Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWA Two Free Flights Promo (Chase)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

SWA Two Free Flights Promo (Chase)

Just got a (targeted?) email offer with a specific invitation code for 2 free flights for signing up for the SWA credit card from Chase. This is better than the usual 1 free flight offer so, that's good.

However, what's bad is that, despite my spotless credit, I churn a bit, probably open and close 3-4 cards per year, currently have a Chase Marriott Rewards card and just recently (under a month ago) closed a Chase Continental card.

Even worse, about 2 weeks ago (soon after closing the Continental) I had already applied for the SWA card (regular offer) and received a denial letter in the mail, due to too many accounts with Chase (I guess they draw the line at 2 recent cards/offers).

I REALLY would love to take advantage of this offer. The e-mail has a phone number and offer code, I'm wondering, does anyone know if I call and apply via phone (and perhaps explain the situation) if I have any chance or if it's not even worth the pull?

As I said, my credit is fantastic, I don't have many active cards and all I pay the balance on. Only a mortgage and no other debt. Good salary/401k/credit record/etc.

Do I have a chance in calling and trying so soon after being denied electronically when applying for the SWA Chase card?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 8:27 pm

I also just received an email with a specific invitation code from SWA for the same offer (2 free flights). I previously had a SWA Visa card that I cancelled last year so was leery of applying because of Chase's policy of no churning. However, the specific invitation code option piqued my interest and am looking for input on the odds of actually getting thedr miles. When I click on the offer code my name and address are preprinted on the application form if that helps. Thanks for any guidance as well.
Old Jun 23, 2011, 9:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
A simple search would have found this existing thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...emier-50k.html Follow discussion there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.