Reload this Page >

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA 1MM, AF Plat, VS Gold, Hyatt Glob, Sixt Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Don't worry. This is normal.
Love it.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:56 pm

Programs: United, SPG
In for 3 for the palm chargers. I can justify wasting $15, but $60 each on those headphones is a bit much. Hope this works.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:57 pm

Programs: Whatever you have, I have too.
Ordered one. Hubby's birthday upcoming, so, tah-dah. I took Screen Shots of every page/link along the way as I fully expect to have to argue with AA. And, if I have to argue with Verizon as regards the restock fee, I'm prepared for that as well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'm not counting on this being smooth sailing.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I'm pretty skeptical about this one, and the chances that you have to fight for a full refund without paying return shipping or restocking seem greater than the chances you'll get the miles.

For $60, I didn't think it was worth the effort and likely hassles. For $5, I figured I'd take a shot. Even if it's 100 to 1 that they honor it, for 83K miles, that's a good risk/reward.

Programs: AA, HH Gold, PCR Platinum,US
Originally Posted by IPBrian
Disregard, you have to select compatibility on the charger before you have to option to add to your cart. My mistake!
It does work, just go through and check a palm phone. It then returns to the previous screen so you can add it to the cart.

Programs: Aeroplan, BMI, Hyatt, SPG, PC
Too bad Canadians can't get in on this faux deal.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by learningtime
Not saying this will pan out for sure. But don't we all remember how expedia canada credit $200 or $300 (whatever it was) to each of our credit cards just like they said they would. We all went charge happy, I think I booked some 7-8 trips. They could have easily "not credited" the amount they said they would. But they did. Not everything has a happy ending. But this is FT, we do silly things which is why we come out ahead "in aggregate".
Good thoughts, I also got 2 trips to LAS out of that deal... $223 r/t to Moscow, etc... on FT there are abnormal risks, those that most typical people won't do, but seem rational to us because we know that sometimes the mileage Gods are in our favor.

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
in for 3. Lets see

Originally Posted by swag
I'm pretty skeptical about this one, and the chances that you have to fight for a full refund without paying return shipping or restocking seem greater than the chances you'll get the miles.

For $60, I didn't think it was worth the effort and likely hassles. For $5, I figured I'd take a shot. Even if it's 100 to 1 that they honor it, for 83K miles, that's a good risk/reward.
Where is this $5 purchase option for same number of miles? Link (sorry not lazy but this is work hour and I'm in the middle of contract negotiations so my mind is spinning) Thanks!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by mc4bbs
Attention mileage whores -- if you purchase "MOTOROKR™ S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones" from aadvantageeshopping.com for $59.99 from Verizon Wireless (yes, about $20 over-price), you will get 83,871 American Airline miles ($0.00072 per mile plus a free headset to resell!) normally (at $0.03 per air mile, the retail cost of 83,871 miles would be $2,516.13!!)

Be sure to save screen shots your transaction(s) if AA Shopping baulks at buying 100 pair of these!

DIRECT LINK: https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...=MOTOROKR+S305

It should be the 4th item in the list. Look closely!

For those that can't print the screen with this offer, I have uploaded it as a PDF here: http://chazhome.com/images/AAMiles.pdf

Smart move to purchase with AMEX to get buyer assurance.

Thank for all the comments!!

- Chaz
This item only $5 risk:

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...esktop+Charger

HT to GARY
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:01 pm

In for one for me and one for wifey...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold (MM), WN A-List, Fairmont L/T Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by onesweetworld
In for 3 for the palm chargers. I can justify wasting $15, but $60 each on those headphones is a bit much. Hope this works.
At the end of today, the only people that are going to be happy about this are the shareholders of Palm...

"This quarter we report our first sales in two years, our phone chargers are flying off the shelves!"
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:03 pm

I bought 2 of the desktop chargers. For some reason there was a 25% discount so I got 2 for a total of $7.46.

I hope this works...lol
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by UNHBuzzard
At the end of today, the only people that are going to be happy about this are the shareholders of Palm...

"This quarter we report our first sales in two years, our phone chargers are flying off the shelves!"
Got a good laugh from that one
Old Aug 10, 2011, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
Is this still available? I just see compatability button and no buy option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.