Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Hofu
Was there minimum spend within specifict time? Was it a Chase card?
What's Terms & Conditions? Thanks!
Not bad, it's 50K after first purchase, then 50K at first year anniversary. I just did a dummy booking and got the offer. It's right at the payment page, and I want to apply for it but not actually buy the ticket. I can't tell if I am approved then it will actually buy the tickets with the new card. Anybody done this and not bought the ticket?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 8:28 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueDog
Not bad, it's 50K after first purchase, then 50K at first year anniversary. I just did a dummy booking and got the offer. It's right at the payment page, and I want to apply for it but not actually buy the ticket. I can't tell if I am approved then it will actually buy the tickets with the new card. Anybody done this and not bought the ticket?
It appears that there is an option box to check if you want to use the miles for the trip you're booking, but you're not required to do so. Some interesting language regarding previous cardholders: the offer says that previous or current cardholders "may not" be approved for this offer but does not say "offer for first-time cardholders only." Given Chase's policy in the past, I'd doubt that folks who have the card currently could double-dip, but this language leaves open that intriguing possibility.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
It appears that there is an option box to check if you want to use the miles for the trip you're booking, but you're not required to do so. Some interesting language regarding previous cardholders: the offer says that previous or current cardholders "may not" be approved for this offer but does not say "offer for first-time cardholders only." Given Chase's policy in the past, I'd doubt that folks who have the card currently could double-dip, but this language leaves open that intriguing possibility.
Has anyone been able to trigger the new 50K+50K promo recently?
Old Oct 20, 2011, 7:22 pm

F class costs 3x the domestic even if it is a 2 class cabin aircraft
how did you get it for 25k mi each ticket??

Originally Posted by dhuey
I recently used my 100,000 BA miles to get 4 one-way F tickets on American, SFO-JFK. The taxes/fees were only $10 total. So, including the $95 fee on the card, I spent $105, plus the opportunity cost of 2,500 miles I would have gotten on my United card. For that I get four tickets I would have been willing to pay at least $600 apiece for.

That's about $2,300 in free money! Many thanks to those who alerted us to this offer, and those who provided helpful advice. Viva FlyerTalk!
Old Oct 26, 2011, 4:57 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3 MM+, BA (very) Blue, CO nobody
Am I right in assuming that you do NOT lose the miles in your BA account (or an award ticket that is ticketed for April '12) if you close your BA card (had it over 1 year).
Old Oct 26, 2011, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
Originally Posted by Paulchili
Am I right in assuming that you do NOT lose the miles in your BA account (or an award ticket that is ticketed for April '12) if you close your BA card (had it over 1 year).
That is a correct assumption
Old Oct 26, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by reaper99999
Has anyone been able to trigger the new 50K+50K promo recently?
I triggered it tonight. Had to do three dummy bookings, then it came up. I declined with the announced devaluation, and you have to wait a full year for the second 50K.

Last edited by yngdiego; Oct 26, 2011 at 9:32 pm
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:55 pm

Programs: All of the Above
Sorry to bump the oldie, but didnt think it warranted a new thread.

Any rumblings about seeing this again this year? Didnt get it last round and would love to this round.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.