[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:19 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
pro-rate the annual fee cancelation ????

Here is a related question I hope someone can knowledgeably answer....
My wife has this BA Chase Visa card with the 100K promotion in 2010, and in this past January 2011 she paid the $75 annual fee. If she were to cancel the card today, is Chase obligated to have to pro-rate the $75 and give her back, say approx $50 ? Or is the $75 completely unrecoverable? I ask because she got alot of the new AA and CO deals and doesn't need the card.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum, Marriott Silver, Hilton Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by drsmithy
Applied last Tuesday, was not approved immediately, but when I rang the phone number on Thursday (? I think it was) it told me I was, with a $17.5k limit.

I'm actually kind of surprised, since I've only been in the country 18 months and they apparently pulled my Experian score which was the lowest (~640). OTOH, I have a pretty good income and haven't had so much as a late library book while we've been here. Citi did knock me back for an AAdvantage Mastercard I applied for on the same day, however.

Card arrived today (28th). Between a new bike (been putting it off since I applied) and a few other bits & pieces I should have my $2,500 spent by Sunday. Be interesting to see how long it takes the points to show up.
Applied online and received instant approval today. Will now wait and see how long it takes to receive the card. 100,000 miles here we come!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: United Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by swat16
Call Chase and ask to have your statement closing date changed to someday next week. That way you should get the 50K within a couple days of the statement closing date provided your first purchase has posted.
Great call, later this afternoon I'll call up Chase and get the date changed
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL,CO,SWA
OK, I just applied. Had it autofill from my online Chase account (I have the checking from the CO deal and cards from CO, UA). Approved instantly. Now, my only concern is I don't have a BA account, so I am assuming I will be assigned one? Or was i stupid in not setting one up.

Now the decision to sign up my wife.... I'll do that later. If they both go through I'll be up to close to 700,000 mile thanks to flyertalk
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:31 pm

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
So now we have three answers for when the clock starts for the three-month period -- upon application, upon approval and upon activation. That's pretty funny, actually.
My agent who seemed quite certain of the "real" answer said it was at the closing of the 3rd billing statement.....

I am going with 90 days from application just to be safe.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:33 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by dcv2002
Now, my only concern is I don't have a BA account, so I am assuming I will be assigned one? Or was i stupid in not setting one up.
Click the application link in the first post and read the application around the part where it mentions BA Executive Club accounts.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by diclemeg
Here is a related question I hope someone can knowledgeably answer....
My wife has this BA Chase Visa card with the 100K promotion in 2010, and in this past January 2011 she paid the $75 annual fee. If she were to cancel the card today, is Chase obligated to have to pro-rate the $75 and give her back, say approx $50 ? Or is the $75 completely unrecoverable? I ask because she got alot of the new AA and CO deals and doesn't need the card.
No such thing is pro-rating annual fee. You used the card once and you get charged the whole year. You can't exactly use it once to get the 100K bonus and then cancel after a week and expect to pay 1/52 of the annual fee.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by flyingstudent
No such thing is pro-rating annual fee. You used the card once and you get charged the whole year. You can't exactly use it once to get the 100K bonus and then cancel after a week and expect to pay 1/52 of the annual fee.
Why not? There are many other benefits for which you're presumably paying the $95 annual fee. Amex will prorate the $450 annual fee on the Platinum card, which comes with a 50,000 MR sign-up bonus and many other benefits far more valuable to a frequent traveler than a Signature Visa.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:48 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
Why not? There are many other benefits for which you're presumably paying the $95 annual fee. Amex will prorate the $450 annual fee on the Platinum card, which comes with a 50,000 MR sign-up bonus and many other benefits far more valuable to a frequent traveler than a Signature Visa.
I asked Chase before and they wouldn't budge. If someone else has success, please post.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:53 pm

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
Originally Posted by flyingstudent
I asked Chase before and they wouldn't budge. If someone else has success, please post.
I agree. There isn't pro-rated annual fee. You pay that and you get to use the card for the year or you don't pay and don't use the card. It's sort of like all or none concept.

The only exception would be within certain number of days of paying annual fee, you can still cancel it. I believe it's usually 30 days but not sure.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:58 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by dcv2002
OK, I just applied. Had it autofill from my online Chase account (I have the checking from the CO deal and cards from CO, UA). Approved instantly. Now, my only concern is I don't have a BA account, so I am assuming I will be assigned one? Or was i stupid in not setting one up.

Now the decision to sign up my wife.... I'll do that later. If they both go through I'll be up to close to 700,000 mile thanks to flyertalk
Just an FYI... 700,000 miles where? The BA miles are not combinable with AA and the BA miles are only good for Milesaver awards. Not Anytime awards. Things I have found out since jumping on this bandwagon.
However, you can combine your wife's miles and yours for one big award but in order to do that you have to set up what they call a household account.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: DL gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
quick question

I have a quick question regarding the usage of miles. My wife and I both got the CC and we live in PDX. I know AS partners with both BA and CX. If we went from PDX to Bali and we connected in LAX or SFO on AS but the flight was code-shared as a CX flight would that still count as one partner airline?
Old Apr 29, 2011, 1:32 pm

Programs: Some.
Originally Posted by pkerr
Just an FYI... 700,000 miles where? The BA miles are not combinable with AA and the BA miles are only good for Milesaver awards. Not Anytime awards. Things I have found out since jumping on this bandwagon.
However, you can combine your wife's miles and yours for one big award but in order to do that you have to set up what they call a household account.
Uhhh... I think he meant 700,000 TOTAL miles through all of the different cards he applied for, not just AA miles. In fact, he didn't even mention AA miles in his post...
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by portland67
I have a quick question regarding the usage of miles. My wife and I both got the CC and we live in PDX. I know AS partners with both BA and CX. If we went from PDX to Bali and we connected in LAX or SFO on AS but the flight was code-shared as a CX flight would that still count as one partner airline?
Award flights are booked under operating carrier. CX does not have award inventory on a code-shared flight operated by AS. In your case, it's 2 partners so look under the other table.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 3:58 pm

I applied about one week ago. I was not instantly approved. I called the 1888-245-0625 number and looks like my application was approved yesterday!! Sweet!! Thanks again. This is my 6th card in the past 6 months lol!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.