AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Miles for $0.00072 per mile (AA Shopping) - NOT HONORED

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by vballny23
That he ordered 20 of them? I don't know if he in fact did, but on previous mistake fares/rates, etc, people do in fact get greedy....
I have no doubt that people get greedy, but he has been on here all morning telling people it won't work. Also, the way he worded it, he's joking.

Last edited by TimesTwo; Aug 10, 2011 at 12:42 pm Reason: clarified
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: HH Gold, PC Plat, CO/UA, WN
I took a screenshot and video capture as well - I'm in for this deal, for better or for worse. It's just too good to pass up!

Last edited by caseyfriday; Aug 10, 2011 at 12:45 pm Reason: edit
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Incredible...you have to be a verizon customer or they wont sell you anything. WHAT!

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
I have no doubt that people get greedy, but he has been on here all morning telling people it won't work. Also, the way he worded it, he's joking.
ok, then I stand corrected and take back my

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by PanHam
Are anyone else's purchases not showing up in the Shopping Mall?

I wonder if it takes a bit of time to post . . .

Moreover, my credit card with which I registered for the Mall reads "Activation Requested" under the "Registered Cards" Category . . .

Is this happenin' for anyone else?

Edit: Ohhhhhhhhhh, crap.

"Once your card is in Active status it is eligible to earn miles." From the site - plus, it takes 48 hours (minimum) to become active.

My damn AA cards (which were pre-registered) are sitting at home! Arrrgghhh!
Reading the FAQ and "How it Works" sections, the registered cards seem to only be used for in-store shopping. You can register a card with AA shopping, then make an in-store purchase at a brick and mortar to earn miles. I don't think it is required for online shopping through the AA portal.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Originally Posted by PanHam
"Once your card is in Active status it is eligible to earn miles." From the site - plus, it takes 48 hours (minimum) to become active.

My damn AA cards (which were pre-registered) are sitting at home! Arrrgghhh!
According to the "How it works" page on the AA shopping mall it works if you shop through their website OR if you use your registered credit card:
"Today's leading retailers have joined together in the AAdvantage eShoppingSM mall to help you earn more miles than ever before. Any time you shop online through the eShopping mall or use your registered credit or debit card with participating retailers: in-store or through catalogs, you'll earn AAdvantage® miles. Enroll today and earn more AAdvantage® miles than ever before."
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
He was obviously joking but his joke really does point out how absurd this whole thing is: $100 for 1.6+ million miles. Wouldn't be counting too many chickens in that scenario.

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum, PCR Platinum, and SPG Gold
Originally Posted by roknroll
Reading the FAQ and "How it Works" sections, the registered cards seem to only be used for in-store shopping. You can register a card with AA shopping, then make an in-store purchase at a brick and mortar to earn miles. I don't think it is required for online shopping through the AA portal.
That is correct.

Originally Posted by vballny23
ok, then I stand corrected and take back my
^ lol
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:47 pm

How would AA know that I completed my purchase?

I clicked on the "Buy Now" link, got sent to Verizon website, put in all of my shipping/billing/credit card info, completed transaction and that was it. The transaction isn't appearing under "My Account" either. Did I _miss_ something?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
Ah, many thanks . . .

Anyone else not seeing their purchase recorded in the AA Mall?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
How would AA know that I completed my purchase?

I clicked on the "Buy Now" link, got sent to Verizon website, put in all of my shipping/billing/credit card info, completed transaction and that was it. The transaction isn't appearing under "My Account" either. Did I _miss_ something?
an ID is passed to verizon's website in the browser session that links the order to your AA eshopping account. It works, trust me.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Disregard, you have to select compatibility on the charger before you have to option to add to your cart. My mistake!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by glocklt4
an ID is passed to verizon's website in the browser session that links the order to your AA eshopping account. It works, trust me.
Thank you for the answer.

So I noticed I had to register my CC with AA eShopping under "My Account", which I just did _after_ completing the transaction. I suppose this must be one of the requirements? lol Did I mess it up?

I am in for 1 ($4.97). Didn't want to get greedy and not really expecting the miles but at this price, hey, jump in first, ask questions later!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by bluto
I think in that movie, that guy did end up getting the girl. Miracles can happen. ^
Not saying this will pan out for sure. But don't we all remember how expedia canada credit $200 or $300 (whatever it was) to each of our credit cards just like they said they would. We all went charge happy, I think I booked some 7-8 trips. They could have easily "not credited" the amount they said they would. But they did. Not everything has a happy ending. But this is FT, we do silly things which is why we come out ahead "in aggregate".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.