Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old Jul 26, 11, 1:14 pm

So is it possible to apply for the Amex Plat Personal and get the 100k offer AND the Amex Gold Personal and get the 75k offer? Or do one of the cards need to be the business card?
Old Jul 26, 11, 5:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Our household got 3 personalized AMEX Biz Gold invitations today. So many MR points possible

Is it possible to pool MR points into one account, even if we get 2-3 cards? It'd be useful for us, particularly for those DL promotions that require 100K for a 25K MQM boost.
Old Jul 27, 11, 6:14 am
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Thanks / success!

Thanks, fallout, for the summary of codes. I'd made a bunch of notes but I was getting confused, too. Would be nice if that could be edited into an early post.

I followed the recent advice here and sent a SM on my husband's other AMEX account since we haven't received his card yet.

I received this reply:

"Yes, your card account is eligible for this bonus ID 5985.

75,000 bonus points will be credited to your Membership Rewards account 6-8 weeks after you have met the spend requirement of $1,000.00.

Please wait for the above timeframe to receive it. If you do not see 75,000 bonus points by this timeframe, please write to us again. I'll be glad to issue the bonus points manually"

thanks!

Anita
Old Jul 27, 11, 8:42 am

datapoint

Thanks to everyone for all the comments and answers. Applied for dad Monday, instant approval. Sent nice email on Tuesday. CSR wrote back that they made a note and will add 50,000 points as gesture of goodwill once we finish the spend requirement and email them back.
Old Jul 27, 11, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
This is another data point. I applied for bot personal cards, visa and Amex and got email approval --- two days later I got an email notification for each card saying the credit limit and that they were being shipped.
Old Jul 27, 11, 10:50 am

The link shows 25k points but when i go to actual app page it shows 10k points.So does the 10k points also give same 75k points.I have SPG amex and student blue,amex one savings card so will be eligible for the offer.
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kstrait
So is it possible to apply for the Amex Plat Personal and get the 100k offer AND the Amex Gold Personal and get the 75k offer? Or do one of the cards need to be the business card?
I was able to do the bonuses for the Plat card and PR Gold card (both personal). I was able to bump my 50k platinum up to 100k and my 15k PR card to 75k! The platinum card was easier to bump than the PR card though. When I called and messaged about the PR card, I was shot down at first, but the phone rep made it sound like if I actually met the spending requirements on my offer that I could get the more lucrative offer (specifically she said "How can I add this offer to your card if you haven't even charged anything on it yet?"). Called today and mentioned offer code 5894 and after a 5 minute hold the rep came back saying that she was crediting my points! Thank you FT!
Old Jul 28, 11, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Edwardvan
This is another data point. I applied for bot personal cards, visa and Amex and got email approval --- two days later I got an email notification for each card saying the credit limit and that they were being shipped.
You probably have posted to the wrong thread.

Sounds like you refer to Citi AAdvantage Personal Cards which also have 75K bonus.

This thread is for American Express Membership Reward 75K points thread.

Two totally different banks and no relationship between American Express own cards and Citi issued American Express branded cards other than the latter use American Express process network. The connection ends there.
Old Jul 28, 11, 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by snuggliestbear
I was able to do the bonuses for the Plat card and PR Gold card (both personal). I was able to bump my 50k platinum up to 100k and my 15k PR card to 75k! The platinum card was easier to bump than the PR card though. When I called and messaged about the PR card, I was shot down at first, but the phone rep made it sound like if I actually met the spending requirements on my offer that I could get the more lucrative offer (specifically she said "How can I add this offer to your card if you haven't even charged anything on it yet?"). Called today and mentioned offer code 5894 and after a 5 minute hold the rep came back saying that she was crediting my points! Thank you FT!
Were you able to do this recently? What link did you use for the plat card? And just to confirm, you used promo code: 5748 to get the 100k on the plat card and promo code: 5985 to get the 75k on the gold card, correct? Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 11, 12:04 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Delta Skymiles, CapOne Venture, Citi ThankYou
I'm going to send a secure message (SM) to Membership Rewards (MR) later tonight in order to get an offshore agent response. Amex PR Gold applied 7-2 w/10k offer. New to MR. I'll request the bump to 75k.

My question...

I've seen some SM responses about goodwill adjustments. Do you think a goodwill adjustment is made by Amex without reference to a promotional code? IF it is an adjustment not associated with a promotional code would it lay the groundwork for requesting a sign up bonus on a later application? Would that make it preferable to NOT mention a promo code in the SM to Amex.

I know, a lot of Ifs but I was wondering. Am I correct that Amex typically limits sign up bonus' to one per product?
Old Jul 29, 11, 12:34 pm

Just applied for it and then immediately was asked to call customer service to verify my address.Checked with customer service and he said you already have the code in your acct and eligible for rewards.Should i resend it again via SM or just forget abt it.
Old Jul 29, 11, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Delta Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kstrait
Were you able to do this recently? What link did you use for the plat card? And just to confirm, you used promo code: 5748 to get the 100k on the plat card and promo code: 5985 to get the 75k on the gold card, correct? Thanks!
I don't remember which link I used for the platinum card - I signed up for it in March and got the extra points in May I think (I don't remember the promo code either - sorry!). For the PR Gold card I used promo code 5984.
Old Jul 30, 11, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by fallout
If you have another AMEX account (Costco card in my case), send an SM and tell them the account ending 5 digits and reference number you received in the instant approval email. That's what I did and worked for me.
This is the first deal on Flyertalk I'm thinking about going for, so bear with me, I'm new to all this (the terminology especially). I also have a Costco card, and have had for several years. My understanding was that this offer was open to new card members only?

So is the process just:
1) apply for gold premier rewards card (personal) with the 10k bonus
2) Wait for approval/instant approval
3) With approval in hand, call up customer service or send an email asking for the 'bump' to bonus code 5985

If this is the case I"ll just go ahead and apply today... heck, I haven't applied for a credit card in 3 or 4 years!
Old Jul 31, 11, 10:13 am

This is the message i got from AMEX
Dear XXXXXXX,

I have checked your account and see that you were solicited to receive to receive 25,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after spending $1,000.00 within the first 3 months of Cardmembership (offer id 4851).

The points should appear on your statement within 8 to 12 weeks.

I understand that you would like to add offer id 5985 to your account.

According to this offer, you can earn upto 75,000 Membership Rewards bonus points after spending $1,000.00 in the first three months of Cardmembership.

Points are issued 6-8 weeks after the spending requirement is met for the bonus points to be credited

Therefore, I have linked this offer on your Card account. Please remember that two offers cannot be linked on one Card. You can earn maximum of 75,000 bonus points.

I would request you to write to us after you have met the spending of $1,000.00 on your account and we will issue additional 50,000 points for the difference (75,000 - 25,000).

Additionally, you will surely receive 25,000 points associated with the original promotion offer that is linked to your Card account after you make the first purchase.

As per the promotional offer, the 25,000 points associated with this offer will be credited to your account within 8-12 weeks from the date you make the first purchase.

If you do not receive these points within the timeframe, please reply to this email and we will issue the points manually.
Old Jul 31, 11, 11:27 am

Is there an offer out there for the regular gold card?

Thanks

Search this Thread