[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
I added my AUs on the website and they showed up after a few hours. Any educated guesses on how long it will take before the cards arrive?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:37 am

Did you get your account notated with the promo code xlax?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:52 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by metoo
Did you call MR or CS to fix the mistake on the spelling? Mine was done through MR without being transferred to another department.
I called CS.

Originally Posted by xlax
Any educated guesses on how long it will take before the cards arrive?
It should arrive from Omaha in 7-10 days.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:55 am

adding data point

applied for AMEX Business Gold last week. Called to activate today and get code 6608 added to my account for 100k after 2k spend. Also had code 5721 added and got card for my fiance. Looks like 110k net!

Going to try to get the 10k per month code added but I asked the rep and was denied because of my application for SPG card.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by compddd
Did you get your account notated with the promo code xlax?
Yes. Called and did that the first day. When they transferred me from MR to CS to asks the names, I said that I would call back when they asked for ssn. Instead I added the names online, without the ssn.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 12:28 pm

Yesterday I got AU's added to both Personal and Premier cards using the code 5721. This afternoon my husband called on his cards and CS said it was a mistake and code 5721 was for South America only and both refused to give points as a courtesy.

Sorry-didn't read earlier posts re same subject before posting. Just trying to help

Last edited by havemeyer; Aug 13, 2011 at 12:38 pm Reason: update
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by havemeyer
Yesterday I got AU's added to both Personal and Premier cards using the code 5721. This afternoon my husband called on his cards and CS said it was a mistake and code 5721 was for South America only and both refused to give points as a courtesy.

Sorry-didn't read earlier posts re same subject before posting. Just trying to help
You mean they refused to add the code to his account?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 4:08 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Swat16, thanks!

Originally Posted by swat16
American Express will allow you to assign an "Account Manager" to your account. You can even set this up online. I logged into my wife's account and assigned myself as her "Account Manager" for each of her cards. I can make any decisions regarding her account that I chose.

Login and then click on "Manage Your Account: Profile and Account Management." Then click on "Account Management" then "Authorized Users." Here click on "Add Authorized User." The next screen will have a box to click on that says Add Manager. You will see from the description that this allows the Account Manager to act with the same authority as the account holder. My wife was so relieved when I told her I was now the account manager for all of her Amex accounts and she never needs to call Amex again. Yesterday I was able to call and add all the extra cards to her account. I love how Amex makes everything so easy for their customers!
I appreciate you taking the time to provide the tip and the detailed instructions. This will make our lives so much easier!

Anita
Old Aug 14, 2011, 7:19 pm

OK, I guarantee I've read 50% of this thread, but one thing was never clear to me:

We now know this was a targeted promo for Argentina, but 2 things I don't think were even officially answered:

1. Was the promo technically for business cards, personal cards, or both?

In my case, I generally had little problems getting the add to the business cards on the last day, but there was great resistance to adding to the personal (in one case, I called about the personal first, but was told they didn't see it qualify but they added the code to my business). I don't know if this was due to the code, or the fact that the personal CSRs got much clearer instructions.

2. On a related note, was the code for all cards based on MR account?

Another words, if one got the note added to the business card but not the personal, what would be the odds of now getting some personal cards, then calling back later on the personal card and trying to get the 10k since it was noted in the MR account notes generically?

Since I'm asking, one thing to look out for. My wife got AA'd after only doing 2 things: 1) making me her account manager online, and 2) asking for 5 business cards (3 had DOB/SSN for existing customers in the AmEx database, the other two had DOB only). She got AA'd last year when she added additional cards around Thanksgiving due to last year's "$25/card small business" promo, but she also used some at a mom-and-pop liquor store for the promo (I've head warnings about "new" purchases at liquor stores with AmEx) and figured that was the likely cause.

So, for those that went a bit nuts on requesting cards, you might want to log-in every day to keep an eye on your account (you'd see a red-fonted suspension notice). I anticipate reinstatement won't be a big deal, but still transferred out the MR points on balance out anyway as a precaution-- was surprised we could still do this with everything else frozen, but maybe it only locks MR points after updating the system at night.

