Search

[Targeted] 60,000 Bonus Miles Continental OnePass Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

[Targeted] 60,000 Bonus Miles Continental OnePass Plus

Just received this email one minute ago:

Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:27 pm

That's that highest it's ever been. Oh, spend 25k to get the other 10k...nevermind

Last edited by philemer; Nov 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm Reason: removed inappropriate language
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:32 pm

I just got this today as well. I already had the old Onepass card (cancelled in August) so I assume I don't qualify for this? Kind of weird they would send me this offer when I already have had the card, I wish they'd send me the equivalent UA Explorer offer.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:40 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
I got the same email. But I wonder if I can apply it because I just got Southwest card a month ago.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zzyzx
I got the same email. But I wonder if I can apply it because I just got Southwest card a month ago.
It depends on more than just that. If Chase "likes you", and that spacing is not part of a pattern (ie, you have other cards with them and the other cards are much much older than 1 month), and you aren't at whatever they consider their "max" of cards, it may not be a problem at all. If the Southwest card is the first card you ever got from Chase and your whole credit history is very short, then it's more likely to be a problem.

I find it amusing, however, that CO OnePass has a brand new card offer now (mid-November, and says apply through Dec 31) when CO OnePass as such will stop existing in only about 6 weeks (ie, likely before the bonus miles post for some!). I'm not saying it's a problem (they do explain in the email that the miles will automatically convert to UA), but it still seems funny that it's a CO OnePass offer rather than a UA MileagePlus offer (or at least a combined offer).
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: SQ
I applied....they need to take 10 days to look it over...that means that I'm going to get rejected I guess....
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:54 pm

Perfect. thank you for the share. Is there a code or anything we need to say when calling? I was just about to get my parents the CO card this week.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:57 pm

My wife and I just got the same email, but isn't it the same as http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...card-back.html ?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
watch out for phishing....

sounds too good to be true
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:14 pm

I got the email too. I see not reason its not legit, what makes you think phishing....further, is there a way to be sure its not phishing?

Originally Posted by worldtraveler19

Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: lots of little things

While in general being observant and cautious is good, why this out of all the email offers out there?

Originally Posted by jbminger
I got the email too. I see not reason its not legit, what makes you think phishing....further, is there a way to be sure its not phishing?
Yeah, apply via the phone number included in the email if you feel the need.

Originally Posted by AlexSTC
Perfect. thank you for the share. Is there a code or anything we need to say when calling? I was just about to get my parents the CO card this week.
You can't apply for this online or via phone without having been targeted with a unique offer code.

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
I applied....they need to take 10 days to look it over...that means that I'm going to get rejected I guess....
Not necessarily, call and speak with them to see about moving around lines of credit or to answer any questions they may have.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:21 pm

The invite lists First Name, OnePass #, and email address. Seems like if it is a phishing attempt, they already know a lot about you.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Wink

I got one too
I just applied for 2 southwest cards 1 month ago, I will wait until the end of the year to apply for this card
25k to spend for a year is too much I think but 50k is not bad at all
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:30 pm

If anyone isn't using this would you be willing to share your offer code? Please PM me.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 1:46 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
Not always

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
Not always. I just approved for a different Chase product after getting the 'ten day' thing. The approval came about ten days after applying. Also, if you're rejected because of too many apps or credit lines, call the number on the letter. Often they will let you move some credit from one card and give you another.
Good luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.