Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Best Mother's Day (May 8th 2011) Flower Offers

Old Apr 20, 2011, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium

I've compiled the best offers (generally 25+ miles/$) for flowers/gift baskets/similar this Easter/Mother's Day season, as the promotions are ever-changing tough to track.

While the typical online price is higher than what you could get locally, these offers heavily discount your effective price and save the hassles of stopping at a store and arranging delivery when your recipient doesn't live near you. Know that the mileage offers are typically not stackable with discount coupons and/or cash back - you must choose one. Gift certificates or similar promotional credits *are* often stackable (I was just successful using a $20 1-800-Flowers credit with the Delta promo), but YMMV. Also remember that oft-expensive shipping does *not* earn miles, so factor that into your equation along with the value you place per mile/point earned.

Because cookies, your account/promo code entry, qualifying/exempted items, and other issues often arise, it's always wise to take a *screen shot* of both the offer terms and your order form with the relevant fields filled in.

Enjoy, and remember that while the miles matter, you should do something nice for your mother or someone else's regardless!

1-800-Flowers | 25 Continental miles/$ + 100 bonus (Expires May 10th 2011)
Direct Link | Terms & Conditions

Use promo code CNT67
50/$ + 200 bonus if you own a Chase Continental Mastercard
Additional miles possible through Mileathon

1-800-Flowers | 40 Delta miles/$ (Expires May 8th 2011)

Use promo code DE93

1-800-Flowers | 30 American miles/$ (Expires May 10th 2011)

Use promo code A39

1-800-Flowers | 25 US Airways miles/$ (Expires May 9th 2011)

FTD | 30 American miles/$ (Expires May 9th 2011)

Mention promo code 25037 for phone orders

FTD | 30 Delta miles/$ (Expires May 8th 2011)

FTD | 30 United miles/$ (Expiration Unknown)

FTD | 25 US Airways miles/$ (Expires May 9th 2011)

Please amend this thread with anything I've missed.

Last edited by mooper; Apr 22, 2011 at 3:22 pm Reason: Added more offers.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
1800Flowers.com - Earn 30 AA Miles Per Dollar Spent On Mother's Day Flowers And Gift
April 15 through May 10, 2011
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:18 pm

Programs: Anything CC gives me
Also don't forget Mileathon
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:14 am

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by booyaa
Also don't forget Mileathon
Exactly! In addition to double-miles using my new CO card (so 50/$ + 200), my flower purchase on 1800Flowers is pushing me up a mileathon level (=2500 more miles).

I'm basically getting paid to buy my wife flowers
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:37 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
http://www.ftd.com/18008/?int=1

United 30 miles per $. Of note there is NO spafinder GC's.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Added all suggestions (used more recent UA/FTD offer of the same caliber).

Thanks for the additions, and keep 'em comin" !
Old Apr 22, 2011, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL Silver, MR Plat, SPG Plat, CP Diamond, PC Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Jack Burton

Also,...as an added bonus,...for those who collect Fresh Rewards points from 1-800-FLOWERS, they currently have an Easter promo which doubles your FR points, through 4/24/11.

I've already bought $100 worth of flowers for Easter delivery under the AA Mother's Day promo. So, about 3,000 AA miles, and 200 Fresh Rewards points on the one purchase.

Plan to places 2 more orders tonight, both for Mother's Day, which also should qualify for both promos, thus, continuing the double-dip.

FYI,...FR points can be used for discount coupons off of future purchases. I think 200 FR points gets you a $20 coupon, which DOES work simultaneously with AA promo codes, such as the one noted above.

Last edited by Jack Burton; Apr 22, 2011 at 3:05 pm
Old Apr 22, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, CO, Delta
Thanks for creating this thread. Will definitely return when I buy my future mother-in-law flowers for Mother's Day!
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:23 am

Thanks for compiling this.

I have had problems getting FTD to credit my miles the last two times I used them. Think I will try 1-800-Flowers this time.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
2 data points. First, 800-Flowers did not credit my Delta miles last year. I completely forgot about it until recently, but after I sent them an E-mail, they credited miles super-fast, within 12 hours.

Second, they have a buy 2 save $15 promo which does not seem to be combinable with AA miles. If you have more than 2 bouquets to buy, it might be a better saving. Just saying.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 5:52 pm

I placed an order at 1-800 a few days ago using the delta promo mentioned (40) and the delta shopping portal. I rec'd the standard delta portal promo of 7/$ immediately but the promo of 40 did not post. Guess I will have to pend that one for follow up in 6 weeks or so. Is it odd that one posted and the other didn't? I do have a screenshot of the order page before submitting that shows my delta number and the promo code entered but nothing references it on my order confirmation.
Just a heads up that you may need to track down the special promo...
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Exactly! In addition to double-miles using my new CO card (so 50/$ + 200), my flower purchase on 1800Flowers is pushing me up a mileathon level (=2500 more miles).

I'm basically getting paid to buy my wife flowers
forgive me but what is mileathon?

I should sign up, eh?

Last edited by Marathon Man; Apr 24, 2011 at 6:30 pm
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Plat, Copa Pres. Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG LT Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
forgive me but what is mileathon?

I should sign up, eh?
Unfortunately, registration has already passed (but the promotion ends this week anyway).

Basically, it's a promotion where you earn credits for various activities (booking flights, car rentals, hotels, getting CO-branded credit cards, etc.). The more credits you get, the more miles you get at the end of the promotion.

Pretty good deal though - will end up being an extra 5000 miles for me (would've been 10000 if I'd had my act together and applied for the CO earlier).
Old Apr 24, 2011, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
Unfortunately, registration has already passed (but the promotion ends this week anyway).

Basically, it's a promotion where you earn credits for various activities (booking flights, car rentals, hotels, getting CO-branded credit cards, etc.). The more credits you get, the more miles you get at the end of the promotion.

Pretty good deal though - will end up being an extra 5000 miles for me (would've been 10000 if I'd had my act together and applied for the CO earlier).
thanks
yeah I musta been away and missed it

bummer., I should stop traveling so I dont miss these things hahahaha
Old Apr 24, 2011, 9:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, SPG Gold, National EC Executive, AA Platinum
AA 500 bonus for spending $75 thru shopping mall

I have not tried this but it is a good double dipping opportunity. Spend $75 on flowers, collect the miles from the florist and AA shopping mall.

https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...ndearn500.aspx

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.