Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Apr 30, 11, 3:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
I applied and I'm still waiting for an answer. A rep told me yesterday not to read anything into the delay -- in all likelihood, it involves a need to check records. He told me that many applications are instantly rejected.
Old Apr 30, 11, 3:43 pm

Programs: Lotz
Lan & CX are best BA awards.

But in worst case 100K is good for 4 AA domestic y rt's with no fees.
Old Apr 30, 11, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post

There is YQ on CX.
Old Apr 30, 11, 4:21 pm

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
There is YQ on CX.
It's pretty low tho I think. DansDeals says a F on CX that sells for $18K only has YQ fees of $250 on rewards.
Old Apr 30, 11, 5:33 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
deleted

Last edited by rdchen; May 4, 11 at 4:02 pm
Old Apr 30, 11, 5:56 pm

I was planning on using the miles in 2012 (fall) so didn't want to pay an extra $95 dollars if its not needed. I know its a steal, thus us getting it, but no need to waste
Old Apr 30, 11, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by tassojunior

And 105K BA miles is good for three Coach roundtrips between the mainland and Hawaii (or between the Caribbean and Hawaii via the mainland) with free en-route stopovers).

Last edited by guv1976; Apr 30, 11 at 6:29 pm
Old Apr 30, 11, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by travelerjim View Post
UNBELIEVABLE!
You can earn 100,000 FREE BA Miles..by paying a $95.00 fee..
and you are trying to cancel the card, KEEP the 100,000 miles
and not pay the $95. fee for the card...

Do yourself a favor...
Save the $95.00 and forget the 100,000 miles!
tj

I agree. I never stop being amazed at how cheap some people are. You can leverage those 100,000 miles for thousands of dollars in airline tickets, all for the grand total of $95, but I guess that just isn't good enough for some people.
Old Apr 30, 11, 6:35 pm

chase

Just applied for (and was approved) for the new Chase Hyatt card in addition to several other cards...all w/in the last month or two...

as a result,I definitely wouldn't get this card if I applied, correct?
Old Apr 30, 11, 6:55 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
follow up

Wow, Chase continues to amaze me. After putting my OLD BAEC number on the card (after applying with a NEW BAEC number!) they did not waste any time at all sending the "no soup for you" letter just a few days after receiving the card which I have not even activated yet!

I am calling Monday morning to cancel and see what they offer me not to, if anything. I will throw Capital One just to see what happens, maybe they have instructed the reps to immediately counter offer 50k to keep the card

This was worth a shot, I usually do not pull the trigger so fast, I should have waited and saved a credit inquiry which are now are becoming very valuable after reading Randy Petersen's May 2011 Inside Flyer editorial which says:

-Big 100k like credit card bonuses will be with us for a few more months at least, if not longer.
-And, music to our ears, we may see another offer that will TOP the 100k recent offers so it is best to save the inquiries because you do not want to risk getting shut down for excessive # of inquiries when that comes around.

So, hang in there folks, this is our revenge against these banks that brought so much hardship back in 2008 and still cleaning up the effects from it...that's the way I see it anyway
Old Apr 30, 11, 9:40 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, UAmileage+,SkyMiles,Avios
Not sure about CX, but I check JAL from US to HKG stop at Narita, YQ is $490, and the break down of YQ fee contain a $409 fuel charge.

Originally Posted by tassojunior View Post
It's pretty low tho I think. DansDeals says a F on CX that sells for $18K only has YQ fees of $250 on rewards.
Old May 1, 11, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by all168 View Post
Not sure about CX, but I check JAL from US to HKG stop at Narita, YQ is $490, and the break down of YQ fee contain a $409 fuel charge.
The surcharge for JAL is significant higher than CX. Also, don't waste your miles flying JAL J class. It's a waste of miles.
Old May 1, 11, 8:50 am

Programs: United Mileage Plus; Southwest; American Airlines
Took the plunge...

and applied for these this a.m. We were both immediately approved. Spend in first 3 months will be easy. Targeting getting the travel together ticket for each account.

We are pretty conservative about credit cards, but I made the case this morning that this is too good to pass up.

I sincerely thank the awesome FT community for the great information that is consistently posted.

I try to post when I have something useful to contribute, but you are all so knowledgeable it can be intimidating...
Old May 1, 11, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler (lite). NY Metro area.
Originally Posted by Reamorama View Post
I was planning on using the miles in 2012 (fall) so didn't want to pay an extra $95 dollars if its not needed. I know its a steal, thus us getting it, but no need to waste
I cancelled my BA card (signed up when the offer was offered the first time) when the bill came up for renewal. BA miles expire in 3 years, so you're good to go until that time.

The $95 dollar fee, even if only used for AA domestic, is valued at a minimum of $250 per ticket. If you multiply that times 4, that's $1000. And when was the last time anyone paid $250 for a ticket?

dh
Old May 1, 11, 5:04 pm

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Just want to try and get as definitive of an answer as possible on this before I grab yet another card...
I had pretty much decided against getting this card since I could find essentially no award availability on partner airlines on the BA website for flights, for example, from PDX-DCA or PDX-HNL or PDX-BOS...etc. (I'm essentially only concerned with domestic AA or Alaska flights) But then I hear the BA award search sucks for this type of thing and you should find the awards via the individual partner websites (where I can usually find plenty of availability) and then simply call BA with those flight details and they can access them. I think the PointsGuy has said that he has had around 90% success doing this. But then I've read posts (I think on this thread are some) of people who try this and BA simply says that just because you can see the awards on AA doesn't mean BA has access to them.
Are there many success stories of finding awards on AA or AS and calling BA to grab them? Failures? Is it actually a 90% success rate doing this?
I've already got plenty of miles already so no big loss if I pass on this deal but turning down an easy 100,000 miles is tough, especially if I realize later they would have been much easier to use then I had thought. If only I lived in Dallas!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: