Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2011, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by lyst
I also tried twice within a few days emailing and got same person { what are chances of that!!}
I hate when that happens. Always seems to happen to me.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Here's another data point:

I sent a secure message asking for offer id 5985 (the more recent 75K offer) to be applied to my account. I was turned down, with a message specifically stating that 5894 was not available to me.

Therefore, my conclusion is that the CSR's might only be aware of one of these offers (5894) and seem to be assuming all 75K inquiries are linked to this specific code. I've sent a reply and I'm hoping they'll be able to rectify this and give me the bonus with the newer code. I'll keep you guys posted.

***UPDATE 6/8/2011***
They sent me the exact same denial message but replaced the offer ID. It seems like people have had more success calling in, so I shall do that next.

Last edited by lrluis; Jun 8, 2011 at 11:54 am
Old Jun 7, 2011, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Finally some success after calling in. Hope they made the right notes and hope it stays visible to the agent executing the promise.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Finally some success after calling in. Hope they made the right notes and hope it stays visible to the agent executing the promise.
UA Fan, I'm on the same boat. I've also had success calling in and getting notes made, but with no written documentation on hand... it still feels unsecure.

Here's a data point that may give us some relief: Yesterday, I called into MR to "confirm" that the proper offer code was applied to my Plat card. I was lucky enough to get a smart and friendly CSR so after I finished with the Plat, I asked if she could look up my PRGold card and verify which bonus code was applied to it (which was noted to my account on a previous call). After looking through the account notes, she was able to find that offer code #5894 was noted on the account referencing the 75k / $500 terms.

So, it does appear that these "notes" that are being made over the phone do in fact get recorded and are effective. ^
Old Jun 8, 2011, 1:44 am

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
just made a purchase to put me over the 600$ mark..shall i wait til I pay or call/msg them regarding the miles now? did the 75k 500$/3months
Old Jun 8, 2011, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by bitachu
just made a purchase to put me over the 600$ mark..shall i wait til I pay or call/msg them regarding the miles now? did the 75k 500$/3months
I would call. But they will only be able to reserve the points as "Pending"... until they receive your payment. Regardless, it can only help you not hurt you.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 8:58 am

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
BLUE card

Is the BLUE card considered a "charge" card?
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:49 am

So I applied for the card through the Columbia link and received my card and spent the $500 and got my statement and paid it. Afterwards I sent a message through the Secure Message Center saying that I wanted to "confirm what my signup bonus was". The reply was that it was for 50,000 miles which they promptly put in my account. I replied saying that I saw that there was a 75,000 mile offer after I applied for my card and would I be eligible for that; I got a reply saying that I was, and another 25,000 miles was put in my account. I did not ask about the fee waiver.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 11:49 am

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
Originally Posted by 1k650
Is the BLUE card considered a "charge" card?
No. According to, http://www.creditcards.com/American-Express.php , the three charge cards are:
  1. American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
  2. The Platinum Card® from American Express
  3. American Express® Gold Card
Old Jun 8, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL, AA, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, IHG Platinum, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by lrluis
No. According to, http://www.creditcards.com/American-Express.php , the three charge cards are:
  1. American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card
  2. The Platinum Card® from American Express
  3. American Express® Gold Card

The AMEX Green Card and ZYNC card are also charge cards, in that you have to pay in full each month.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 5:37 pm
Suspended

is it too late?

I need the miles/points so thinking of applying for this card but as it seems harder to get the full bonus. So, just wonder if its too late to get in on the Amex 75k deal.

If deal is still on then what's the best link to use for the application. Thanks
Old Jun 8, 2011, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Yes!! Worked for hubby tonight also, with a call! Hope they post.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Offer now for business card

Two offers for the 75K business card reached my office mail box this week. Terms:

Spend $ 2500 by Oct 11 and first year fee waived to get 75K MR points.

Have been reluctant to sign up for same 50K offer and holding my breath.
Wait sure paid off!
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:00 am

Why not both?

Originally Posted by cesco.g
Two offers for the 75K business card reached my office mail box this week. Terms:

Spend $ 2500 by Oct 11 and first year fee waived to get 75K MR points.

Have been reluctant to sign up for same 50K offer and holding my breath.
Wait sure paid off!
Those offers are for the Business card... the card of topic is a Personal card.
Old Jun 9, 2011, 1:11 pm

Programs: HA, DL, UA, PC Gold, A/club Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Pl
Yipee

So I think I got my 75k

In general....

I signed up for card about 5/23(offer was standard 10k)

Got the card around 5/28 Activitated made first purchase.

Called in membership rewards around 5/30(must have been about 3pm eastern). Asked to about the 5894 offer. Got them to note it to the account(75k after 500$ spending in 3 months)

6/7 went over the $550 mark in spending

Secure messaged on 6/8. I believe to membership rewards-travel

this is what I wrote.
I just recently made a travel purchase and got my balance over the $500 min mark to obtain my 75k membership rewards that I was promised(code: 5894). I previously spoke with a membership rewards representative over the phone and she assured me I would receive my points as soon as I meet my minimum spending requirements within 3 months. Is there anyway I receive my membership rewards points sooner. I hope to redeem for some upcoming travel expenses.
Thank you

This is the reply I got today.

I will be happy to assist you with your inquiry today.

A review of your account shows that you were solicited for 10,000 bonus points when you obtained your Premier Rewards Gold Card. With this offer you received 10,000 bonus points after your first purchase. These bonus points were issued to your account on 06/01/2011 and will appear on an upcoming statement.

As a courtesy, I have honored your request for the better offer under bonus ID 5894 and issued an additional 65,000 points to your account today. These points can also be seen on an upcoming statement.

I hope that I have provided excellent service and handled your inquiry to your satisfaction. As a valued customer since 2010, we thank you for your continued loyalty and look forward to serving you in the future.

Have a nice weekend!

Reviewing my acct summary-points summary--statement details. I don't see anything pending(although previously the 10k was pending there) all it says is

There are no transactions of this type for the selected period

still i'm assuming(sorry brand new to membership rewards) it isn't going to apply until I pay or until the statement comes to me. Either way I think i'm getting my points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.