Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by aneedle
They accommodated me with the 75k bonus. I did it via Secure message. The CSR did make a point to tell me that I was not offered this but would be willing to help me out. Clearly she did it based on my good looks.
When did you apply for the card? did you use bonus id 5895?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 2:42 pm

no working 50K Amex bonus

I cannot find any 50K amex bonus offer. I think I see 25K based on this thread. Are we missing something? I would be happy to maintain the first post if we can get updates from time to time.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by learningtime
I cannot find any 50K amex bonus offer. I think I see 25K based on this thread. Are we missing something? I would be happy to maintain the first post if we can get updates from time to time.
There is NONE open to Public. Only various Targeted Offers that some offer codes are used successfully to bump up a low offer. The 25K offer actually already expired and currently only a 10K offer open to Public.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:18 pm

Has anyone been told by amex that you need to wait 6-8 weeks after hitting the spending threshold, call csr, and then expect your points to be posted?

I got both the personal PR Gold and the Business Gold at the end of June, got csr to note the appropriate bonus ids and offers on my account, but when I called after hitting the spend, they told me I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks, then call back, and then I'd get the points. It seems like most people here have gotten their points automatically after hitting the spend.

Anyone else been told to wait 6-8 weeks? Any told this call back for other reps and been able to get the points expedited?

Trying to get mine before the BA match expires... Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by danglazer
Has anyone been told by amex that you need to wait 6-8 weeks after hitting the spending threshold, call csr, and then expect your points to be posted?

I got both the personal PR Gold and the Business Gold at the end of June, got csr to note the appropriate bonus ids and offers on my account, but when I called after hitting the spend, they told me I'd have to wait 6-8 weeks, then call back, and then I'd get the points. It seems like most people here have gotten their points automatically after hitting the spend.

Anyone else been told to wait 6-8 weeks? Any told this call back for other reps and been able to get the points expedited?

Trying to get mine before the BA match expires... Thanks!
I just bumped the bonus on my wife's PR card. When activating, I had her request the better offer. They said yes and told her the points would post 6-8 weeks aver the $500 spend was completed. She spent just over $1000 the first month. I had her call today when her first statement showed up and ask for the points to be expedited and it took one phone call and about three minutes and they pushed through 76xxx points. You definitely do not need to wait 6-8 weeks as I just went through this today.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 6:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by danglazer
Almost everyone was told to wait this long but in reality most everyone got their points much earlier - not automatically though, require SMs or phone calls to get it done. Some are lucky enough only one SM / phone call would take care of it, some are not so lucky and have to follow up on it several times.

Bottom line is, there is no consistence on how the reps handle it but persistence pays off for those who keep on it.

Last edited by Happy; Jul 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm
Old Jul 18, 2011, 11:46 pm

If you apply for both the PR gold personal and Gold business card on the same day does this count as 2 hard pulls or just 1?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 4:56 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by Happy
Almost everyone was told to wait this long but in reality most everyone got their points much earlier - not automatically though, require SMs or phone calls to get it done. Some are lucky enough only one SM / phone call would take care of it, some are not so lucky and have to follow up on it several times.

Bottom line is, there is no consistence on how the reps handle it but persistence pays off for those who keep on it.
Yeah, I was told 6-8 weeks via SM.
Then I hit the spend and sent a SM before the statement even posted to expedite the 75k points to transfer to BA, and voila! Too easy.
3 phone calls did not work, but 1 SM did. YMMV.

Can we start a new abbreviated phrase "DGU" - Don't Give Up. I think people should say, YMMV DGU.
Old Jul 19, 2011, 5:52 am

Programs: United 1K, HH Diamond, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by Happy
There is NONE open to Public. Only various Targeted Offers that some offer codes are used successfully to bump up a low offer. The 25K offer actually already expired and currently only a 10K offer open to Public.
actually, not quite true, there is a loophole with a 25k targeted offer for TOPFLYER members... although its officially expired, there is a trick (using invisible browser settings) to get the active AMEX URL to pull up and show the 25k promotion live online.... you'll just need to save the screenshot for after you apply to make sure you get the points.

again, you MUST MUST MUST use invisible/incognito private browsing settings (e.g. works on Chrome Incognito mode) to get it to pull up...
http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141
Old Jul 19, 2011, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by epiding
actually, not quite true, there is a loophole with a 25k targeted offer for TOPFLYER members... although its officially expired, there is a trick (using invisible browser settings) to get the active AMEX URL to pull up and show the 25k promotion live online.... you'll just need to save the screenshot for after you apply to make sure you get the points.

again, you MUST MUST MUST use invisible/incognito private browsing settings (e.g. works on Chrome Incognito mode) to get it to pull up...
http://www201.americanexpress.com/ge...op-Flyer/40141
Hmmm, first, thank you. What is this invisible browser setting? I use IE and Firefox. I could use Safari on DH's Ipad. How do I set this up?
Old Jul 19, 2011, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by learningtime
Hmmm, first, thank you. What is this invisible browser setting? I use IE and Firefox. I could use Safari on DH's Ipad. How do I set this up?
I believe it is in the Privacy tab to browse in private. (you dont want to be tracked).

Last edited by Happy; Jul 19, 2011 at 9:21 am
Old Jul 20, 2011, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Yeah, I was told 6-8 weeks via SM.
Then I hit the spend and sent a SM before the statement even posted to expedite the 75k points to transfer to BA, and voila! Too easy.
3 phone calls did not work, but 1 SM did. YMMV.

Can we start a new abbreviated phrase "DGU" - Don't Give Up. I think people should say, YMMV DGU.

Thanks for the reply. What did you say in your SM?
Old Jul 20, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex MR
Originally Posted by allanfan
When did you apply for the card? did you use bonus id 5895?
I applied for the card at the beginning of July. I used promo 6499.

This is the letter I sent-

"I just received and activated my new American Express Business Gold Rewards Card. I had initially applied through the American Express website not knowing that about bonus programs that others had been getting. My colleague brought this to my attention and informed me about a bonus with the ID of 6499. I was hoping that I would afforded the opportunity to also participate in this bonus program.
Warmest Regards,"
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:01 am

I'm having trouble getting them to expedite my points. I did a secure message and received a message saying it was impossible for them to expedite points. Should I try the Membership Rewards number? I wanted to get the points to transfer to BA before the month is over. :\
Old Jul 20, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, OW Emerald, HH Diamond
Applied for and denied Citi Amex AA. Already applied for and received bonuses from Citi AA Visa Personal and Business.

Reason given was: "This specific offer is valid only for first-time Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) cardmembers.? Our records indicate that you already have a Citi(R) / AAdvantage(R) account with us."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.