Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

[Expired] SPG Amex - 30,000 bonus Starpoints

Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold
Originally Posted by pork1781
Today I received an offer in the snail mail for the SPG Amex card with 30,000 points! I wonder if anyone else got it.

Details:
10,000 bonus points after first purchase
20,000 bonus points when you spend $4,500 in first 3 months
Annual fee of $65 waived for first year.

Other benefits appear the same:
- 3rd night free
- credit for 5 nights and 2 stays towards SPG status

It appears to be targeted and is better than the normal 25,000 points offered. I did a search in the forum and didn't see any previous posts. In case anyone is thinking about applying lately, make sure you check your mail!
No link though. The letter has an RSVP #.
Did you ever get the offer for no first spend bonus, but 15,000 points after $1,500 in three months? That is the offer I just got, but would much rather wait on the offer you got if it's going to cycle around to me.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Gold, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum
Originally Posted by RDB68
Did you ever get the offer for no first spend bonus, but 15,000 points after $1,500 in three months? That is the offer I just got, but would much rather wait on the offer you got if it's going to cycle around to me.
I think I have seen those standard offers in the snail mail...
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Good stuff, I hope a link comes out like last year this time.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:33 pm

yep

Originally Posted by josephstern
For the mods - if we can get the title changed from "SGP" to "SPG" it might help in some searches down the road.
yeah, the abbreviations are cryptic enough to newbees, dont start making up new ones.

I am probably going to call in the next few days and see if I can get a retention offer on my SPG cards. (got 30k personal and business for me and the wife) Since they raised the fee I will probably drop at least 2, maybe 3, unless they offer to waive the fee, or give 5-10k to keep me.
I will keep one open and transfer all my wife's points to my SPG account.

Which card should I keep?...I read somewhere the protections for car rentals, product warranty and replacement and such was better on the personal card. Anyone know the difference?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Good stuff, I hope a link comes out like last year this time.
Totally with you. I've been wanting to switch to an SPG Amex for my everyday spending but missed out on the 30k offer last year. I would do the 25k bonus but have a feeling they will give me a credit line that would prevent me from spending the required 15k in 6 months without paying off early etc which is just too much of a hassle. Until I can jump on this deal I'll stick to my premier rewards gold.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:02 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Question: My mom got this same offer. We live at the same address. Can I input the RSVP number online and then change the application to match my details? Would that work? Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by greenythebeast
Question: My mom got this same offer. We live at the same address. Can I input the RSVP number online and then change the application to match my details? Would that work? Thanks for your help.
Probably. The link I pasted early in the thread just asks for the zip code and the RSVP code. For the business apps you can change the name of the business as long as the address stays the same. You can always try.

Ike
p.s. But even if you get the 30K points, now we all know you live with your mom.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:51 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by IkeEsq
Probably. The link I pasted early in the thread just asks for the zip code and the RSVP code. For the business apps you can change the name of the business as long as the address stays the same. You can always try.

Ike
p.s. But even if you get the 30K points, now we all know you live with your mom.
I'm home for the summer from college!

When I enter the RSVP number and ZIP it brings me to an application that asks for name, SSN, income, but no address. So it seems you can get it as long as you live at the address it is sent to?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:05 pm

I'm home for the summer from college!

When I enter the RSVP number and ZIP it brings me to an application that asks for name, SSN, income, but no address. So it seems you can get it as long as you live at the address it is sent to?
That was my impression based on others' reports of similar AmEx offers. Congrats if you get approved!

Ike
Old Jun 8, 2011, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Yes. Just did it yesterday for a targeted 75K Amex MR card. I input my info and was approved.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 11:51 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone tried to switch their 10k x 15k StarPoints bonus to this promotion? Any luck? I've had my card for a little less than a month and just e-mailed them to see if they would give me the 30k instead of the 25k...
Old Jun 10, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Okay I'll report in first, then. As I mentioned above I just received a card a month ago with the 10k points then 15k points after $15k spend and last night I e-mailed to see if they would give me the OP's offer (as they had done with MR cards recently). I received notification that while they can't grant me the offer of 30k points after $4,500 spend, they would give me an extra 5k points after the $4,500 spend for a total of 30k points after $15k spend. Not quite as good as the OP's offer but certainly better than nothing. I had been waiting and waiting to apply for the card until a better offer came up and pulled the trigger just a month early...although it worked out pretty much the same in the end.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Aspirant
Okay I'll report in first, then. As I mentioned above I just received a card a month ago with the 10k points then 15k points after $15k spend and last night I e-mailed to see if they would give me the OP's offer (as they had done with MR cards recently). I received notification that while they can't grant me the offer of 30k points after $4,500 spend, they would give me an extra 5k points after the $4,500 spend for a total of 30k points after $15k spend. Not quite as good as the OP's offer but certainly better than nothing. I had been waiting and waiting to apply for the card until a better offer came up and pulled the trigger just a month early...although it worked out pretty much the same in the end.
I'm new to this site, stumbled on it while searching for info on the SPG Amex. I just received a card also with the 10K points and 15K after $15K spend. Would you mind sharing the email address and information included in your email? Did you have to offer a code for the offer you were requesting? Thanks so much.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by looniebuz
I'm new to this site, stumbled on it while searching for info on the SPG Amex. I just received a card also with the 10K points and 15K after $15K spend. Would you mind sharing the email address and information included in your email? Did you have to offer a code for the offer you were requesting? Thanks so much.
Welcome to FT, and thank you THANK YOU for searching threads as opposed to posting new ones!!!^^

I tried calling up the SPG AmEx folks trying to finagle my way into this 30K offer myself, but it seems like it was pretty targeted.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA LTG, Marriott LTP. 50% Delta LTS, Working on Hyatt LTD
Originally Posted by Aspirant
Just sent a similar email. We shall see how it goes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.