Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted] Chase Ink Bold Business Card - 80K Bonus Points

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2011, 9:21 pm

Still hoping to get the 80k offer sigh.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:16 pm

After receiving plenty of sad 30,000 offers, I finally got this one with 50k after first purchase. I have until nov to respond, so I'm going to decide between this one and the united one. Chase hates me (historically), so I doubt I could get TWO applications approved in nov.

I could also continue to wait for an 80000 offer, but the chances may be slim. I never seemed to get the best offer.
Old Oct 14, 2011, 8:10 am

Does anyone know what "This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer" means?

I currently have an Ink Cash and received a 40,000 bonus offer on an Ink (not Cash, not Bold). Would I be eligible for this offer?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 7:35 am

Does Chase consider the number of personal cards you have when considering your Ink Bold application? Or are personal/business credit lines separate?
Old Oct 22, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kilton
Does Chase consider the number of personal cards you have when considering your Ink Bold application? Or are personal/business credit lines separate?
They do. I was asked to reduce my $20K CL on Chase Hyatt to $10K, then approved for $15K on Ink Bold.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 12:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, JetBlue Mosaic (sometimes)
Originally Posted by swat16
It's true that Chase has a second level of reviewers that you cannot speak with and nobody can expedite the process. For some reason I have to go through this every time I apply with Chase. It takes about an extra 10 days but then you can call the reconsideration line and get it approved instantly or reconsidered. I'm in the same boat as you right now with this card.
Huh? Am I reading this wrong? I applied last week and then called in 4 days later to status line. Status people said still under consideration. So I called their business reconsideration line. They said still under consideration, they have had lots of applications and are behind. I said that I would love to use it sooner and don't want to get lost in the shuffle. He then pulled it up and started asking me questions such as biz revenues and profits for the past 3 years. He ended up closing out a dormant Ink card from years ago (one that I only had to borrow 0% and buy treasuries before they started adding those 3% fees) with a $30k line and put $30k on this card.

I'm going to call in upon receiving the card to make sure the bonus offer shows up (want to make sure the old card doesn't affect it). Unfortunately, I was only able to get the normal 50k offer not the 80k, but if I have some time to waste, I may give a match a try. Doubt it will happen but maybe I can get some courtesy points or something. Anyhow, I just got my $540 check from finishing my Sapphire spend a few days ago, so am pretty happy with Chase right now. Maybe this time I will convert it to miles.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
I already have a Chase Sapphire, but I am looking to add a Chase Ink business card for 50k bonus points. If I apply for this card and am approved, will they pool my points from both accounts? I want to dump my citi business cards and get these instead. Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I also have a Sapphire,
waited 6 months since that was issued,
applied for the Ink Bold, was turned down,
"too many enquiries". Oh well.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by BOShappyflyer
After receiving plenty of sad 30,000 offers, I finally got this one with 50k after first purchase. I have until nov to respond, so I'm going to decide between this one and the united one. Chase hates me (historically), so I doubt I could get TWO applications approved in nov.

I could also continue to wait for an 80000 offer, but the chances may be slim. I never seemed to get the best offer.
I never seem to get the best offers either, and my credit is good.

I think 50k after first purchase is a great offer, as it doesn't tie up spending you could be doing for other bonuses, and it will post quickly. I wouldn't hold your breath on the United Explorer card, the Frugal Travel Guy says that the public 60,000 mile offer has been postponed until first quarter 2012. I would apply for the Ink Bold now, and plan to apply for the United Explorer card later, figuring that enough time will probably elapse to be able to get both cards.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by trach500
I already have a Chase Sapphire, but I am looking to add a Chase Ink business card for 50k bonus points. If I apply for this card and am approved, will they pool my points from both accounts? I want to dump my citi business cards and get these instead. Thanks
There is an online menu allowing you to combine Chase Ultimate Rewards points between different cards and different people. If your two Ultimate Rewards accounts are not combined automatically, you will be able to combine points manually.
Old Oct 30, 2011, 4:21 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Find out what I am eligible for

Originally Posted by birdseye
I never seem to get the best offers either, and my credit is good.

I think 50k after first purchase is a great offer, as it doesn't tie up spending you could be doing for other bonuses, and it will post quickly. I wouldn't hold your breath on the United Explorer card, the Frugal Travel Guy says that the public 60,000 mile offer has been postponed until first quarter 2012. I would apply for the Ink Bold now, and plan to apply for the United Explorer card later, figuring that enough time will probably elapse to be able to get both cards.
I never got any offers also. I had told chase when they gave me an ATM/Visa card years ago I don't want a visa card just a plain ATM and don't bother me with any promo mail etc.

I had blocked my name from those promos. Now I got the chase sapphires and
the chase Hyatt and told them remove my name from the restricted list.

My problem is I am in Greece for 2 months now and wonder if there is any way to find out what might be in my snail mail from chase.

With delta I can go into my account and see what promotions I am eligible for .

Is there any way to do this with Chase ?
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by birdseye
There is an online menu allowing you to combine Chase Ultimate Rewards points between different cards and different people. If your two Ultimate Rewards accounts are not combined automatically, you will be able to combine points manually.
Thanks !
Old Oct 30, 2011, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by trach500
Thanks !
+1.. thought it was odd they were being separated in different accounts..
Old Oct 30, 2011, 1:17 pm

Remember to send Ultimate Rewards points to the account with the best ability to transfer points, either Ink Bold or Chase Sapphire Preferred.

To transfer points manually:

1)Log into Chase, click "Go to Ultmate Rewards" on the card you want to transfer points FROM (not as critical if both accounts are in your name)
2)Click on "Earn Faster" menu, select "Combine Ultimate Rewards Points" from pull down menu
3)Fill out form. It allows you to transfer points to someone else by entering their credit card number and name. Click Next. I haven't gone further than this yet.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 11:28 am

I applied for the Sapphire Preferred and then Ink Bold on 10/17, instant approval on Sapphire but Ink was deferred. Called about the Ink application today and they said it was already approved. So, well, that was easy. I only have one other Chase card (20-yo Slate). We'll just wait a couple more weeks before next application.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.