Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2011, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kgkg
If AA standard award for US domestic is not available, can I use double BA miles (i.e. 50K) to redeem a US domestic ticket?
Not double for the same cabin. At all airlines, "anytime" awards are only good on the airline's own metal (ie, not partner flights, not codeshare flights, only flights that are operated by the airline whose miles you're redeeming).

However: In many cases on aa.com (using AA miles) I've found that when coach at standard (25k) is not avialable, business/first at standard (50k) is available, so rather than use 50k for "anytime" coach, why not just grab a business/first seat for the very same amount of miles!

So while you cannot use "anytime" awards when redeeming BA miles for AA flights, keep in mind that you can redeem BA miles for AA business or first class seats. For Business, it's definitely only double. Officially, for First, it's triple. The thing I don't know is, when redeeming for a two-class AA flight in the US (where the second class up is called First, but in AA miles terms only needs BusinessFirst miles), do you have to pay triple BA miles or only double BA miles?

Someone else will have to answer that. I can't figure it out from BA's partner award chart.

(AA flies three class domestically on just a few routes, such as LAX-JFK and SFO-JFK, using 767-200 aka 762 planes. The only other planes they have that are three class are 777, but those typically only fly nonstops from US to far overseas. But AA calls the second class up First on domestic planes while it calls the second class up Business on international longhaul. BA.com doesn't explain how it deals with this naming inconsistence for award redemption.)
Old Apr 10, 2011, 11:59 am

So I'm trying to figure out if this will work for me. Given that BA's reward availability website is not very good (https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=106019), I am searching on AA.com first. For example, I am searching for LAX to SJD (direct) and it shows that an economy saver award is available both ways on the dates I selected. When I enter that into the BA website, I am not showing any availability at all. How is availability similar or different between the two sites?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: DL FO
Did anyone else have Chase pull two credit reports for this card? I have credit secure through Amex and got two alerts after applying for this card. One from Experian and one from Exquifax.

I wonder if Chase is starting to pull credit like Capital One.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:27 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
Originally Posted by bjs1234
So I'm trying to figure out if this will work for me. Given that BA's reward availability website is not very good (https://www.britishairways.com/trave..._gb?eId=106019), I am searching on AA.com first. For example, I am searching for LAX to SJD (direct) and it shows that an economy saver award is available both ways on the dates I selected. When I enter that into the BA website, I am not showing any availability at all. How is availability similar or different between the two sites?
Yeah I also have this issue. I am not sure and I asked the guy who blogged about this for a better response he hasn't responded..

I just read that you can call a BA CSR and you can book any SAAver Award that you see on AA.com using your BA Miles. Just ask the CSR for that specific route and supposedly you can book it even though you do not see it as available on the BA.com website.

"Any MileSAAver awards can be booked using British Airways miles – you just have to call BA if the trip has multiple stops."

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/04/how-...+Points+Guy%29
Old Apr 10, 2011, 12:29 pm

Agreed with those talking about the BA reward redemption website. My wife and I were both approved for this card so we will get 200k and I started plugging in dates looking for ways to use these miles for J tickets to Europe and every date range I enter has no availability.

I know TPG is doing a bunch of blog posts with showing how to use these miles so I will keep up with them but their awards redemption thus far look about as good as DL.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: Promus Preferred, ITT Sheraton Club
Originally Posted by TTBHG
My wife and I were both approved for this card.
How does Chase notify you that you've been approved?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by Minneapolis
How does Chase notify you that you've been approved?
We both called the 888-245-0625 number that was posted earlier and gave them our SS# and they told us that both were approved. Took 3 minutes.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by adamhoolhorst
I'm not having luck either. Tried both applynowdc1 and dc2...all three browsers, no luck. Are other people able to apply today? I want to jump on this if I can for my gf!
Yeah, I am continuing to have the issue of the application not loading. Does anyone have a link for the actual secure application once it loads or a phone number that I can call and apply by phone? Thanks. I would rather do it on the web but if I must resort to the phone, then so be it...
Old Apr 10, 2011, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Yeah, I am continuing to have the issue of the application not loading. Does anyone have a link for the actual secure application once it loads or a phone number that I can call and apply by phone? Thanks. I would rather do it on the web but if I must resort to the phone, then so be it...
Try going to the BA website and finding a banner over there.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:16 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Talking

Originally Posted by bjs1234
If its showing as available as MilesAAver award, it should be bookable with BA (and it should show online, though BA.com is far from perfect). Can you give sample dates and I'll look into it?
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by TTBHG
We both called the 888-245-0625 number that was posted earlier and gave them our SS# and they told us that both were approved. Took 3 minutes.
i received the "application pending" notification when i applied and found out i was approved after calling this number. i wasn't sure if i would get this one because of my recent CO card from january.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
This is my link which will take you to the secure app. I just went through and had no issues with the application page loading. (Full disclosure, its a referral link, but I can vouch that its active)
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:16 pm
inY

Same issue

I'm having exactly the same issue whether I follow your link, ingy's link or BA's link. All of them redirect loop. If I change https://applynowdc1.chase.com/ at the beginning to https://applynowdc2.chase.com/ , the application loads. Entering my Chase login information for pre-fill goes back to the same redirect loop error. However, I was able to apply using applynowdc2 without pre-fill. They said pending decision and the reconsideration line confirmed this status.

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
This is my link which will take you to the secure app. I just went through and had no issues with the application page loading. (Full disclosure, its a referral link, but I can vouch that its active)
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
Thanks, but it is not working for me on mine or my wife's computer (not sure what's going on. I even installed Chrome and the error message says that there are too many redirects or something of the sorts... I will try my parents' computer this week...If anyone has a phone number, please let me know.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by inY
I'm having exactly the same issue whether I follow your link, ingy's link or BA's link. All of them redirect loop. If I change https://applynowdc1.chase.com/ at the beginning to https://applynowdc2.chase.com/ , the application loads. Entering my Chase login information for pre-fill goes back to the same redirect loop error. However, I was able to apply using applynowdc2 without pre-fill. They said pending decision and the reconsideration line confirmed this status.
Tred both of your links provided above. No success. Oh well. Why are these redirect problems occurring? Is there anything I can do to my machine to get me to the credit card app?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.