Oh, and the lock/AA came a day after the cards actually showed in the account online, so don't assume you're in the clear just because they appear "approved".
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

UPDATE:

Sent an SM Friday night to inquire why the 2 AUs under husband's card are still no show. (48 hours wait as mentioned has passed).

Despite the phone rep has gone through every step after successfully adding AUs to my account, and then proceeded to do husband's, and the Indian rep claimed he saw Add Additional User function has been performed but needed 48 hours to see them online... Got an reply Sunday night - basically there is no record of adding AU at all per the following:
.................................................. .................................................. .............
I apologize for any inconvenience caused in this matter.

I have checked your Card account and do not see any additional account reflecting under your name.

Further, I have contacted our New Account department on your behalf to confirm the same. They have confirmed that no new application is reflecting under your name.

Therefore, I request you to please re-apply for the Additional Cards.

Also, I would like to inform you that an Additional Cardmember can be added online or by phone.

To apply for an Additional Card, please access the following link, where you will be given simple instructions for entering the name, Social Security number, and date of birth information required:

https://www201.americanexpress.com/e...Main&origin=CC

Alternatively, you just have to call the Customer Service number on the back of your card or 1-800-528-4800 (24 hours/7 days), and a representative will help you complete the transaction in a single phone call. From overseas, please call us collect at 1-336-393-1111.

Lastly, I apologize and request you to consider this as an exception.
.................................................. .................................................. .............

The Link cited in the SM does not work - it gave a System Outage error message - Please try again later or call the number on the back of your card to add Additional Cards to your account.

From the Customer Service tab and use Add Someone to Your Account - it only shows the heading Additional Cards, and a blank page WITHOUT the form to fill in the info.

Basically AMEX either has technical difficulty due to the influx late last week, or deliberately takes down the function for the time being.

Given the current information we know regarding the promo, I am not sure if I would follow up to add the 2 AUs to his account when and if the function returns online.

Originally Posted by Happy
2 out of 2 showed up on my personal card. 0 out of 2 showed up on husband's personal card. This is despite both cards were done on same phone call and the CSR said "Congrats" and "All are approved" on handling each. On each card we just added the spouse, and then added my brother to both cards. My brother's card shows up on mine but not on husband's yet. My name is not on husband's card yet.

The adding was done yesterday afternoon.

Last night we called to inquire the no show - were told it would take 48 hours for them to show up but did confirm there were additions done.

As of now my husband's card still does not show any AU.
Originally Posted by Happy
The Indian rep I talked to last night clarified the above to me - what the difference means between Authorized and Additional User. He did say he saw there were Additional Users added to husband's card but it would take as long as 48 hours before it shows up online.

On my card where I can see the Additional Users on Account Activity Screen - their names also show up in Membership Reward but their status are No for access to rewards. Though I can change it to Yes if I want. But names show up in BOTH places, with their own card numbers.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Seems there will be another cent run
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: UA*G
Originally Posted by Jaguar280
adding data point

applied for AMEX Business Gold last week. Called to activate today and get code 6608 added to my account for 100k after 2k spend. Also had code 5721 added and got card for my fiance. Looks like 110k net!

Going to try to get the 10k per month code added but I asked the rep and was denied because of my application for SPG card.
can I add the 6608 code for a personal PRG card for the 100k bonus offer
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA PLT / 2MM
Any more folks want to chime in on whether peoples' AUs are showing up online? I've still got 1 of 5 on the PRG and 0 of 5 on the Biz Gold.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Received the AU cards yesterday and had them activated online
Old Aug 15, 2011, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by AsanteSana
Received the AU cards yesterday and had them activated online
Got 3 of the 4. Now just need to spend and call up and get the disappointing news. Still have my fingers crossed. Maybe I should sue if they don't give it to me. haha.

Has anybody spent on the new cards and got the MR points awarded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.