Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I got the Continental credit card from Chase about 2 months back. Do you guys think it makes sense for me to apply for the British Airways card? I think a remember a rule according to which Chase will only accept one credit card application every six month...
Not much downside in applying for the BA card. If you get rejected, you can call Chase and they will likely move some of your credit line from the CO card to the new BA card so their total exposure to you stays the same. This has worked for me a few times with Chase.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by longleaf
The fuel surcharge on AA went into effect in about the last week. I don't think it effects central america, south america, or domestic. At least not yet. Try booking a trip to Europe or Asia and watch your jaw drop! A r/t to Europe costs me over $440 per person today, using AA partner only. The minimum fuel surcharge to Europe using AA is now $400 per person, plus other fees.
lan does not charge YQ. If all else fails AA does not charge domestically nor it will it ever, so definitely not a total loss). Summer peak tickets are $400+ intracont, so definitely a good use of BA miles there. : )
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:51 am

Was the last 100,000 deal also with the annual fee waived.
Obviously $95 is acceptable for 100,000 miles but wondering if it is ever waived
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:57 am

Send a Chase a online message, and ask them to match the current offer.
People has had good luck to match the Continental card offer within 2 months.
Originally Posted by glocklt4
Ugh, i pulled the trigger almost 2 months ago now on the 50k mile sign up one... grr!!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 8:59 am

The fee last time is $75, not waived.
Originally Posted by robbiesam
Was the last 100,000 deal also with the annual fee waived.
Obviously $95 is acceptable for 100,000 miles but wondering if it is ever waived
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:04 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Originally Posted by longleaf
The fuel surcharge on AA went into effect in about the last week. I don't think it effects central america, south america, or domestic. At least not yet. Try booking a trip to Europe or Asia and watch your jaw drop! A r/t to Europe costs me over $440 per person today, using AA partner only. The minimum fuel surcharge to Europe using AA is now $400 per person, plus other fees.
there have always been fuel surcharges on aa transatlantic flights but never for domestic, canada or latin america.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
I've used my BA miles for AA domestic trips and it's worked great!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:13 am

Now the dilemma. I was going to take the in-laws to Europe in BC next year and use my miles. Now with this, I want them to contribute 200,000 miles.

Now to figure out a way for them to do this without letting the cat out of the bag.

I will do all the spending and pay the bill for them. I just need them for the card and the family account. They know I work the system but are very anti-credit card.

It doesn't help that the closest BA or AA airport is 3 hours away.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:34 am

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...penxtype=click

deal is active...w00t
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:35 am

The ad is live on ba.com. I applied in 2009 and got 20K miles. I cancelled it 2 months back. Not sure If have a chance now.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by mileshound
Now the dilemma. I was going to take the in-laws to Europe in BC next year and use my miles. Now with this, I want them to contribute 200,000 miles.

Now to figure out a way for them to do this without letting the cat out of the bag.

I will do all the spending and pay the bill for them. I just need them for the card and the family account. They know I work the system but are very anti-credit card.

It doesn't help that the closest BA or AA airport is 3 hours away.
Promise to name kids after them. Always works.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
"This one-time bonus offer is valid only for first-time cardmembers with new accounts. Previous and existing cardmembers/accounts are not eligible for this bonus offer."

Just read the T&C. I guess no love for us existing cardholders. What a sad day!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Original post has the updated link and terms & conditions now.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:48 am

I'm pretty new to the FT game, nevermind signing up for credit cards. I did do the last awesome AA credit card round up and ended up with 2 personals and 1 business and 2 personals for my wife. Thinking of applying for this one...

So if we both get cards for 100K miles, just look at the AA partner award chart ( http://www.aa.com/i18n/disclaimers/a...rtnerChart.jsp ) and we can use their miles on AA flights with no issues by calling up someone?

In essence we get 100K "AA" miles that don't count towards lifetime or anything, but can be used as if they are "AA" nonetheless for domestic or international travel for the price of $75 + $2,500 spend in 3 months...

Thanks for the help!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 9:57 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
just applied, got this:

Thanks for Applying We have received your application. Our analysts are currently reviewing your application, and our goal is to notify you within 10 days of this application. Notifications are usually sent within this time, but in some circumstances it may take up to 30 days for processing.
Please do not resubmit your application.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.