Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by blitzu
Anyone know if these miles expire? And if so what would you need to do to keep them active?

Thanks
They won't expire if you have any activity within a 36 month period. They expire in 36 months with no activity.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:36 pm

I just applied for the CO one last night (got the pending further consideration notice) wonder if I call I can stop that application and switch to this one - what number to call?

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75
No instant approval

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by longleaf
In case anyone is not aware, BA fuel surcharges are going up yet again!

http://www.iagshares.com/phoenix.zht...868&highlight=
Even more reason now to use these BA miles within the Americas.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:38 pm

I applied and did not receive instant approval, instead receiving a message notifying me that "analysts" were reviewing my account and I would hear something in ten days.

I decided to call Chase (888-270-2127) to see if I could get the process moved along faster especially if they had questions for me that I could answer. They asked for my social to look up the application and said the account was approved and was just waiting an account number. They said I would receive the card in ten days.

When asked why it said the account was being reviewed they just said some accounts aren't approved instantly, but nearly so, and thus it spits back that message.

I'm pretty chuffed with the result!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:49 pm

This will probably get lost in this thread, but it should be illegal for BA to charge YQ on AA redemptions when AA does not have YQ. BMI tried to do this with NZ and it seems many people successfully fought it (see the BD forum).

I'm surprised that nobody has taken BA to task over this. This is like overcharging taxes.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:00 pm

Tell her you will throw in another city or two along the way for free too.

Last year I did LIT-ORD(stop)-MIA(stop)-EYW(stop)-MIA-MSY(stop)-DFW-LIT

stopped at 4 cities for 25k. Not bad. Could have stopped in DFW too but....eh.

Just a reminder if you do a lot of stopovers. The baggage fees will add up (especially if traveling with your family) because at each stop you have to pay the baggage fees again, so best to work around that if you can.
No baggage fees on AA to Central America either, which is nice. I think they allow 3 bags.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by eknock007
Thanks for the info. Now I just need to convince the wife that paying $95 for 3 "free" trips to Cancun really is not such a bad deal afterall.
But, when you add in the Kevlar vests, personal body guards, increased life insurance policies, med evac costs, etc., associated with dropping in the middle of another drug cartel "disagreement" things add up----uh, wait, that's Acapulco. Sorry.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:08 pm

Programs: AA
Does an approval include an automatic enrollment in the BA FF program or do I need to join them prior to applying?

PS - I'm quite excited that this offer has come back since I missed out the first time around!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
...I decided to call Chase (888-270-2127)...
Following your experience, I called and was told that my 1st card was approved (applied on 4/4 withe the 50,000 miles offer) and the 2nd one (today) was denied (too many inquires). I asked if she could match the 100,000 offer and she said no but told me to call customer service once I receive my card and explain to them my situation. Any advise?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Originally Posted by amiras
Following your experience, I called and was told that my 1st card was approved (applied on 4/4 withe the 50,000 miles offer) and the 2nd one (today) was denied (too many inquires). I asked if she could match the 100,000 offer and she said no but told me to call customer service once I receive my card and explain to them my situation. Any advise?
Yes, call customer service once you receive the card and explain the situation.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:15 pm

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
Yes, call customer service once you receive the card and explain the situation.
This or send them a secure message through the online account management tools and explain the situation. A lot of people who applied for the 30k CO offer only to have the 50k CO offer come out a few days later were able to either call or secure message and get the 50k offer.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by kts262
This or send them a secure message through the online account management tools and explain the situation. A lot of people who applied for the 30k CO offer only to have the 50k CO offer come out a few days later were able to either call or secure message and get the 50k offer.
Roger that. Thanks guys!
BTW, it looks like their site is down now...trying to apply for my wife but connection is timing out....
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
I don't know what you mean by that.
From the T&Cs on the application that I saw:

This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnmag
From the T&Cs on the application that I saw:
Right... As i wrote on the original post.

That is why i am not applying again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.