Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
muawahahahahahaha!

NO my plight was from a milesbuzz thread where evil spirits battled with me.

as for Cartera... Some here who also follow the United MoM promo thread know I am filing in SC court against them for all the missing miles that will botch the tallying of United from hundreds of UA MP shopping mall purchases. There is no way those can be construed as 'mistakes' on the mall site, so if it's all about 'getting Cartera' then I think we got em.

We shall see, though... case could be in April. I may try to schedule a mini DO in the area for it!

MM
Good luck!
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
Good luck!
thanks. I may need it. many naysayers exist. For all we know, the judge is one too, even if he or she is supposed to be unbiased.

Most regular humans have NO concept of the idea of both buying items online with a mileage earning CC AND actually earning extra bonus miles when doing that. I will have to explain this concept AND explain when people do it or wish to do it for huge gains, such as say 2x mile or 9x mile or even 50x mile or higher. Then I have to be able to show where Cartera and its malls (UA, AA, etc) have made blunders in both how they displayed and advertized these offers and then in how they failed to post the miles promised, or did so with great delay and teeth pulling on the part of the customer.

I have become very surprised that some naysayers live in this very FT world... one such, I think his exact handle is MReed, seems to have made it a point to despise everything I say now, since in one other related thread I posted opinions on how a jury of public opinion, or a court room full of non miles savvy people would hear/understand this stuff, and thus judge me. In my mind, it is highly possible that three things could easily stop me:

1) the sheer complexity of the above method of buying miles (easy for us to comprehend/want to do, hard for most people who do not log into FT) could make my case too hard to deal with or value.

2) no way to value miles or time spend battling customer service to get missing miles from these entities (and thus, no way to properly award anything in court. It's seen as worth nothing because no money was lost in the minds of most people, even though you and I know a 60k RT ticket on say, DL from BOS-AMS, for example, is valued at no less than $750)

3) much of our ways are viewed as scams, gaming systems, playing double dips or other non standard things. Even if all we did was answer to ads on the internet offered by supposedly legitimate companies (airlines and Cartera malls selling us stuff we could want to buy anyway) it could be construed by some as not the normal intent of the average shopper. And while we here all know that should not matter, it does also depend on what the judge thinks and how the abilities of Cartera's lawyer come through when he or she stands up against me.

We shall see.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 3:36 pm

Marathon Man hasn't filed a small claims. He's not going to. He's just looking for attention on an internet message board.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Marathon Man hasn't filed a small claims. He's not going to. He's just looking for attention on an internet message board.
Whatever happened to this post?

Mike
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mikeef
Whatever happened to this post?

Mike
Hahaha nice find

And yes, ive filed. Am waiting now to hear back.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 8:22 pm

Does purchase on AA eShopping satisfy Citi's AA purchase for cash back?

Total noob, here. Please be gentle. I'm looking for a way to satisfy my new CC's requirement for any purchase with AA as merchant of record. No one at Citi/AA can confirm is this is limited to purchase of tickets or if a purchase at eShopping would suffice.

Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by seloewy
Total noob, here. Please be gentle. I'm looking for a way to satisfy my new CC's requirement for any purchase with AA as merchant of record. No one at Citi/AA can confirm is this is limited to purchase of tickets or if a purchase at eShopping would suffice.

Thanks!
If you have a requirement that the merchant needs to be AA, then no -- the transaction's merchant will be whomever you make the purchase with.

If you have no immediate travel plans, you could purchase an AA gift card.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Jesperss
Yes, he has.
The Gate has jumped on it.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:02 am

Just because I can rant here I'll do it:

Seriously these guys at Cartera are a sad joke. You order, and maybe your miles show up just from the order. Then any bonus you expect to get...doesn't come through for months. Then when it shows up it is declined for some odd reason. So you email them, and they say "oh yea, thats strange... I'll email you back in 2 weeks after I check it out. They've owed me 1,000 miles since January, and we dance around and around.... so lame.

All the more reason I'm shifting most of my buys to the Hawaiian air portal... smooth transactions, no crazy promos, just good numbers of miles. HA convert to Hilton 1:2 so buying on the Hawaiian site usually means much better return than even the Hilton portal.

