Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired] 50K AmEx MR for Additional Cardholders

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: UA Silver
'need to fax in proof that I got the offer'

I signed up 3 AUs for myself yesterday. Called just now on spouse's card and heard this line...where did I hear about the offer, I will need to prove I got the offer. Once I heard that and his tone, I said thanks I will check...and hung up. Will call back now.

EDIT--Called back and got a very specific comment that this was for our Argentine customers. I might try again...

Last edited by detony; Aug 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm
Old Aug 11, 2011, 3:58 pm

Just got off the phone with MR. The agent told me they are only honoring this code through today. I gave her the names and DOBs for each of 5 people, she annotated my account and approved all 5 cards. Sweet! Have to get my wife to call now!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:03 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by gambler01
Just got off the phone with MR. The agent told me they are only honoring this code through today. I gave her the names and DOBs for each of 5 people, she annotated my account and approved all 5 cards. Sweet! Have to get my wife to call now!
I hope that t his isn't the case. I've called in twice today: once this morning to add one user, and again this afternoon to add another user. Second time was a lot harder, but both times at the end of the conversation I asked if I could call back in the future to add more users, up to 5, and still receive 10k per user. Both times they answered yes.

If I add my sister, mom, dad, etc and provide them name and d.o.b. but no SSN, has that been working? Also will they eventually need the SSN or figure it out to the point that it shows up on as a card on their credit report? I don't want to do that to them without their permission, and I am still waiting to hear back from the family if I can do it.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Happy
With the notation properly done, it probably makes no difference whether one adds the AU over the phone or online - but SSN is definitely needed for immediately process.
I'm not sure if SSN is really necessary though. After a couple calls to MR, I was finally able to find a CSR that adds 5721 to my account. Then I go ahead and added 5 AUs online, leaving SSN field all blank.

Just now, I noticed all 5 AUs show up in my account, each showing there respective last 5 digits of the card number. So I think this probably means they all went through. Let's see if I actually receive the cards or not.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
I hope that t his isn't the case. I've called in twice today: once this morning to add one user, and again this afternoon to add another user. Second time was a lot harder, but both times at the end of the conversation I asked if I could call back in the future to add more users, up to 5, and still receive 10k per user. Both times they answered yes.

If I add my sister, mom, dad, etc and provide them name and d.o.b. but no SSN, has that been working? Also will they eventually need the SSN or figure it out to the point that it shows up on as a card on their credit report? I don't want to do that to them without their permission, and I am still waiting to hear back from the family if I can do it.
I could have been more clear. They are only adding the code to your account through today. Once you have the code, you can add users at a later date.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:21 pm

Here are my results. I have AMEX PRG Personal, AMEX Platinum Personal, and AMEX Business PRG.

Operated added 5 GOLD AUs to Platinum and 5 Gold AUs to PRG. (10 AUs total). She didn't even ask me for bonus ID, she knew exactly what I was calling about.

She said that she could not do my Business Gold. She also said that I should add them all now, because they realize this was an error, but that they will honor it today and not tomorrow.

I called back 5 times for my Business Gold, no luck. They keep saying this is only for the Argentinians.

Two Questions if someone could help
1.) Should I keep trying back for the Business Gold? or is this baby done? (I worry that they'll catch their mistake and take away my AUs on my PRG & Plat.
2.) Any way to see proof that I really am enrolled in this promo?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:21 pm

Have Business Gold for me and wife. First call-no go. Targeted. Second call, no problem. Added 9 users to mine. I am account manager on wife's card, so asked for the same 9 on that card. She said no problem. $45 each, waived first year. Name and DOB only. 180,000 points. Gotta love Amex.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:27 pm

Worked for me for three different cards, 5 AU's each. Not a problem with a call on any of them yesterday and early this morning. One did ask how I knew about the offer and if I had received an email. I was the account manager on that one and told her my wife had asked me to call in and add the code. The csr said, well then she must have received an email so its OK to add the code and promptly did so.

If I get all these miles, makes me wish I had done the BA transfer instead of Delta at the end of July because Delta is still active but the 50% BA promotion is done.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan
I'm not sure if SSN is really necessary though. After a couple calls to MR, I was finally able to find a CSR that adds 5721 to my account. Then I go ahead and added 5 AUs online, leaving SSN field all blank.

Just now, I noticed all 5 AUs show up in my account, each showing there respective last 5 digits of the card number. So I think this probably means they all went through. Let's see if I actually receive the cards or not.
You will probably have to follow up with MR to make sure these added AU's properly credit the account. I called twice today, both times adding one AU. Each time I asked if I could add the users online instead, and still receive the 10k points. They said that I could do that, but it would be better to call MR to do it since they will make sure it is done properly to receive the points.

I think you'll still receive credit, but only when you inquire about it.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:44 pm

So I just called and got a nice CSR who said she could notate it to my account and then transfer me to add the AUs which I did. While I had a nice rep on the phone I asked if she could also add it to my business account and she said it was all one membership rewards account so it was not possible.
Should I just add the AUs to the business as well and then just hope I can SM and say it was notated for both?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:45 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
5:20 pm 8/11

When I said I wanted to add my husband with a bonus code, CSR laughed and finished the bonus code before I did.

He added the code, said it was valid, and proceeded to add my husband. I got a status of "will notify in 7-10 days".

I then put my husband on the phone to add me. Got an approved status.

The CSR confirmed that I can add additional cards online now that the code has been added.

Anita
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:51 pm

My wife called twice and rejected. She refuses to call back again...grrrrrrr
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA*G
6:46PM Aug.11

Trying to add for my mothers account MR Representative ask me is this for promotion code 5721 I say yes

We just received a message that this was targeted for our international platinum cardholders

Will try again later
Old Aug 11, 2011, 4:56 pm

haha, if the CS rep laughs about the offer or tries to explain how it was only for people in Argentina, you should explain how they are lucky that they don't work for American Airlines or Verizon and have to deal with http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-shopping.html

Or perhaps you could bribe them with one of the many glitter screen protectors or a navigation mounts that you will be getting
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:06 pm

For those looking to add AU's. For Business Cards I have read that Amex allows you to have severa AU for yourself, i.e. your name and your SSN, etc. This gives you the ability to split up your costs and keep track of them.

reference from flyer talk discussion below, where people were wondering how to split up costs on a single business card.

You could get multiple AU cards on your existing account, and that would split your purchases up.

This is what I do. It is legit. You can call AmEx and they will tell you it's fine to open AU card(s) for yourself (to split up charges, etc).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.