Reload this Page >

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:48 pm

Cartera is going to bring a much harsher backlash on themselves by giving some people consolation miles and ignoring others, than if they just told everyone to "stuff it".
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:49 pm

Programs: US Plat; AA; DL
People with 2 pending 2,500 mile entries: Have you made another purchase (SitterCity registration, perhaps?) in the past week?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: DL GM
My eshopping account doesn't even reflect that I made a purchase, even though I did two separate ones through the AA portal, placed the item in my cart to make sure, then re-entered through the portal and went to checkout to complete the transaction.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by oiuyt
People with 2 pending 2,500 mile entries: Have you made another purchase (SitterCity registration, perhaps?) in the past week?
Wife has 2 x 2500 miles pending and did NOT make another purchase or SitterCity registration.

Cheers!
Old Aug 18, 2011, 4:58 pm

Programs: Alaska Air, BA, Delta, Hilton, Starwood,
The issue is not that you go to plead your case before the arbitrator. It's that it's MUCH cheaper for the vendor to give you what you want than to incur the costs (especially in JAMS, one of the two biggest arbitration companies) for defending against arbitration by a consumer.

Most consumer arbitration puts the bulk of the cost on the big guys, whomever they may be, whether a vendor or a credit card company. To pay $20K to the forum, along with paying your attorneys ($10k? $40K?) to interact with the forum, for what will cost you, maybe, $1000 to just give to the consumer...you do the math.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:27 pm

I give up ! Can't read this boring thread any longer. Taking the headphones back to Verizon. Bye bye and good luck. wj
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Frinkiac7
My eshopping account doesn't even reflect that I made a purchase, even though I did two separate ones through the AA portal, placed the item in my cart to make sure, then re-entered through the portal and went to checkout to complete the transaction.
Mine does not have anything either. I made my 2 purchases separately - each after logged in my account. So far nothing shows up.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: Aadvantage eshopping mall (not anymore)
Originally Posted by kilton
Boy you showed them.
....hard to show a baby adult tricks...............this entire incident has me feeling like crap.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 5:35 pm

No Please

Originally Posted by whackyjacky
I give up ! Can't read this boring thread any longer. Taking the headphones back to Verizon. Bye bye and good luck. wj
...please don't go so quick.....can you advise if the local store took back your purchase with a full refund?....thanks......
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by ejs621
Yes, it is getting interesting! The wife has 2 x 2500 miles pending for the 2 orders on her account. I have 1 x 2500 miles showing for my 3 orders. Looks like Cartera is at it again!

Cheers!
I have a one "Valued eShopping Member Mileage Compensation" for 2,500 miles pending.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Sosiouxme
Logged into my AA eshopping account. It shows that I visited the Verizon store but does not record any purchase - except I definitely purchased. Said purchase is sitting on my dining room table. So, any advice as to who I contact regarding this? I do have screen shots of the website with the offer and my confirmation linking that I ordered the item in question.

TIA.
Where in my account do i find my track that i have visited verizon through eshopping?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by graysky2009
Where in my account do i find my track that i have visited verizon through eshopping?

"Previously Viewed".....left toolbar....bottom
Old Aug 18, 2011, 7:16 pm

My update

I got the email from AA Shopping with the offer, i purchased several different items at various times, I do not have any pending miles to post, and I also got in on the Sitter thing. Patiently waiting to see what happens before I take stuff back. Not worried about taking it back, I can always deny it on my card.
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:18 pm

Programs: DL GM, HHonors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Sorry 'bout that miscommunication about accepting the offer, totally slipped my mind.

But don't accept anything unless you really want to! I for one am not accepting anything less than either an Elite Status bump-up or 83K miles!!! WHO'S WITH ME?
Old Aug 18, 2011, 8:58 pm

No more personal attacks. Suspensions will be handed out. Warnings have been given.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.