Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2011, 1:47 pm

Smile

I hit the $1,000 spend requirement so I followed up with a SM like Amex instructed me to do back when they added offer 5894 to my account. I just received the extremely cheerful reply below!

Dear XXXX,

Yes, do not worry and I will take care of your request right away!

I see that we have already issued 15,000 bonus points to your account. I have issued the balance 60,000 bonus points to your account. Now your account shows a total of 75,000 points pending. These pending points should post to your account within 7-10 days of your upcoming statement closing date.

If you need the points sooner, you can have them accelerated. Simply contact us once the payment for the latest statement has posted to your account. We will do the needful to make the pending points available to you.

I hope my quick actions resolve your inquiry and leave a smile on your face. I thank you for your valuable time to email us and giving me the opportunity to serve you today.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXX
Email Servicing Team
American Express Interactive Services
Old Jul 14, 2011, 7:34 pm

Hmmm, something seems to be off. I originally applied under the 15K offer and received via SM the confirmation that 6-8 weeks after my $1K spend, they would manually award an extra 60K.

My first statement closed a few days ago with well over the $1K spend. I only have spend points pending? I haven't messaged again yet, but shouldn't I at least have the 15K pending in addition to the spend points?
Old Jul 15, 2011, 7:39 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
I applied for Amex Gold Biz last week, promo 25k MR after spending $50k

Got the card, send a SM and I got

1st SM (Program Info and Definitions)

Response (XXX) 07/14/2011 Yesterday
Dear ME

Regrettably, if you were not also solicited for the 100,000 point bonus we cannot process the additional bonus points to your account for you.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you, but because many of our offers are targeted to specific types of Cardmembers, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely,

XXX
Email Servicing Team
2nd SM (Points Balance)

Response (YYY) 07/15/2011 Today
Dear ME,

I am an Account Manager in the Email Servicing Department and can appreciate your interest in the offer associated with the Business Gold Rewards Card.

Regrettably we are unable to extend the offer to you as this offer is only for solicited non-Cardmembers. Please understand that not all offers can be honored for all Cardholders as they may have applicable terms and conditions that do not apply as such.

I understand that this may be disappointing to you; however, you can expect to see various promotions throughout the year for which you may be eligible. Our intent is to provide offers that will appeal to various interests and different types of people.

We appreciate your understanding and look forward to assisting you in the future.

Sincerely,

YYY
Account Manager Email Servicing Team - Fort Lauderdale
Old Jul 15, 2011, 9:14 am

I applied for the Premier Rewards Gold card with 10K bonus on 4/29. After I got the card, I sent secure messages four times, call them three times asking for the 75K bonus (Bonus ID: 5894), and all got shot down. I also asked for the 50K bonus targeting to business school student and got a firmly no. So I gave up. I thought they probably knew I am a not a big spender. My only other Amex card is the Costco Trueearnings card with only $2000 limit.

In late June after I hit $1000 spend on the gold card, I gave another try and sent a secure message but asking for only the 25K offer this time. Surprisingly, they approved and added 25K points to my account.

Yesterday, I got greedy and sent a message asking again for the 75K bonus with another Bonus ID: 5985. Today I got the reply saying another 50K have been added to my account, and they appreciated my membership since 2005. I am happy now.

So I'd say, don't give up if you got shot down initially, and keep trying after you spend $500 or $1000 on the card.
Old Jul 15, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: AA PLT 1MM
Has anyone signed up to the Business Gold Rewards?

It says you have to spend 50K to get 25k points, is there another link to get better then this?
Old Jul 16, 2011, 4:09 am

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Time to move on

Originally Posted by fedechat
I applied for Amex Gold Biz last week, promo 25k MR after spending $50k

Got the card, send a SM and I got

1st SM (Program Info and Definitions)

2nd SM (Points Balance)

Well all I can say is that I was turned down on an Amex promotion.

Then turned down on a second Aemx promotion that was targeted to people
who got the first Amex DL 50% bonus plus 25K EQMS that gave me silver status , which I was given retroactively for the fast track UPG TO GOLD with one TATL. flight , and finally turned down by Fido for the Amex existing customers promotion.

