera has not paid you out, file. If you file it may eventually make something happen in time so this stuff gets fixed and action is taken. If we do not file then we have only ourselves to blame.

We can share our research and info as I have done, but we all have to file on our own. Maybe do so in both your state and in MA. But I would start with and focuz on MA, as that is where the HQ is. Besides, I think it has to be owned by one AG office, so start with MA. Call em and learn more. They are receptive.
Old Jul 10, 2012, 6:28 am
uxb

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I do not know actually but you could call them Mon and find out. Besides, the fact is that it can never ever hurt to file a complaint EVEN IF nothing comes of it other than the fact it was logged with them. Like I have been telling people:

Whether you are missing 1 mile or one million, and whether it is with AA or UA or whatever... if Cartera has not paid you out, file. If you file it may eventually make something happen in time so this stuff gets fixed and action is taken. If we do not file then we have only ourselves to blame.

We can share our research and info as I have done, but we all have to file on our own. Maybe do so in both your state and in MA. But I would start with and focuz on MA, as that is where the HQ is. Besides, I think it has to be owned by one AG office, so start with MA. Call em and learn more. They are receptive.
I'll file through NYS then because they get me results with major disputes.
Old Aug 14, 2012, 2:53 am
uxb

Originally Posted by redreeper
I would contact this person and request to return the items for a refund:
Moe Blaustein
Director, Member Services
Cartera Commerce, Inc.
[email protected]
p 781.541.6851
f 781.541.6801
One Cranberry Hill | Lexington, MA 02421
www.cartera.com
I ended up using this contact info in re: my infamous Famous Footwear purchase, and got this response from AAdvantage Eshopping Customer Service:

Dear uxb,

We are very sorry for the delay in crediting your famous footwear purchase with miles and any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a courtesy to you, we are sending this order to be credited. Please allow approximately 2 weeks for this to post to your account.

We hope this outcome is satisfactory and thank you for your continued patronage.

Sincerely,

[redacted]
It looks like they are trying to make good on past errors, so I'd like to take the time to thank Marathon Man for giving Cartera hell in court, and redreeper for handing out extremely useful contact info.

On a side note, I wonder if they will use the actual transaction date, since it is pre-new-MM. Hmm.

UPDATE: I got MM miles.

Last edited by uxb; Aug 21, 2012 at 1:27 am Reason: Added an update to my situation.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
FWIW, I'm busy like everyone else and didn't get around to returning my headphones till last fall. I attempted return to Verizon who rejected the return due to the lapse in time. I had an email from Cartera to return to them for a refund with no timeframe. I mailed the package by trackable means last fall and promptly forgot all about it. Cartera of course did nothing.

I emailed them the order and tracking details a week or so ago. I included their original case specifying they would accept the return. I received a begrudging letter from their general counsel saying they were cutting me a check.

In case there are any other procrastinators out there.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Thanks CVG_Kid,
I did the same. Followed up as you did but have had no response. Do you have an email for the general counsel or other senior manager? Thanks
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:28 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
Originally Posted by point bonita lighthouse
Thanks CVG_Kid,
I did the same. Followed up as you did but have had no response. Do you have an email for the general counsel or other senior manager? Thanks
I don't. I didn't send it up the line, they did.

All I did was fill in the Contact Us link on the AAdvantage Shopping web site. I had previously contacted them and referenced that case, the Verizon order and the USPS tracking number. They received and signed for it last fall.

About a week later I got a response from Cartera customer service and attached was a letter from their general counsel.

Glad to have it off my to do list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.