AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: US, AA, SWA, SPG, TY,
Hoping aadvantageshopping realizes this error soon. I'm sure 10's of millions of miles are being accumulated which is likely well beyond what AA/Verizon is willing to bleed, but at least a better shot than 100s of millions.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:13 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by baxterboy12
In for 3 chargers and 3 headphones. If I can cause Verizon to lose money on this deal, I'm all in.
Lol, with how much i pay them a month for tv/internet, maybe we'll get a rebate this way?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA Gold; WN A-List Pref., CP; Marriott Plat.
... I wonder if the recent Verizon strike has anything to do with this?? Or as Bugs Bunny would say - What a cowinkidink!

Originally Posted by DavidAL
I say the Mod's close the thread, otherwise there's little chance we will get our miles. The less attention the deal gets, the more likely we will get miles.
Following that logic people who come across a great deal should not share it with others at all.

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by heat_fan1
^
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:16 pm

Any lawyers on the board that want to get a Class Action suit ready to go? :-)

Programs: RapidRewards, Hhonors Diamond, AA,WorldPerks
If AA declines to provide the miles advertised, we are stronger together and by exchange of information.

Several years back, Expedia had a rate error at two Hilton properties in Japan. Several FTers got in on the deal and Expedia cancelled all but a few of the reservations -- most FTers got a pittance offer in return. Some of us pressed for and obtained better resolutions because we hung together and exchanged information. (Eg.."I know you have offered customers X resolution - that is the resolution I want as well.")

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL, PC Plat, Dollar, Avis, National, SPG, HH Gold, CC Gold
When going into the AA portal and entering Verizon as a retailer this is what pops up.

Note: Please refrain from use of any promotional code or coupon not listed on this site as it may negate the indicated reward.

Not sure it this is just another way that they cover their A$$e$.

Either way, I'm in for 3 chargers each. One each for Mr. Balima, Mstr. Balima and myself with AMEX. for $15 it's worth the risk.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by learningtime
Is this still available? I just see compatability button and no buy option.
You need to choose a compatible device to add it to cart. Try the Palm OS.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:17 pm

Sorry to ask again - but, has anyone seen their purchases reflected in the AA Shopping Mall?

I have a confirmation from Verizon, but on the Mall site, it reads that I have no recent purchase.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA, IHG, HHonors
Originally Posted by PanHam
Sorry to ask again - but, has anyone seen their purchases reflected in the AA Shopping Mall?

I have a confirmation from Verizon, but on the Mall site, it reads that I have no recent purchase.
It's not instant.. it will show up in days/weeks.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by mikensf74
Re: Earlier question.

Registration of card doesn't seem to be required provided logged into your AAshopping account:

Q. How do I earn AAdvantage miles from online retailers through the AAdvantage eShopping mall?
A. There are 3 ways to earn AAdvantage miles for online shopping:

(i) Simply log in to your account on the AAdvantage eShopping mall and shop with participating retailers through the AAdvantage eShopping mall site to earn miles for online purchases. You can also register up to 5 credit or debit cards to earn miles for in store purchases at participating retail stores and catalogues with those registered cards. See How it Works to learn more.
Thanks for the clarification.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:19 pm

Programs: Marriott, American, Delta, Hilton, United
Touchstone Standalone Inductive Desktop Charger

Ok I couldnt sit on the side lines and not see if this was going to work, so I purchased 2 of the desktop chargers for $5, I ended up getting a discount for where I work so I only paid $3.50 for each one. I hope they dont discount my miles by the same discount. HAHA
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by diamond404
It's not instant.. it will show up in days/weeks.
Ah, that allays my fears. Most appreciated!

Thanks, thanks.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
is there any way to make a purchase without being a current verizon customer? it's asking for a verizon phone number, which i don't have.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.