Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2011, 3:40 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by diclemeg
in the kind words of Steve Martin... "welll....EXXXXCCCCUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSE......MEEEEEEEE EEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!"
sorry red river, i must have missed his initial post FIFTY pages ago.
Really?

No, wait... REALLY?

He said that in the post you quoted!
Old May 3, 2011, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by richinaz
This application certainly has been the most time consuming of any I've done. I've never had issues in the past and have yet to been declined for any kind of card.
I agree!!! But 200,000 miles for my husband and I and we're plodding along.
I'm hoping to use it too for a trip in mid-May but was told it may take 30 days because they need to associate the card to the BA account. Surely that can't take 30 days? But anyway I'm at their mercy and drumming my fingers as I wait.
Old May 3, 2011, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
I didn't get in on this promo, but the 50k one and got denied (by 2 days!!) to be upgraded to 100k. Anyway, i've been waiting for my 2nd 25k to post, but I think I just realized why. I've spent $2523 on the card, but $75 of that was the annual fee. Does the annual fee not count towards the spending requirement??
Old May 3, 2011, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by glocklt4
I didn't get in on this promo, but the 50k one and got denied (by 2 days!!) to be upgraded to 100k. Anyway, i've been waiting for my 2nd 25k to post, but I think I just realized why. I've spent $2523 on the card, but $75 of that was the annual fee. Does the annual fee not count towards the spending requirement??
You can probably go back to Chase (as others have reported), & request the additional bonus miles, since it appeared within 60-90 days of your application!
Old May 3, 2011, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
You can probably go back to Chase (as others have reported), & request the additional bonus miles, since it appeared within 60-90 days of your application!
I already did. Twice. Refused and got letter that it must be within 60 days. I was 62 . they gave me 25k bonus as a good faith gesture though, so i guess thats better than nothing. The 25k bonus hasn't shown up yet though, and I would guess anyone else getting the same is VERY YMMV...
Old May 3, 2011, 4:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I already did. Twice. Refused and got letter that it must be within 60 days. I was 62 . they gave me 25k bonus as a good faith gesture though, so i guess thats better than nothing. The 25k bonus hasn't shown up yet though, and I would guess anyone else getting the same is VERY YMMV...
Well, at least they offered you something -- as you pointed out! As for whether the annual fee counts towards the spend -- maybe not, but you may need to wait until the end of the billing period to find out!
Old May 3, 2011, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA Mileage-Plus, AA Advantage, DL SkyMiles,
Anyone have their promotional miles post? Just had my first statement closed and received the mi / $ for the purchases I made; but no promo miles just yet.
Old May 3, 2011, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by mnmag
Well, at least they offered you something -- as you pointed out! As for whether the annual fee counts towards the spend -- maybe not, but you may need to wait until the end of the billing period to find out!
I got my statement pushing me to the $2523 on 4/19... Last transaction was 4/17 and posted 4/18. Guess I can call them back.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:18 pm

Just activated card and ready to spend $2,500. I was told by Chase rep that 90 day will start counting from the day I was approved for the card which was 4/18. I told her I just got the card today and it's already been 2 weeks but she said she cannot change the starting date........I also asked if $95 annual fee counts toward $2,500 spending requirement. She said NO.
Old May 3, 2011, 6:59 pm

I want to apply for this offer and the two AA offers. If I do them all on one day, will they never see each other?
Old May 3, 2011, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA, SPG
I decided to apply before the promo ended. My app is going to review (recently applied for a mortgage so I am sure that inquiry is to recent). If they approve me in a week I hope I still get the bonus since I applied tonight.
Old May 3, 2011, 9:10 pm

Does anyone know for the household account if it's easy to get relatives at other addresses to sign up for this card and then do the household account verification just with your address? My wife and I just set this up and it just asked her to enter our address. Anything to keep you from doing this with relatives??
My experience has been that the addresses on the BAEC accounts must match, not Chase.
Old May 3, 2011, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by Izushisobaman
........I also asked if $95 annual fee counts toward $2,500 spending requirement. She said NO.
Good to know. Guess i have a few more bucks to put on my BA card then!
Old May 3, 2011, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by Schutzee
My experience has been that the addresses on the BAEC accounts must match, not Chase.
Thanks - I think that we will try this with my gma.
Old May 3, 2011, 10:19 pm

For those of you who have received your 50k + 50k bonuses, how long has it usually taken between making the first purchase (or first topping $2500) and getting the miles in your BA account? Do they normally pay out at the end of the statement period, or is there an additional lag time? Just curious. Sorry if this has already been answered; I couldn't find the answer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.