Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet
I really wonder if they will honor it. Just because the code is listed on your account doesn't mean it will happen. The rep I spoke with last night (and he had been there for many years) said that he is not sure what will happen in 8-10 weeks when people call in and ask "where are my points for all these cards". He said they may come back and say "sorry but it was only for our customers in Argentina".

The problem was that the US MR phone reps did not have the correct info in their database here in the US till yesterday afternoon..when it was updated then. So they were adding the codes as a courtesy. At least the phone reps were. The reps that answer the online requests have been TOTALLY denying the promo from the beginning!

The rep I spoke to said he thought it would be a customer service nightmare if they don't honor it but they were still deciding how they are going to handle it.....or if they are going to deny the bonuses all together....
There were a very few cases got that approved via SM and even for retro active as the guy who reported that even got points deposited into his account already. I did the SM first after reading that post but my requests were shot down by same person who signed as Manager of the email team. (SE Asian name of course).

It remains to be seen what would happen for the successful notations via phone rep. My guess is those who only added spouse and a sibling or 2, i.e. not use up all 5 AUs, might be a tad easier to get their bonuses versus those who added all 5.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
Originally Posted by Happy
Did you see their names with different card numbers when you see them in the Membership Reward page? I think the card number is the tell-tale - if they dont get their own cards there would not be card number associated with the name.

It is just odd that they will show up on MR site first but not showing up on the card site.
I think it's odd too. I just looked up the MR page, and all 5 users show up with their own card nos.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
That's normal. If you go to your Points Summary page, it will show all enrolled cards (even the new AU's that you haven't received). These new AU's however will NOT appear under your Account Summary until you activate them.
All 5 of my PRG additional cards showed up in points summary and account summary and I haven't received them yet. None of the 5 of my Business Gold additional cards have showed up in points summary or account summary yet.

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by compddd
All 5 of my PRG additional cards showed up in points summary and account summary and I haven't received them yet. None of the 5 of my Business Gold additional cards have showed up in points summary or account summary yet.

I don't think there is any rhyme or reason to it.
If you guys added the exact same AU's to your PRG & Gold Biz cards at the same time (or on the same date), the new cards dept may take them as duplicate applications / requests. Which would explain why some of you are seeing 1 set of AU's, but not both.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Just spoke to a supervisor in MR out of AZ. The poor thing was on the verge of tears because she said that all the MR people were told 3 days ago that they are NOT to tell callers with that code that they can have the points unless they were from Argentina. She said, she wants to honor it but none of the people who called in under that code will have it honored. She said it was posted on a blog (really) I told her I had the names and locations as well as the times I called and it was verified on a recorded line and that my husband is a lawyer and I will take it up thru other channels. Which I will.

Yelling at CSRs or supervisors, which she said a lot of people have been doing, accomplishes nothing.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you guys added the exact same AU's to your PRG & Gold Biz cards at the same time (or on the same date), the new cards dept may take them as duplicate applications / requests. Which would explain why some of you are seeing 1 set of AU's, but not both.
No. This does not explain why my husband's name is added to my card while my name is NOT added to my husband's.

The CS rep even mentioned to husband that, "on your card you would add your spouse's name correct?"

Obviously we have different names from each other.

Last edited by Happy; Aug 12, 2011 at 4:15 pm
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:16 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
My experience with this promo.

Requested code to be added to my account via SM 8/10.

8/11 5pm CST, called and asked for my husband to be given an additional card, and by the way, "can I get code...". The rep finished the code number for me laughingly, checked and said yes. (very, very nice CSR). We added the code, then added my husband. Got a "will notify you in 7-10 days" status which did not sound good to me. Husband is not listed on my online Amex account as an additional user.

I asked if I could add additional cardholders online and qualify for the promo, and he said yes. ( I don't know if I'll add anyone else but prefer to do it online vs calling back in.) Note that if I try to add an additional user online, it gives error message saying they have a system outage and to try back later.

I then asked if I could add myself to my husband's account. (Had to put husband on the phone, of course, to get myself a card). This time, status said "approved! and I'm already listed on my husband's online account as an additional user.

