Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

What's the Best No Foreign Transaction Fee CC?

What's the Best No Foreign Transaction Fee CC?

Old Jul 25, 2011, 12:17 am

Pentagon Federal (penfed.org) has only 1% forex fee and offers 1% cashback.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: AA EXP (1M+), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Lots of good info here and here. it's been discussed for years already.

Last edited by edbyu; Jul 25, 2011 at 7:19 am
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I have three major cards: One in Canadian dollars, One in US dollars and a HSBC Premium in HK dollars with my HK HSBC account for Asia and EU spendings.

The catch is that each card needs to be paid in their currency so it might not be workable solution for everyone.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 7:36 am

I have read that in China, AMEX would not let the merchants to use DCC which could save you 5-10%. So in my next trip to China I may use my Hilton AMEX than the Capital One Venture Card. Any thought?
Old Jul 25, 2011, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by JCary
I have read that in China, AMEX would not let the merchants to use DCC which could save you 5-10%. So in my next trip to China I may use my Hilton AMEX than the Capital One Venture Card. Any thought?
Maybe I don't know the customs there, but can't you just request to pay in the local currency? If I ever get charged DCC I request they run it back in the local currency, and if I'm at a place I know or believe will run DCC I tell them to run it in the local currency before hand.
Old Jul 25, 2011, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by JCary
Originally Posted by godlovesugly
Maybe I don't know the customs there, but can't you just request to pay in the local currency? If I ever get charged DCC I request they run it back in the local currency, and if I'm at a place I know or believe will run DCC I tell them to run it in the local currency before hand.
PRC is not the only place in SE Asia where merchants are trying to use DCC on the customer. DEMAND that you be charged in local currency.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.