Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:06 am

Programs: AA LT PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Smidget
I'm pretty new to the FT game, nevermind signing up for credit cards. I did do the last awesome AA credit card round up and ended up with 2 personals and 1 business and 2 personals for my wife. Thinking of applying for this one...

So if we both get cards for 100K miles, just look at the AA partner award chart ( http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/a...rtnerChart.jsp ) and we can use their miles on AA flights with no issues by calling up someone?

In essence we get 100K "AA" miles that don't count towards lifetime or anything, but can be used as if they are "AA" nonetheless for domestic or international travel for the price of $75 + $2,500 spend in 3 months...

Thanks for the help!
I think you are looking at the wrong chart. That chart is to use AA miles for travel on other Oneworld airlines. If you are using BA miles you need to look at their chart as mileage requirements are likely different.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...e/public/en_us
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by broadwayblue
I think you are looking at the wrong chart. That chart is to use AA miles for travel on other Oneworld airlines. If you are using BA miles you need to look at their chart as mileage requirements are likely different.

Thank you. That makes complete sense. Is the rest of my post correct or am I off-base completely on how to make use of the miles?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:22 am

Can you mint miles with this card? I've heard about some concerns w/ Chase-branded cards.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:22 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by broadwayblue

BA has 4 award charts: BA only, BA + 1 partner, 1 Oneworld Partner, Multiple Oneworld partners. I list them and a bunch of other tips on using BA miles in this blog post (which also shows how to use britishairways.com to look up partner awards).
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
BA has 4 award charts: BA only, BA + 1 partner, 1 Oneworld Partner, Multiple Oneworld partners. I list them and a bunch of other tips on using BA miles in this blog post (which also shows how to use britishairways.com to look up partner awards).
The new AA fuel surcharge to Europe and Asia has seriously devalued BA miles. No longer is AA the best single partner for BA for international trips (unless you are going south of the border, in which case LAN is a good option too). I think CX & JAL (for asia) are now cheaper than even AA as far as fees go. It's a shame if you don't live in a CX/JAL gateway. The great thing about AA was that they are everywhere in the US, so you didn't have to live at a CX or JAL gateway. If my memory is right, Finair had a cheap YQ for Europe (again if you live at the Finair gateway). The single partner thing is a real handicap if you don't live in a major gateway city.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Thanks OP, I shall add this to my special card offers.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by godlovesugly
Can you mint miles with this card? I've heard about some concerns w/ Chase-branded cards.
Chase cards work fine at the mint. I use CO and UA all the time.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: starwood plat 5*elite svo, usair, delta, jetblue, southwest, nwa
just got approval for DH and myself so we will each have a 100,000 miles. with that the the 350,000 just got from the AA promotions we are in good shape this year.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 10:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
Glad to see yet another mega bonus here, I plan to jump in (along with my fiance) in a few weeks. The last 9 months have been nuts! 4x 75k AA, 2x 50k CO, 50k Amex, 2x 110k C1!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by longleaf
The new AA fuel surcharge to Europe and Asia has seriously devalued BA miles. No longer is AA the best single partner for BA for international trips (unless you are going south of the border, in which case LAN is a good option too). I think CX & JAL (for asia) are now cheaper than even AA as far as fees go. It's a shame if you don't live in a CX/JAL gateway. The great thing about AA was that they are everywhere in the US, so you didn't have to live at a CX or JAL gateway. If my memory is right, Finair had a cheap YQ for Europe (again if you live at the Finair gateway). The single partner thing is a real handicap if you don't live in a major gateway city.
Agreed- and paying a huge surcharge to travel on AA is not worth it IMO. I'd pay for the New BA First, but thats about it. I plan to use my BA payday for South America and Cathay travel. Then again, I'm fortunate because I'm NYC based and have lots of options. I would have a much harder time living in a non international gateway.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:06 am

Any idea what kind of credit score is needed

Just applied and didn't get instant approval...My credit score is around 730. Already have 2 visa signature cards, recently got the amex delta and amex gold premium rewards last month. Whats the avg crdit score to get approved on this? Any idea?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Agreed- and paying a huge surcharge to travel on AA is not worth it IMO. I'd pay for the New BA First, but thats about it. I plan to use my BA payday for South America and Cathay travel. Then again, I'm fortunate because I'm NYC based and have lots of options. I would have a much harder time living in a non international gateway.
Looks like you are based in an AA hub, so you can use BA miles on domestic AA metal and get 8 rt if you can buy one ticket.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I wish these special offers would be a little more spaced out.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:10 am

Programs: Lotz
Ends May 6.

I'll wait until about then as I just did a couple Chase SWA's and a Marriott in past 2 or 3 months and now have 5 Experian hits (Cap1 and AmEx Biz Gold in past month).

I assume most of us got the Chase United a year ago and will be trying to close it with CSR as part of getting this card. Doesn't Chase allow you to cancel within 30 days of the fee hitting with full refund?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
just applied, got this:

Thanks for Applying We have received your application. Our analysts are currently reviewing your application, and our goal is to notify you within 10 days of this application. Notifications are usually sent within this time, but in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days for processing.
Please do not resubmit your application.
I got that same message a few months ago when I applied for the Chase Continental card. Two weeks later I got a letter saying I was declined for the card because of two many inquiries on my credit report. My credit score is about 770 but that didn't matter. It was true that I had gotten several other airline cards recently including Chase United.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.