Hung up, realized I hadn't specifically requested that the bonus code be applied to my husband's account. Send SM from his account asking if the code had been added and got an affirmative answer within 2 hours.

8/11, 9:02 pm after code already added to my account, got a response to my initial SM that the code could not be added to my account because I was not solicited for this offer.

Anita
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:18 pm

Yeah this is dead, good luck for people who got in early. But I think people should stop calling about this, cause like what other people posted it most likely kill any new deals that comes along. If we all give the mr csr a hard time, then they wont want to do us any favor inthe future.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:19 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by cruisr
Yelling at CSRs or supervisors, which she said a lot of people have been doing, accomplishes nothing.
LOL. Neither do threats:

I told her I had the names and locations as well as the times I called and it was verified on a recorded line and that my husband is a lawyer and I will take it up thru other channels. Which I will.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
On phone with MR right now over a different issue and since she was especially competent and friendly overall, I did ask her to check on this offer code. She said latin america only. (I have biz plat and gold)
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:23 pm

I told her I had the names and locations as well as the times I called and it was verified on a recorded line and that my husband is a lawyer and I will take it up thru other channels. Which I will.
This is exactly what happens when a company is nice to their customers and allow them extras which normally wouldn't be possible. AmEx has been more than generous to all of us, with one offer or another. Yeah they decided to put a stop to this offer because of sheer abuse (people adding 15-20 AU's). So now AmEx suddenly becomes the enemy. We all knew this was yet again a Targeted offer, but MR is nice enough to allow us un-targeted members to take advantage of many offers, especially recently. Let's continue to keep ....ting on Amex and MR, let's continue to call & bother the reps and upset them any way we can, so AmEx can tighten their policies once and for all. That's exactly what they deserve because of their generosity.

Last edited by aviators99; Aug 12, 2011 at 6:40 pm
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
No. This does not explain why my husband's name is added to my card while my name is NOT added to my husband's.

The CS rep even mentioned to husband that, "on your card you would add your spouse's name correct?"

Obviously we have different names from each other.
Yes, you're right, that it doesn't. I was referring to people who added the same AU's to both their PRG & Biz Gold card. Your situation is different, but I'm sure it will work out. You can call Amex and have them transfer you to new cards dept and ask them to make sure if everything went through Ok.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:29 pm

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Global Entry, Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
This is exactly what happens when a company is nice to their customers and allow them extras which normally wouldn't be possible. AmEx has been more than generous to all of us, with one offer or another. Yeah they decided to put a stop to this offer because of sheer abuse (people adding 15-20 AU's). So now AmEx suddenly becomes the enemy. We all knew this was yet again a Targeted offer, but MR is nice enough to allow us un-targeted members to take advantage of many offers, especially recently. Let's continue to keep ....ting on Amex and MR, let's continue to call & bother the reps and upset them any way we can, so AmEx can tighten their policies once and for all. That's exactly what they deserve because of their generosity.
I second this. While this site has many redeeming qualities, its members can often abuse a good thing.

The CSR said that I would earn 10,000 points for AU Gold that I converted to a Platinum, even though I wasn't adding another user. Is this consistent with other people's understandings?

Last edited by aviators99; Aug 12, 2011 at 6:40 pm
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:35 pm

Update on my situation, I called and the 5 AU I had requested over phone through MR for my Business Gold were in some sort of limbo, so she approved all 5 of them.
Old Aug 12, 2011, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, you're right, that it doesn't. I was referring to people who added the same AU's to both their PRG & Biz Gold card. Your situation is different, but I'm sure it will work out. You can call Amex and have them transfer you to new cards dept and ask them to make sure if everything went through Ok.
Thank you for mentioning the new card dept to check on this. I would give it till Monday as last night the Indian rep said he saw there were new cards added but couldn't see the names. Then he mentioned about the 48 hours wait.

I am inclined to agree with you about the comment on adding the maximum number of AUs. We only added 2 on each card for what we are comfortably in adding. The first set came through instantly as approved, the rep even said congratulation. The second set he also said they were approved and reminded us the cards would come in plain envelope from Omaha in 7 to 10 days.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.