I have Amex as my only card for 40 + years and even after speaking to the executive offices got a NO ANWER.

Thanks to FT I have learned about other CC deals and have 2 Citi cards that I will use to my advantage and keep looking for better deals.

FIDO turned me down on the AMEX. DEAL because I took advantage of the DL deal . I will seriously look at the TD deals and consider closing out my account with them .

These large corporations should reward customer loyalty as far as I am concerned especially AMEX for whom all my requests were reasonable , and who could have granted me one out of the 3 requests out of customer loyalty.

Now my goal will be to use them exclusively to my advantage with no loyalty concerns on my behalf. Now I will churn my Amex card which I never considered doing before . BAD way to represent a brand AFAIAK

As a retired business man , I think that what AMEX
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:01 am

is there a link where you can sign up that you want to receive targeted offers?
Right now I only have a starwood amex. i called about the above offer and I was asked if I had a POID #? I gave them the code 5895, but they wouldn;t let me apply
Old Jul 16, 2011, 10:13 am

After my 4th try via SM I finally was successful getting my points increased to 75,000. In summary, it is was a lot of headache to get them and there were a few times I started to doubt whether I would get more than the initial 10,000 and was wishing I had passed on this offer altogether. But now that I am getting the full 75,000 it feels worth the effort.

This is the reply to my 4th SM (sent to Program Info and Definitions around 6PM on Friday)
Dear XXX,
I understand that you were offered 10,000 Membership Rewards bonus points for your first purchase. I sincerely apologize that due to some technical error this offer was not linked to your Card account.
I understand that we were also offering "75,000 Membership Rewards bonus points if Cardmembers spend $500 within the first three months of Cardmembership."
I would like to assure you that we will honor you this new promotional offer.
I also see that you have already met the $500.00 spending on your Card account.
Therefore, I have gone ahead and issued 75,000 points to your account.
Now you have 0 available points and 75,000 pending points.
Additionally, I have checked your account and see that your enrollment date in Membership Rewards feature was 06/22/2011.
Since you were recently enrolled in the program, you may notice a slight delay before seeing accrued points applied to your Membership Rewards account. Please allow one to two billing periods for these points to appear.
However, if you need to use the points that still show as pending online and your payment has been received and credited to your account, the Membership Rewards program will honor them. Simply email us and we will make these points available to you.
I hope I have met your expectations with this email.
We value the relationship built with you and we look forward to provide you excellent customer service that you truly deserve.
Have a great day ahead!
Sincerely,
XXX
Email Servicing Team
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:16 am

I just received my card yesterday and called the customer service. after they transferred me to the reward center, I requested to add the Bonus ID: 5985 to my card (thanks to jclin for that info!) And the rep didn't ask much and just added it! I love AMEX!!!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 5:06 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by yh2288
I just received my card yesterday and called the customer service. after they transferred me to the reward center, I requested to add the Bonus ID: 5985 to my card (thanks to jclin for that info!) And the rep didn't ask much and just added it! I love AMEX!!!
How long did they take from the application being sent until the card arriving? I sent IRS paperwork 4 days ago and still no confirmation or refusal.

I hope I get it before they stop applying the ID!!
Old Jul 16, 2011, 6:56 pm

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by bernyx
is there a link where you can sign up that you want to receive targeted offers?
Right now I only have a starwood amex. i called about the above offer and I was asked if I had a POID #? I gave them the code 5895, but they wouldn;t let me apply
I too wonder if there are any Amex MR cards out there to sign up for worth it? It seems all the good ones are targeted and I never get any.
Old Jul 16, 2011, 11:47 pm

I was declined on the basis that 5894 expired end of June. Just sent again with 5985. Will let you know the result.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:13 pm

Got shot down with 5894. Was told code expired 6/30. Anyone has a working code for 75k? Howzabout 5895? Does it work if application was in July?
Old Jul 18, 2011, 8:59 am

Is this still working at all? Some sites reporting amex matching is/will be dead. Wondering if it's worth it to try this one at this point.
Old Jul 18, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Amex MR
They accommodated me with the 75k bonus. I did it via Secure message. The CSR did make a point to tell me that I was not offered this but would be willing to help me out. Clearly she did it based on my good looks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.