Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Old Jul 20, 2011, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by lin821
If it's a personal link, no can do. Borrow MOD's words from another SPG Amex thread:

I believe TOS apply to referral links too since it's supposed to be done in SPAM Forum.
The link that came in the emails that sends you to the Refer-a-Friend page appears to work for anyone and is thus not personal. If you click on the link it requests that you sign in and once you do you can send referrals. This works with the Personal 30K Link thoughtfully posted by pWei and there is no reason to believe that it would work differently for the Business link.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: OZ *G; HH Diamond;
Originally Posted by pWei
I got that email too. Amex has a twitter account; they might be more helpful.

http://twitter.com/#!/americanexpress
This is the link to refer, though I don't know if it's the same for everyone.
https://www201.americanexpress.com/s...R&om_lid=axp15

Potentially identifying info redacted.
pWei's link worked for me. Thanks.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 4:36 pm

Works great, thanks pWei!
Main question is, might they not honour it as they can see who was targetted and who not?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 5:44 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by amrom
Works great, thanks pWei!
Main question is, might they not honour it as they can see who was targetted and who not?
highly unlikely. also stepping back, it wouldn't make sense as they are getting new customers and that's the company's ultimate goal. for example I referred to them some high income/high spenders who wouldn't use AMEX if I didn't pitch them on the on the merits. I couldn't get those folks on the 15K spend, but 4.5K spend is enough "hook" to reel them in without feeling too too committed.
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:11 pm

AMEX SPG Business Link

I do enough reading on the site that I felt I should contribute something useful. Searched the Internet a bit and found the link for the business application. It was through Fatwallet (the link is in the first section, under the general info about the promotion). So, I'm just going to leave their link in tack. Hope this helps!

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1112586/
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:35 am

I'd like to sign up for the business card.

I have personal referrals for the SPG and would like to swap a sign up

Win win
Old Jul 21, 2011, 9:46 am

Just use the link I posted above. It's to a forum in fatwallet that has the business link without the necessary referral.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Jake Gittes
Welcome to FT, and thank you THANK YOU for searching threads as opposed to posting new ones!!!^^

I tried calling up the SPG AmEx folks trying to finagle my way into this 30K offer myself, but it seems like it was pretty targeted.
Thank you Jake. I appreciate all the information Flyertalk has provided me. I'm checking in. Two phone calls and a secured message request later, I did not have any luck in getting the 30,000 point with lower spend. The secured message reply stated that the bonus was available only to new cards opened through a referral.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:35 am
Suspended

Wide open now; no referral needed for 10K + 20K/$4500/3mo offer. The spg.com home page links to this offer page:

https://www143.americanexpress.com/a...landingCode=67

Expires August 22.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by beltway
Wide open now; no referral needed for 10K + 20K/$4500/3mo offer. The spg.com home page links to this offer page:

Expires August 22.
I thought that today the offer become available for everyone to refer!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by beltway

Expires August 22.
The Business application does not appear to work. I click Verify and it just sits there. Tried on two computers, FireFox and IE. I am starting to think they just don't want Business customers.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by amrom
I thought that today the offer become available for everyone to refer!
No referral needed-open to everyone. Thanks beltway
Old Jul 26, 2011, 8:51 am

anyone approved by Business card?

i used referral from a friend so AMX sends me email to apply, I applied Business card in SUN from the AMEX email link, filled in as sole proprietor, 0 revenue, pending after I submit, however now I still cannot find any application status either online or by calling CSR.

They want me to call back 3-5 days later and said their system may grab my app later this week.

I am surprised that I apply by AMEX email link but they still haev not got my app yet.

So anybody here get instant approved for Business card? Or if yours is pending, how long will it show up in their system so you can check?
thanks for exp sharing.

Last edited by jldong; Jul 26, 2011 at 9:29 am
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:21 am

Anybody been approved with the open referral links posted above? Some have mentioned that their apps were not found.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: *G, SPG, OW Sapphire
While not as great as last year's promo, this is a great deal and FAR better than what they normally have going on. For those of you on the fence, I'd say jump on this one now. I'd be happy to shoot out a referral to anyone who PMs me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.