Old May 17, 2013, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
  1. What are the most current working links?
  2. Is this card churnable?
  3. How frequently can I apply for these cards?
  4. Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
  5. I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?

[1] What are the most current working links?

There is a standard offer for 50K points after $1K spend in 4 months. (No landing page is available for this offer; lnik taken from wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...amex-citi.html.)

There are no known 60K offers available. The most recent one expired in late September 2014.

[2] Is this card churnable?
In the past, this card has been easily churnable. However, in December 2014 Citi began inserting language into some applications and landing pages disqualifying current Hilton Visa cardholders & requiring an 18-month wait from the date of the previous card's cancellation. The application link listed above does not include this restriction, and FTers have confirmed that they have been approved through this application despite being current or recent holders of another Citi Hilton card.

[3] How frequently can I apply for these cards?
You can only apply for ONE Citi card in a week or TWO in two months (60 days). To be safe, it is frequently suggested to wait 8+ days between ANY two Citi applications and 65+ days until your third Citi application of ANY kind. These are rolling dates, so you have to wait at least 60 days (65+) from your second application to your 4th applications, and so forth.

If math is not your strong suit, you can use: http://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html.

Example:
Day 0 - Citi HHonors Card #1
Day 8 - Citi AA Personal Card
Day 65 - Citi AA Business Card
Day 73 - Citi HHonors Card #2
Day 130 - Citi TY Card

[4] Do I have to close my previous card before reapplying?
Not if you use the application link above. As stated above, in December 2014 Citi began introducing new application pages requiring an 18-month wait since cancellation of the prior card.

Note that when you close an account, Citi may not "free up" the credit limit from that card for as long as 6 months. So if you're going to apply within 6 months, it's better to not cancel beforehand.

[5] I got the 60K card and bonus but when I finished the spend on my second 60K card I did not get the bonus. What happened?
There appears to be a problem with Citi crediting you with both bonuses but Hilton not crediting the second bonus because their system sees it as a duplicate.

You need to open up a case, preferably with Hilton, and explain that you have two separate cards (feel free to explain one is for business and one for personal if they ask why you have multiple cards and you feel like explaining). You also need to diligently check back with them and make sure that they do not close the case as you already got the bonus.

This is very much a YMMV situation. Depending on who you talk to and where, this can be a relatively short process or a particularly unpleasant and long one. Best advice: Be nice to the CSRs and get them on your side or HUACA until you find someone useful.

For some people it may be worth getting the 50K card instead, possibly trying to "bump the bonus" to 60K and getting it as a 10K adjustment instead.
Print Wikipost

Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Old May 26, 2011, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, AS, BA, UA, HH, Hyatt
Citi Hilton HHonors Visa [2011-2014]

Got a decent offer today for a 50,000 Citibank Hilton Visa card. No fee, 50k once you spend $1,500 within 6 months. Also, gives silver membership and fast track to gold after 6 stays within 90 days of card membership. I don't think its a targeted offer.

*Edited*
50k $1,000 within 4 months
http://creditcards.citicards.com/usc...4C867DBADF3209

Last edited by Milano Suprano; Dec 11, 2013 at 5:44 pm Reason: updated link
Old May 26, 2011, 1:23 pm

I received the same offer.
Old May 26, 2011, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Do you have a link?
Old May 26, 2011, 2:06 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Thumbs up

Unlike the Visa 40K application that expressly states the amount of miles this one will require a leap of faith for those who have not received the original email. Not saying it ain't worth it though...
Old May 26, 2011, 3:32 pm

Anyone tried this yet?

Watch out for the T&C Barclay-style:

If you do not meet our criteria for the Visa Signature Card, your application may be processed for the Visa Gold Card. The Visa Gold Card does not carry the same level of benefits as the Visa Signature Card.

To receive a Signature card, you must have an annual income of at least $35000, and you must meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Signature card. Otherwise, you may receive a Gold card, provided you meet our applicable criteria bearing on creditworthiness for the Gold card. The Gold card does not have as many benefits as the Signature card. Your credit limit (Gold card) or revolving credit limit (Signature card) will be determined by your yearly income or assets and a review of your credit report. You will be informed of the amount of your credit limit (Gold card) or revolving credit limit (Signature card) when you receive your credit card. Some limits may be as low as $500. Please note that cash advances may be limited to a portion of your credit limit (Gold card) or revolving credit limit (Signature card).
Old May 26, 2011, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
Sorry, I am not seeing the bonus amount anywhere.
Old May 26, 2011, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, AA Gold, A3 Gold, WN CP, and lots of points everywhere.
Can anyone describe anything more about how you received this? I just applied and was approved under the 40k offer this past weekend. I'd like to request the offer be bumped up and it'd be nice to be able to describe it better. Any promo codes or similar? Did it come by email or mail?

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: SkyMiles Silver / DividendMiles Silver
Weird...
I got an offer today from them for a 40K one, otherwise identical. Since I had just signed up for the 60+k no annual fee amex I think I'm gonna pass on this one.
Old May 26, 2011, 5:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by albsquirrel
Anyone tried this yet?

Watch out for the T&C Barclay-style:

If you do not meet our criteria for the Visa Signature Card, your application may be processed for the Visa Gold Card. The Visa Gold Card does not carry the same level of benefits as the Visa Signature Card.
Both my wife and I were approved for the signature card instantly. FYI- She had recently got the lesser US DM Barclays card.
Old May 26, 2011, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Already applied for the Citi-AA cards recently. Can they turn me down for this card as its also with Citi or is there a 60day-90days waiting with Citi to apply for another of their cards

Which airlines (miles) can Hilton points be converted to.

Also, can anyone confirm the bonus miles for this offer using the link.

Thanks
Old May 26, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by the-dude
Weird...
I got an offer today from them for a 40K one, otherwise identical.
Me too.

Can anyone provide more info on this?
Old May 26, 2011, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Nice bonus but I don't see the miles either.
I got the Amex Hilton recently so this would be a nice addition.
Old May 26, 2011, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

I haven't followed much of the 75k AA Citibank promo thread because wife and I used to churn and last year were both turned down when the real good promos came out. I did remember back from the churn days that only 1 credit pull from 2 personal apps within hours, so I went ahead and applied for the AA card right after this hoping that if I got declined it wouldn't count as a credit pull. I got the application pending, aka decline, but to my surprise my wife was approved! And she currently HAS a AA citi card from a few years ago! So I guess today I managed to pick up 75k AA miles and 100k HH points!

So not sure if it will indeed only count as only 1 app, but for those of you who are past AA Citi card holders and were considering this app, it may be worth a try the AA also even if expecting a decline.
Old May 27, 2011, 5:04 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Originally Posted by vitousa
Nice bonus but I don't see the miles either.
I got the Amex Hilton recently so this would be a nice addition.
The links in the Citi AA thread didn't show the bonus amount on the app page either - people had to keep the faith and apply, and were rewarded accordingly.

This link is untried and untested (until someone who didn't receive the 50K e-mail comes along and says otherwise). I received the 40K e-mail myself, so am asking myself now if I feel lucky... In any case I'll wait at least a few weeks after a 3-app bonanza for other cards last week.
Old May 27, 2011, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Milano Suprano
I got the application pending, aka decline, but to my surprise my wife was approved!
I also got approved, but instead of getting a card, got a letter stating that since I have had an AA card before, I will not be getting another one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.