[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 5:09 pm
xp0

I am sure its been asked, and I am 99.99% i know the answer but I just wanted to double check.

After the miles are deposited into my BA account, I can cancel this card, correct? (Again, I am 99% sure this is the case I just want to be certain)

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:31 pm

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by xp0
I am sure its been asked, and I am 99.99% i know the answer but I just wanted to double check.

After the miles are deposited into my BA account, I can cancel this card, correct? (Again, I am 99% sure this is the case I just want to be certain)

Thanks!
Yes, but I wouldn't recommend cancelling the card months before the annual fee would be due. Chase has put terms in their most recent card applications stating that applicants who have been determined by Chase as to signing up for cards just for bonuses, will be declined.
So if you cancel after the bonus posts, and only having the card for a few months, you risk being flagged as a bonus only card holder...

Keep the card, and buy a meal or two every month or so.
There's my 2 cents.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 7:44 pm
xp0

Thanks ... I guess I should have also said by "years end" and was more of a question for a family member. It was not a "get the points and cancel" it was a "we got the points, have been using the card for 11 months, but dont want to pay the annual fee now that it is almost due"

Thanks for the info and the heads up also on the chase thing, I appreciate it.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by mrahul
why dont you just paypal 10$ asap and find out with chase if she met the spend requirement.that way, you would know it soon.and if they say u are past the deadline, you could request that you were assuming you had time till the 29th...and be able to fix it...
I met the spend then sent a secure message to Chase yestrday afternoon. Still no reply. Fingers crossed.
Old Jul 28, 2011, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by zutmin
I met the spend then sent a secure message to Chase yestrday afternoon. Still no reply. Fingers crossed.
Here is the reply I just received...Whew!

"I have reviewed this account and confirmed that the
$2,500.00 spending threshold was exceeded within the three
month promotional timeframe. As a result you have
qualified for the additional 50,000 bonus miles, which you
will receive approximately six to eight weeks after
exceeding the spending threshold. Based on this, please
allow more time to receive the additional bonus miles.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
E-mail Customer Service Representative"
Old Jul 30, 2011, 8:04 pm

anyone able to get annual fee taken off their statement?or is it a thing of the past?
Old Aug 3, 2011, 1:52 pm

Wow, really glad I checked in on this thread. I took was counting my Annual Fee as a part of the purchases and was $70 below the spend. Paying Comcast should put me well over the $2,500 needed!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton
Originally Posted by mrahul
anyone able to get annual fee taken off their statement?or is it a thing of the past?
I don't think anyone was able to get the annual fee refunded. It's still an amazing deal for only $95.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 6:09 pm

Programs: CO Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Wish I didn't miss this thread... 100K BA miles, such a good deal!
Old Aug 3, 2011, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by shanshan
Wish I didn't miss this thread... 100K BA miles, such a good deal!
Well there was plenty of time to apply for it. With so many replies and activity in here I am surprised that you missed it..
Old Aug 3, 2011, 11:25 pm

Now I'm trying to figure out a way to use these seemingly worthless BA miles...

Great for domestic AA fares, but the fuel surcharge makes award fares like $550-600.

Delta coach ticket is $750 for the same flight (and earns miles).
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:24 am

Does anyone know if the address on the card and the BAEC program need to match? I have now moved to London and I want to change the address on my account so that the fee structure is different, but I'd also like to keep my US address on the Chase card, as I might try to open a new Chase card in the future. Do you know if there are any issues with this? I know that there have been issues with UK BA Amex holders moving their BAEC address to Europe, but I hope it's not the same with Chase.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
BA bonus help please

Well, long story short...I signed up for the 100K BA miles Chase card through a working link a few days after the offical close of the offer. The link was still active but I called Chase just to make sure I would still get the 100K at that point. The operator told me if the link worked they would honor the deal. Well, I only got the 50K! I have screen saves of the original link that worked and of the bonus offer details that show the screen save dates. Any chance I can get them to give me the extra 50K? Thanks for helping.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 6:49 am

Did you complete the required spend ($2500 or $3000, I don't remember now)? You receive 50K points after activation/first purchase, and the remaining 50K after completing the spend.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 7:06 am

Programs: US, AA, AM, BA, HH, SPG, PC, Carlson, Marriott, Choice
Yes, all requirements met!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.