Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Anyone know if they use TU, EQ or EX? Specifically, if possible, for California residents? I wanna jump on this baby, but not if its another pull on Experian for me.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by blase
Yup, you've got it. I just used 25000 BA miles on AA flights from Chicago to Vegas for this summer (over $400 so I consider that to be a good use of miles). Cost me the same as booking on AA - $5.00. So for domestic tickets, using BA miles on AA is a good value.
I am still thinking about applying for myself and the wife. Don't mind paying the AF of $95 if travel within North and South America using these BA miles will not incur BA's YQ charges. Me and my wife could do 3 RTs to Hawaii or Cancun/Cabo for no more than about $80 per ticket. We would never consider going to Europe using these miles. We could probably find reasonable fares during the off-season and do Europe this way while earning miles. And we if really wanted to redeem miles for European travel, we have United/Continental miles we could use, while paying less than $150 on taxes. just my 2centss.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 11:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
In case anyone is interested, I just put together a blog post on this offer and using BA miles. I posted a bunch of screenshots of sample BA and Partner itineraries so you can get a sense of miles required and taxes/surcharges on different carriers (all are less than BA).
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:00 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Ex-UA Gold, Ex-AA Gold , Ex-SPG Gold, Peon everywhere else
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
In case anyone is interested, I just put together a blog post on this offer and using BA miles. I posted a bunch of screenshots of sample BA and Partner itineraries so you can get a sense of miles required and taxes/surcharges on different carriers (all are less than BA).
Thanks for the info. Now I just need to convince the wife that paying $95 for 3 "free" trips to Cancun really is not such a bad deal afterall.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by eknock007
Thanks for the info. Now I just need to convince the wife that paying $95 for 3 "free" trips to Cancun really is not such a bad deal afterall.
With unlimited free stopovers, you could make it more than 3.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eknock007
Tell her you will throw in another city or two along the way for free too.

Last year I did LIT-ORD(stop)-MIA(stop)-EYW(stop)-MIA-MSY(stop)-DFW-LIT

stopped at 4 cities for 25k. Not bad. Could have stopped in DFW too but....eh.

Just a reminder if you do a lot of stopovers. The baggage fees will add up (especially if traveling with your family) because at each stop you have to pay the baggage fees again, so best to work around that if you can.

Last edited by longleaf; Apr 6, 2011 at 12:11 pm
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

In case anyone is not aware, BA fuel surcharges are going up yet again!

http://www.iagshares.com/phoenix.zht...868&highlight=
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by longleaf
Done. The pricing & terms on their promo splash page says the annual fee is $75. But the pricing & terms on the actual application page is $95. I assume it is $95 too. Thanks.
Did you apply or are you an existing cardholder?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: FB-PFL ; LH-FT
I was unable to apply from Canada. Here, I can have the RBC-BA offer 10000 miles. What a joke!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by blase
I know, my poor mom.... in recent months I have gotten her to sign up for the AA 75k promo (twice), the Capital One 100k, and the SPG 30k promo... I called her late last night on this one and she said she thinks she's going to pass. I hope she'll reconsider because in my eyes, this one is the big daddy!!
I am a little confused here. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I looked up BA miles. It needs 120K to go from USA to China, while AA only need 70K. Isn't AA's offer much better? If I spend BA miles with AA, is it 120K or 70K? Also, I heard that the fuel charge is insanely high even with AA now.

Hope I am wrong.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA, CO, AA
Does anyone know if their is limit on number of chase cards one can have....
I already got the CO onepass plus MC, the UA MP visa signature and the Sapphire UR cards all in past year....i know my inquiries are up there as a result now....

can they reject you on the basis of having too many other cards? somehow i remember someone claiming AMEX did this to them for already having 3 other AMEX cards.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnmag
Did you apply or are you an existing cardholder?
Neither. Applied last year for the original 100k offer. I will let someone else be the guinea pig on the double dip.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
Originally Posted by longleaf
Neither. Applied last year for the original 100k offer. I will let someone else be the guinea pig on the double dip.
You must've been looking at different T&Cs than I saw!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnmag
You must've been looking at different T&Cs than I saw!
I don't know what you mean by that.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, UA 1P, AMEX Plat/Gold
Anyone know if these miles expire? And if so what would you need to do to keep them active?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.