Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:16 pm

Finally applied for and got instant approval.

Now where in the world should I go?

Thanks OP
Old Apr 29, 2011, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by greendx
Finally applied for and got instant approval.

Now where in the world should I go?

Thanks OP
With high YQ, there is pretty much only South America on LAN.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by UA Fan
With high YQ, there is pretty much only South America on LAN.
I know BA has high YQ on rewards but couldn't I use partner airlines? Ideally I was thinking NYC->Asia or something. Sorry if this was already discussed in the thread I didn't read any of it yet.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 5:19 pm

Applied almost a month back. After receiving "reply in 10 day" message, I finally received the card.
Now the long wait for 100K miles starts...
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by clockhand
I agree. There isn't pro-rated annual fee. You pay that and you get to use the card for the year or you don't pay and don't use the card. It's sort of like all or none concept.

The only exception would be within certain number of days of paying annual fee, you can still cancel it. I believe it's usually 30 days but not sure.
I don't know about Chase but I received a pro-rated refund twice when I canceled cards before the year was up.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
I applied and was approved for the card after I got 100k last year. I now have the card but not activated it yet. For ones how go for the 100k again, how many days after receiving the card did you receive the "no soup for you" letter? I wonder if the letter gets sent WITHOUT activating the card? I am thinking of calling Chase to activate the card and just tell them that I will activate and use the card if they can spare me 50k for the 2.5k spend part of the bonus; if not, I will cancel on the spot.

Thoughts?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gpapadop
I am thinking of calling Chase to activate the card and just tell them that I will activate and use the card if they can spare me 50k for the 2.5k spend part of the bonus; if not, I will cancel on the spot.
Except that there's the possiblity that calling them and pointing out that there might be a reason you don't qualify for the bonus will be what makes your disqualification get processed!

And I see no reason to expect that they would give you half instead of either all or nothing. The person you talk to will not be authorized to make such a decision, nor their supervisor. You'll be talking to customer service, but they can't make decisions on stuff like this; it's a totally department that does, and you can't talk to that depratment.

All customer service can do is tell you what they on your account, and make notes in your account (including "hey, this customer asked about whether they'll get the bonus again, since they got it before", which the other department won't answer but will turn into a bonus-rejection letter.

You obviously don't have a good idea of how the division at large bank work to think that someone random that you get on the phone can be negoitiated with about the xize or qualification of the bonus.

Unless it's going to hard for you to do the $2500 in time, I suggest you activate, make one small purchase, then sit back and wait to see if you get a no-bonus letter. If weeks go by after that with no such letter, then start working on the $2500. At that point, you've only "wasted" the first small purchase amount, at worst.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:02 am

I just got approved thanks to you guys (and my brother telling me about this site)! I signed up for the CO card with the 50k bonus and decided to go for this one and wasn't initially approved. Decided to give them a call and ask if moving around credit lines would help and it did! I had to briefly explain that I use my CO card because I travel with them more, but the BA card has no foreign transaction fees!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
sdsearch

You make some excellent points, thanks for the input! I am at a catch 22 here I think.

How does my dillema relate to the annual fee charged to me? If I do activate the card and use it I think I have to pay the annual fee in full? That may seal the deal for me and push me towards canceling it at once when I call to activate it as the chances of me getting the 2nd 100k are minimal to non existent. Yes, I did use a new BAEC number but Chase found and put my OLD BAEC number on the card!!! Chase is getting good at this now!
Old Apr 30, 2011, 11:15 am

My procrastination last fall paid off.

I screwed up and didn't get the 100K I applied for (only 50K), so I snail-mailed a complaint to Chase. They gave me 25K miles extra. When the offer appeared again, I got my wife the 100K easily. I topped mine off with Amex to get to 200K. I cancelled my BA card, and paid it off in full.

Now with this newest offer I applied again, got the card, and when I activated the card, they told me yes, I would get the 100K with $2500 spend! I have heard other folks have gotten a second BA card, but since they jumped on last falls promo they won't give them the miles!

Now we have 300K miles on BA. Will use it on CX or LAN (not BA, too expensive extra charges) or somebody else.........
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:43 pm

Got the card instant approved, anyone know if we can complete the details for the bonus 50k and have the miles in the BA account - can we cancel the card without losing the miles (and thus saving us the $95/year fee -- not planning on using the card for anything else)?
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by Reamorama
Got the card instant approved, anyone know if we can complete the details for the bonus 50k and have the miles in the BA account - can we cancel the card without losing the miles (and thus saving us the $95/year fee -- not planning on using the card for anything else)?
Even if you don't ever use the card again, 50 or 100k miles for $95 is a steal. Trying to cancel the card right away probably won't work and could blow up in your face. Eat the fee, get the miles and call it a day
Old Apr 30, 2011, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Even if you don't ever use the card again, 50 or 100k miles for $95 is a steal. Trying to cancel the card right away probably won't work and could blow up in your face. Eat the fee, get the miles and call it a day
+1 those trying to escape the fee: Chase usually has a clause that they can withdraw all miles if the card is closed in 6 months.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: DLPlat;AA,BA,US
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Reamorama
UNBELIEVABLE!
You can earn 100,000 FREE BA Miles..by paying a $95.00 fee..
and you are trying to cancel the card, KEEP the 100,000 miles
and not pay the $95. fee for the card...

Do yourself a favor...
Save the $95.00 and forget the 100,000 miles!
tj
Old Apr 30, 2011, 3:29 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Originally Posted by travelerjim
UNBELIEVABLE!
You can earn 100,000 FREE BA Miles..by paying a $95.00 fee..
and you are trying to cancel the card, KEEP the 100,000 miles
and not pay the $95. fee for the card...

Do yourself a favor...
Save the $95.00 and forget the 100,000 miles!
tj
+1^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.