[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: AA-plt
I was able to add 2 users, took 3 phone calls and the rep who was finally able to help took a while to get it sorted and applied.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
one the phone right now and they want SS # and will be doing a credit pull on all users you add btw!
Just tell them you are not giving them the SSN and they can't pull the credit. I just hung up and told them I was not giving the SSN. They said ok and added the cards anyway.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by deltagoldflyer
one the phone right now and they want SS # and will be doing a credit pull on all users you add btw!
It is not a hard pull to add additional users. It is a soft pull. And you can refuse to provide SSN's and tell them you want to put in the request without providing SSN's. It all comes down to how persistent you are I guess, you have to stay "in charge" and don't settle for their reasoning. I'm not saying to be rude (that is wrong), what I'm saying is to know the rules, to believe in those rules, and to play your game by those rules.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Called MR. CSR indicated could only see offer for Delta Gold card and it was valid only for one free additional card. Did that. She did not see the offer that was applicable for the Platinum card but spoke to the Customer Services department. The CS CSR indicated that offer was not in the system for the Platinum card. So the CS CSR said they (CS) would research this and that I should call back in a day or two. He also indicated this was the second call he had taken this morning on this offer!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
OK, just had a supervisor call me back. She said she now can't apply this promotion to my account. "System" is not letting her to apply it.

Is this B.S. ?

I tried to do this to my Amex Open Gold Biz card. I also have a AMEX Gold premier card that I wanted to double dip with.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:44 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by Igor718
OK ... they are making me jump through hoops.

First Rewards department girl said she applied the offer and said that additional users have to be added by customer service department. She transferred me and that's when problems began. Had to speak with a supervisor who was nice to say that even though she sees the offer, I was not targeted for it and she just wants to make sure I get these points. So she said she'll speak with Rewards department to make clearer notes on my account and will call back.

Is this normal???

What was your experience???
That kind of happened to me, too. I was transferred to add the users, but the Membership Rewards department noted my account as "eligible" first. Hopefully they are just looking out for you. I wrote about both my experience with my Platinum card and my mom's experience with her gold card on my blog if anyone wants more info about how it went for us.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:45 am
jk2

I have a Premier Gold Rewards card. Called this morning MR department and asked about this offer - 5721. The rep told me that he cannot see such offer.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:46 am
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by Igor718
OK, just had a supervisor call me back. She said she now can't apply this promotion to my account. "System" is not letting her to apply it.

Is this B.S. ?

I tried to do this to my Amex Open Gold Biz card. I also have a AMEX Gold premier card that I wanted to double dip with.
I would try again with the Gold Premier card and see what happens with a different rep!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:48 am

Programs: AA, BA, UA, US; IHG Plat, SPG, HH Gold
Thank you OP! Just called Rewards department and the gentleman was really nice, he said he did see this offer in my account, but he could not add the new AU for me on his end and had to transfer me to Customer Services. However he kindly offered to check quick with his supervisor to retroactively apply the bonus 10k to an AU card I got 2 months ago.

Got 2 AU cards for the parents and 30k MR points for this offer. I love Amex!

Add: I have the PRG card from the 75k bump up offer few months ago.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They told me I have to add the users online, but I'll get the 10K points. Fine.

But I can't figure out how to add users online. I see the link, but clicking it seems to take me to the wrong place.

Anyone have success adding users online?
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Well I called and spoke to CSR and he said that he needed SS#s and I said I didnt have them in front of me but would gather them and call back. He said, never mind, he'll just take the DOB and name. I gave him 4 authorized users for my Gold Business and now I will call back and get it for the Gold Premier Rewards. I forgot to add my FIL so I will ask for 5 additional users on that one. If all goes well, 90K between the two. Thanks OP
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: AA, BA, CO
Originally Posted by cruisr
Well I called and spoke to CSR and he said that he needed SS#s and I said I didnt have them in front of me but would gather them and call back. He said, never mind, he'll just take the DOB and name. I gave him 4 authorized users for my Gold Business and now I will call back and get it for the Gold Premier Rewards. I forgot to add my FIL so I will ask for 5 additional users on that one. If all goes well, 90K between the two. Thanks OP
do you remember the name of the guy? I am thinking, what if you ask for a specific person in the department
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
MR getting hammered

The phone waits are long.

Wonder why.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I did find a way to add users online.

No mention of the 10K, of course, but I'll add online, and circle back with a message after the cards come.

Online, they require an SSN and a date of birth, and the person has to be at least 15.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
They told me I have to add the users online, but I'll get the 10K points. Fine.

But I can't figure out how to add users online. I see the link, but clicking it seems to take me to the wrong place.

Anyone have success adding users online?
Seems like the "adding user online" part of the site is broken for now.
I have sent them a message asking them to add users under this bonus offer. I have given the name and DOB of each additional user.
I doubt they might be willing to add users this way but we will see.
I will update here once I receive response from them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.