FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   MilesBuzz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz-370/)
-   -   Audience Rewards trivia questions answers for Starwood Delta, and U.S. Air (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milesbuzz/1239119-audience-rewards-trivia-questions-answers-starwood-delta-u-s-air.html)

Counsellor Aug 10, 2013 3:29 am

Checked the SPG link today. Result:

No trivia questions are available for this category.
Please check back tomorrow to answer Trivia.
I don't know whether that's a generic "tomorrow" (as in the "Free Beer Tomorrow" signs) or something really will post Sunday. I am inclined to the former.

FullTimeFlyer Aug 10, 2013 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Counsellor (Post 21247164)
Checked the SPG link today. Result:

I don't know whether that's a generic "tomorrow" (as in the "Free Beer Tomorrow" signs) or something really will post Sunday. I am inclined to the former.

I haven't tried BB, but I've looked at DL and US and neither of them even had a trivia link on their partner pages. SPG was the only one, but it just went to showpoints questions.

I'm inclined to think this is likely to be a longer process too, maybe while they redesign the program in some way. It has been like free beer (mmmmm...), and that usually doesn't last as long as this has.

FTF

ricohitman Aug 10, 2013 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 21248948)
I haven't tried BB, but I've looked at DL and US and neither of them even had a trivia link on their partner pages. SPG was the only one, but it just went to showpoints questions.

I'm inclined to think this is likely to be a longer process too, maybe while they redesign the program in some way. It has been like free beer (mmmmm...), and that usually doesn't last as long as this has.

FTF

Mmm...free beer.

WideOpenSpaces Aug 10, 2013 5:33 pm

We received direct communication from AR that the Points Play trivia questions for partner rewards has been suspended while it's future and viability are evaluated. The programs may return on a promotional basis.

starflyer Aug 10, 2013 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by WideOpenSpaces (Post 21250069)
We received direct communication from AR that the Points Play trivia questions for partner rewards has been suspended while it's future and viability are evaluated. The programs may return on a promotional basis.

Who is "we"?

PaulMSN Aug 10, 2013 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer (Post 21250074)
Who is "we"?

Maybe it's the royal "we".

FullTimeFlyer Aug 11, 2013 8:20 am

Here's a link to more info

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 21250553)
Maybe it's the royal "we".

Ah, OK. I looked up WOS's profile to see if there were any clues there; ie, was he/she representing someone. No info but a link to a home page, which I guess is a point advisory site. I clicked on it and the lead story concerns the (at least temporary) demise of this program.

http://inacents.com/

There's an enormous amount of background but if you read through it all it sounds like there've been a couple of calls and an e-mail with AR confirming they are suspending it.

I'm disappointed but it's hard to be surprised because I've been wondering for a while what was in it for AR, since most of us have strictly been playing for the free points/miles.

As always, it sounds like there is a straw that broke the camel's back, and going by this story it sounds like there was an explosion of players from BB, of all things - no doubt the least of our interests for many FTers.

Without this, Mrs FTF's SPG account is going to go dry since she doesn't travel without me and that's when we stay on points, so there's one upcoming casualty of this. :(

starflyer Aug 11, 2013 11:16 am

Thanks FullTimeFlyer (and WideOpenSpaces).

WideOpenSpaces Aug 11, 2013 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by FullTimeFlyer (Post 21252408)
Ah, OK. I looked up WOS's profile to see if there were any clues there; ie, was he/she representing someone. No info but a link to a home page, which I guess is a point advisory site. I clicked on it and the lead story concerns the (at least temporary) demise of this program.

http://inacents.com/

There's an enormous amount of background but if you read through it all it sounds like there've been a couple of calls and an e-mail with AR confirming they are suspending it.

I'm disappointed but it's hard to be surprised because I've been wondering for a while what was in it for AR, since most of us have strictly been playing for the free points/miles.

As always, it sounds like there is a straw that broke the camel's back, and going by this story it sounds like there was an explosion of players from BB, of all things - no doubt the least of our interests for many FTers.

Without this, Mrs FTF's SPG account is going to go dry since she doesn't travel without me and that's when we stay on points, so there's one upcoming casualty of this. :(

Thanks, I was just trying to be subtle without self promotion.

tomy77 Aug 12, 2013 3:32 pm

Awww.. that's so sad. It's a good way to extend your miles, and earn some for practically no effort.

FullTimeFlyer Aug 13, 2013 7:18 am

Originally Posted by tomy77 (Post 21260060)
Awww.. that's so sad. It's a good way to extend your miles, and earn some for practically no effort.

And no dollars!

blueeagle3 Aug 15, 2013 8:38 am

I dont see any of the Question in none of the Programs - is there a Problem with the System?

uxb Aug 15, 2013 8:41 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3 (Post 21277703)
I dont see any of the Question in none of the Programs - is there a Problem with the System?

If you scroll back a page or two, then you will see that AR has suspended Points Play until further notice. Cheers!

lcpteck Aug 15, 2013 8:41 am

Originally Posted by blueeagle3 (Post 21277703)

You should read through the thread. :)

blueeagle3 Aug 15, 2013 9:12 am

Originally Posted by lcpteck (Post 21277722)
You should read through the thread. :)

I admit it! I did not read all the Thread...Shame on me!

But still, thanks for the Info :D