Reload this Page >

Q3 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q3 2011 Car Rental Bonus Promos!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Hyatt Diamond, MR Platinum, PC Platinum, SPG Platinum, HH Gold
HOT HHonors/Budget 6,500K bonus points, save 20% MUHZ012 - Exp: Aug 15, 2011 - Min: 2 days

This one is great! I had a two day rental last weekend, $47.50 ai rate, got the 250 Base points and another 6,500 bonus points. 6,750 points total at $0.007 per point!
Old Jul 19, 2011, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
Hertz CDPs

Has anyone figured out how to use a corporate CDP number and still get the United 1K online booking bonus on Hertz?

In my case, my corporate CDP nets better rates, damage waivers, etc. but seems to invalidate qualifying for any of these promotions.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHononors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Star Alliance Silver, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidential
LAX - best codes for 6 day rental?

We'll be in LA from 8/14 - 8/20 and need a car - what's the best current promotion for an average vehicle (don't need fancy and not in need of any insurances, gadgets, etc.)? Flying in on CO and have status with Hertz and Avis.

Thanks in advance,
Manuel
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:30 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by manuel_c
We'll be in LA from 8/14 - 8/20 and need a car - what's the best current promotion for an average vehicle (don't need fancy and not in need of any insurances, gadgets, etc.)? Flying in on CO and have status with Hertz and Avis.

Thanks in advance,
Manuel
It all depends on you. The deals are listed in the first. Depends on if you want miles, hotel points, discounts, etc. Then depends on what program you want miles/points in. It doesn't matter which airline you are taking to/from L.A. since you have a longer rental, you should be able to qualify for just about every offer.

The AA/Avis offer for 25% off and 5k AA miles is very good, but if you don't fly AA then the miles don't really do anything for you. This is why it totally depends on what you are looking for. I fly United, so I'd much rather get 1k-2k United miles over 5k AA miles.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, United
autoslash.com worked for my last 3 rentals. No I do not work for them.
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHononors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, Star Alliance Silver, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidential
I did some more homework as suggested:

https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...ilton6500.html

..in combination with 'pay now' gets me a full size rental (Budget) for $210 for 6 days. Does anyone know whether/how to match or even beat this but with Avis or Hertz (got status with both)?

Thanks,
Manuel
Old Aug 1, 2011, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
It all depends on you. The deals are listed in the first. Depends on if you want miles, hotel points, discounts, etc. Then depends on what program you want miles/points in. It doesn't matter which airline you are taking to/from L.A. since you have a longer rental, you should be able to qualify for just about every offer.

The AA/Avis offer for 25% off and 5k AA miles is very good, but if you don't fly AA then the miles don't really do anything for you. This is why it totally depends on what you are looking for. I fly United, so I'd much rather get 1k-2k United miles over 5k AA miles.

Thank you for the insight and education - appreciate it. My goal is to get the lowest possible price (ideally with Hertz or Avis). Right now, sadly, the lowest price seems to be Budget via https://www.budget.com/budgetWeb/htm...ilton6500.html ...$210 for a full size. Are you aware of any Avis/Hertz offers that come even close?
Old Aug 1, 2011, 4:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Evan!
[*]Best Western/Avis 1,750 points, save 25% MUHA061 – Exp: Dec 31, 2011 – Min: 2 days
I know it says 1750 total points on the linked landing page, and my 2-day rental said 1750 on my Avis receipt, but for whatever reason, mine posted at BW as 2000 points, and furthermore as 2 night credits, thus counting toward elite status! ^

I've only done one rental with this promo so far, so cannot say whether it's how it regularly works or a one-time fluke. (It's also the first time I've credited any rental to Best Western.)
Old Aug 6, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Originally Posted by Evan!
UA/Hertz 1K online booking bonus CDP 62455 - Exp: Aug 31, 2011 - Min: 1 day
Originally Posted by kaaria
Use PC: 144340 for an extra $10 off per weekend day.
I have been using this for last 5-6 rentals but only 50 UA miles are posting for each of the rental. Is someone else also having similar problems? Did 1K miles post correctly for anyone so far?

