Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

[Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup

Old May 5, 2011, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by RedRiver
If you already have AMEX cards, you can send it through your online account. If you don't, you'll have to wait.
Did you just send a message and list one of your other cards in the subject? My Gold card hasn't shown up on the AMEX site yet.
Old May 5, 2011, 8:29 pm

I only have Blue Cash with Amex so far (Gold card hasn't appeared online yet). Is it ok to select this blue card when sending the secure message or should I wait for the card?

Thanks!
Old May 5, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Received this offer in the mail today for $500 spend within first three months. This offer is good until May 20, at least for me. It contains a unique RSVP code, but the bonus offer number is 5894.
hey, im curious to know, for anyone who got this exact targeted promo in the mail....what is your approximate credit score? im curious to know more on the types they are targeting.
Old May 5, 2011, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by mrx900
was it a South Asian representative or someone from the North American service center?? That seems to make a difference I noticed...
I can't be certain. I can say that it was not an Asian name.
Old May 5, 2011, 9:49 pm

Is there an active 25k link? The one on page 6 takes me to a 10k offer when I click apply now.
Old May 5, 2011, 10:48 pm

My response was different. I emailed them last night after receiving the premier gold card on Tuesday. I didn't hear back until 4 today, saying they would need to research it. I applied under the 25000 points. I will update when I hear.
UPDATE----
Success for me! They will give me the extra 50000 when I spend the 1000.
Old May 6, 2011, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by sandipagr
I only have Blue Cash with Amex so far (Gold card hasn't appeared online yet). Is it ok to select this blue card when sending the secure message or should I wait for the card?

Thanks!
Have you got your gold card yet? If yes, you can manually add to your account.
But if you are not, just email them with your blue cash card, but put your application reference number in the email and explain in the email that you have not got the card, but just see this ID bonus promotion and want to get it.

I did the same and got it.
Old May 6, 2011, 7:31 am

Another positive data point. I applied last week from the link in post 168ish. Cleared the cookies but after the original offer screen of 25k it sent me to a 10k only bonus. Not really sure which one I ended up getting in the end. But I waited till I recieved the card since I don't have a login with AMEX, and then I sent a secure message and got the response most have gotten.

"You must spend $500 in eligible charges within the first three months of Card membership to qualify for 75,000 Membership Rewards bonus points. Bonus points normally are awarded 6-8 weeks after you reach the spend threshold.

At that time contact us again and we will gladly adjust your account accordingly"

So what is it they will post in 6-8 weeks or I need to contact them. Plan on contacting them after I hit the $500 though.

I think this is my last cc app for a while between the wife and I am having a hard time keeping up with all the credit cards.

4 AA
2 capital one
2 United
1 continental
and now an AMEX
Old May 6, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: AA, United, BA, Delta, MR, SPG, PC
One more +ve data point.

Good Morning AsanteSana,

I understand your concern regarding your bonus points and I will be glad to assist you today.

Please know that I have made an exception and issued 50,000 bonus points to your account on 5/6/2011, which is the difference between your promotion and the better offer. You have XX,XXX available points.

AsanteSana, I hope that this information is helpful and that I have provided excellent customer service to you. Thank you for being a valued Cardmember and for choosing the American Express Card since 2001. Have a great weekend!
Sincerely, Helpful Agent Email Servicing Team American Express Interactive Services

The agent, I believe, is from the North American Service Center
Old May 6, 2011, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by coco11
Anyone know how long it will take to transfer to Delta account? I was told my account statement end 5/16 and should I have enough time to get the points appear on my account to tranfer to Delta?
At least with BA and CO its instant and IIRC with DL also.
Old May 6, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA, CO, Delta
Originally Posted by UA Fan
What is IIRC?
Old May 6, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Sutherlands Lumber
Originally Posted by appl3
What is IIRC?
IIRC
Old May 6, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Correct - basically instant update to your DL account. I did this back in March and the 75K miles + 25K MQMs posted in however long it took me to log out of my Amex account and log into my DL one. My Medallion status updated on the DL site overnight.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by sandipagr

Thanks!
Wait till you get the card so you will have the account number if you need to add that manually.
Old May 6, 2011, 12:06 pm

Programs: AA, BA, delta
I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger on this one. I feel like I'm the kind of person who never gets the benefit from the company when 90% of people are posting that it worked for them (for example, I repeatedly got rejected from Citi business cards in my name as a sole proprietorship based on lack of actual business despite a score ~760). I tried calling amex to see if they could guarantee the 75k before I applied, but they couldn't help.

Anyone have any advice?

Last edited by ohnodapopo; May 6, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.