It boggles my mind that sites like fatwallet and ebates can handle cashback correctly, but Cartera has nothing but problems.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks!

My point for bringing the AA/Verizon gig into the suit I am doing based on the UA MOM promo is to show how inept and inconsistent Cartera is.

I have reams of paper printouts of data and information on all of this stuff.
It's been a huge task to get everything organized but I am going to be prepared to illustrate my short opening statement and then pull out any and every instance of evidence to back it up in court.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:23 am

thanks!

My point for bringing the AA/Verizon gig into the suit I am doing based on the UA MOM promo is to show how inept and inconsistent Cartera is.

It's been a huge task to get everything organized but I am going to be prepared to illustrate my short opening statement and then pull out any and every instance of evidence to back it up in court.
Glad to here something's coming out of this MM. Keep us posted and good luck!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 11:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ritz
Glad to here something's coming out of this MM. Keep us posted and good luck!
thanks!

Well if it's no huge trouble, everyone who cares about the fate of this stuff or who has EVER had ANY missing mile issue with any mall run by Cartera should consider signing this:

http://www.change.org/petitions/cart...-missing-miles

and reading this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...000-miles.html

thanks and let's hope they can change and learn and fix.

MM
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta, SPG, HHon, etc.
It's almost April... Where's the Class Action Lawsuit?

I have been patiently waiting, but April is four days away.

Is there any movement on this?

I accepted the "settlement" from Cartera (the 2500/2500 offer), but they never posted the second mileage!! They just threw some miles at me to shut me up. So, as far as I am concerned, they didn't honour their side of the deal.

Please provide information on the Class Action Lawsuit A.S.A.P.

thanks. I may need it. many naysayers exist. For all we know, the judge is one too, even if he or she is supposed to be unbiased.

Most regular humans have NO concept of the idea of both buying items online with a mileage earning CC AND actually earning extra bonus miles when doing that. I will have to explain this concept AND explain when people do it or wish to do it for huge gains, such as say 2x mile or 9x mile or even 50x mile or higher. Then I have to be able to show where Cartera and its malls (UA, AA, etc) have made blunders in both how they displayed and advertized these offers and then in how they failed to post the miles promised, or did so with great delay and teeth pulling on the part of the customer.

I have become very surprised that some naysayers live in this very FT world... one such, I think his exact handle is MReed, seems to have made it a point to despise everything I say now, since in one other related thread I posted opinions on how a jury of public opinion, or a court room full of non miles savvy people would hear/understand this stuff, and thus judge me. In my mind, it is highly possible that three things could easily stop me:

1) the sheer complexity of the above method of buying miles (easy for us to comprehend/want to do, hard for most people who do not log into FT) could make my case too hard to deal with or value.

2) no way to value miles or time spend battling customer service to get missing miles from these entities (and thus, no way to properly award anything in court. It's seen as worth nothing because no money was lost in the minds of most people, even though you and I know a 60k RT ticket on say, DL from BOS-AMS, for example, is valued at no less than $750)

3) much of our ways are viewed as scams, gaming systems, playing double dips or other non standard things. Even if all we did was answer to ads on the internet offered by supposedly legitimate companies (airlines and Cartera malls selling us stuff we could want to buy anyway) it could be construed by some as not the normal intent of the average shopper. And while we here all know that should not matter, it does also depend on what the judge thinks and how the abilities of Cartera's lawyer come through when he or she stands up against me.

We shall see.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
thanks!

Given how disorganized these guys are, I wonder what the chances are that they just don't show up.

Mike
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:22 am
uxb

Programs: AC, AS, BA, DL, HH (D), MR (T/LTP), UA (*S), UScAAre (PLT/1,87MM), WN
thanks!

Well if it's no huge trouble, everyone who cares about the fate of this stuff or who has EVER had ANY missing mile issue with any mall run by Cartera should consider signing this:

http://www.change.org/petitions/cart...-missing-miles

and reading this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/the-gate/bl...000-miles.html

thanks and let's hope they can change and learn and fix.

MM
Thanks for filing suit. I have had a half-dozen instances where my claim was denied without warrant or reason. Sure, the miles were minuscule, but they were earned/not awarded nonetheless. I'd love for this to go class action.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.