Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:25 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Ugh, i pulled the trigger almost 2 months ago now on the 50k mile sign up one... grr!!
Old Apr 5, 2011, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by JohnOdd
Jeez,

I just got my new BA card in the mail today, haven't even activated it yet. I'm hoping i can call in tomorrow and ask for the 100,000 mile treatment.
Good luck!
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:01 am

Programs: HHonors diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, UA Silver, Marriott Silver
Is annual fee waived for 1st yr?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 12:27 am

Programs: Grounded
How is the annual fee $95? Did it go up recently? My last renewal was $75.

Also, it's been my understanding that Chase has a very long memory for these sorts of things. At least, that's what I was banking on when I didn't cancel
Old Apr 6, 2011, 2:14 am

I just went to the BA website. The only offer they have is the 50,000 mile offer. If I can get the 100k, I'll defintely sign up even with their ridiculous fuel charges.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold, Everything else: Dirt
Some have been reporting fuel surcharges even on all partner awards. Just an FYI.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: BA silver, Hyatt PLT, AA EXP, US silver, ICH RA, CO PLT
I too just applied (2 days ago) for my wife on the 50K deal ughhh. I will call soon to try to get the new deal.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:41 am

This is a bombshell---equivalant to a total solar eclipse. I cancelled my Chase B/A card about 4 months ago. This will be a double bombshell if I can get a near back to back 100K miles BA Chase card! (I highly doubt it)
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:44 am

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
I got the Continental credit card from Chase about 2 months back. Do you guys think it makes sense for me to apply for the British Airways card? I think a remember a rule according to which Chase will only accept one credit card application every six month...
Old Apr 6, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Gold
Well I already have a Chase CO Card which I've had for about 18 months (an insanely long time by Churning standards), a Chase UA card (which I applied for in January), I just got an AmEx Plat and a Cap One Venture.

I'm sitting at 5 hard pulls on my account, but am not looking for any loans anytime soon. Mulling over pulling the trigger on this one purely for future vacation travel.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by thepointsguy
I've been promised by my ad rep to have the application link tomorrow, so I'll post once its live.

I used my last BA card sign up bonus to fly BA First and ended up flying right behind Madonna on the outbound and rode in the New First on the return.

Hoping for similar good fortune this time around!
So your sources indicate that you'll be able to get it again, with a bonus the second time?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
I got the Continental credit card from Chase about 2 months back. Do you guys think it makes sense for me to apply for the British Airways card? I think a remember a rule according to which Chase will only accept one credit card application every six month...

Same here.... Seems like I remember reading you need to wait 6 months after your last application but then maybe read that you need to wait 6 months before only if you were rejected? anyone know the answer??

I must have gotten 8+ CC's in the past 12 months, with some huge bonuses so I know I am really pushing the envelope but I sure hate to pass this one by......
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:52 am

Programs: DL-Plat, Plat Ambassador, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by MaineFlyer16
Some have been reporting fuel surcharges even on all partner awards. Just an FYI.
I booked a flight using BA miles on an AA award to Central America recently and paid $68 in taxes - exactly what I pay on AA.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:58 am
formerly known as Frugal Travel Guy

Programs: UA Gold, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by NC_Girl
Same here.... Seems like I remember reading you need to wait 6 months after your last application but then maybe read that you need to wait 6 months before only if you were rejected? anyone know the answer??

I must have gotten 8+ CC's in the past 12 months, with some huge bonuses so I know I am really pushing the envelope but I sure hate to pass this one by......
The Chase six month rule is a myth in my opinion. I got five Chase cards in a six month span starting with the BA card last time around. It usually takes a call to the reconsideration number and negotiating the closing of an older unused Chase card to get the new approval. I have been told to wait at least one month between applications. YMMV

The link is now up on my blog. Be sure to copy and paste the ad page, application page, and terms and conditions.

Last edited by ingy; Apr 6, 2011 at 1:12 pm
Old Apr 6, 2011, 7:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NC_Girl
I booked a flight using BA miles on an AA award to Central America recently and paid $68 in taxes - exactly what I pay on AA.
The fuel surcharge on AA went into effect in about the last week. I don't think it effects central america, south america, or domestic. At least not yet. Try booking a trip to Europe or Asia and watch your jaw drop! A r/t to Europe costs me over $440 per person today, using AA partner only. The minimum fuel surcharge to Europe using AA is now $400 per person, plus other fees.

Last edited by longleaf; Apr 6, 2011 at 8:15 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.