I am wondering if I really have to use that link to make my reservation to earn 1K bonus or can I just use the CDP and $10 PC on Hertz.com directly?
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by jeelele
I have been using this for last 5-6 rentals but only 50 UA miles are posting for each of the rental. Is someone else also having similar problems? Did 1K miles post correctly for anyone so far?

I am wondering if I really have to use that link to make my reservation to earn 1K bonus or can I just use the CDP and $10 PC on Hertz.com directly?
I have had 3 rentals using the actual link and not just the codes. I haven't had anything post yet. My rental dates were: July 5-6, July 20-21, and Aug 5-6. I am starting to wonder too, but I think seeing just 50 pts post might be worrisome. Seems as if your rental did post, but not with the bonus.

It does say this on the T&C at the bottom of the linked page:
1,000 mile online booking bonus will be awarded only on rentals booked through this link and completed by August 31, 2011. To be eligible to receive miles, completed rentals must include your United Mileage Plus number.

Last edited by roknroll; Aug 6, 2011 at 1:44 pm
Old Aug 6, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH
Originally Posted by roknroll
I have had 3 rentals using the actual link and not just the codes. I haven't had anything post yet. My rental dates were: July 5-6, July 20-21, and Aug 5-6.

I am starting to wonder too, but I think seeing just 50 pts post might be worrisome. Seems as if your rental did post, but not with the bonus.
similar here (50 pt, no 1000 bonus). wondering if the bonus will post after the promo ends?
Old Aug 9, 2011, 6:49 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals

Happy to report that 1K bonus posted from July 17 rental. It posted as "United.com bonus" in the activity description.

Unfortunately, I don't remember if I had booked that reservation using the link or by logging directly to hertz.com and using the CDP code. Will report if any other bonus posts.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:52 am

Happy to report that 1K bonus posted from July 17 rental. It posted as "United.com bonus" in the activity description.

Unfortunately, I don't remember if I had booked that reservation using the link or by logging directly to hertz.com and using the CDP code. Will report if any other bonus posts.
One of my rentals just posted, after contacting Hertz through their contact form through their website yesterday. I never received a response, but this morning the miles are there. The posting date on my MP account is July 20, even though they just showed up today. Not 100% sure which rental posted, as I had a rental on Jul 6/7 and a rental on Jul 20/21. I sent two separate messages to Hertz for each of those rentals. All of my rentals were booked through the link, so I can't report if it still posts when not using the link, and only using the CDP.

Shows up as HERTZ UNITED.COM BONUS 1000 on my MP activity.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:19 pm
In memoriam

IMO - the OP here ought to be a "sticky" (and perhaps it is in another forum).

FWIW - I have often gotten the best rental deals in the past from the coupons in our local Entertainment Book. Better than the discounts I can get from some group discount codes I'm entitled to.

I know it will go contrary to a lot of FT stuff (best deal always) - but I only rent from Hertz. Even if it's not the absolute best rate in town. Because when we got stranded in NYC after 9/11 - Hertz rented us a car out of EWR (when we could finally get out of Manhattan to EWR) - normal daily rate out of EWR to Florida. No mileage fee or one way charge. It did that for everyone renting a car out of EWR - even if they were driving to Los Angeles!

I feel the same way about Home Depot. Because - after Hurricane Andrew - it got emergency supplies to us in south Florida ASAP - and charged us its normal everyday prices.

Talk about building up brand loyalty. These outfits know how to do it (at least when it comes to me during and after these events). Robyn
Old Aug 12, 2011, 12:59 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
FL/Hertz Save Up to 35% off & Earn Double A+ Rewards Credits CDP# 1259680 and PC# 123841 – Exp: Mar 31, 2012 – Min: 1 day

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.