Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by whirls
Is this just a US thing or can you apply if you live in the UK?

whirls
I think its a US thing.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Originally Posted by whirls
Is this just a US thing or can you apply if you live in the UK?

whirls
Seems like banks in the U.K. are lot wiser than in U.S.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by TennisPro
I believe the clock starts on date of approval, which is sometimes the date of application or the day after, if instantly approved.

So, wait until April 14th to apply, to make sure you get all your trip spend counted.

Or, use amazon payments, or no-fee amex gift cards, or coins, to accelerate your spend. Just do a search on any of those topics if interested in advancing your spending.
Thank you. I might have to do coins as well...got to spend also to match another couple new cards.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Wife got instant approval.

I got call today saying they wanted more info which I gave them, they said I'll know in a few days

200k miles would be superb!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
What info did they need?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:10 pm

Will have sister apply as she will be travelling soon.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:46 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, United MileagePlus, Alaska MileagePlan, Marriott Rewards
not sure if this has been discussed, but cant seem to find an answer:

what is BA's fuel surcharge for award Y ticket to asia, say on Japan Airlines (provided availability). seems like for 50k one-partner award on BA can get you from North America to Far East Asia, seems lower than what you can do on the other programs (AA gets you to Japan on 50k, but rest of Asia is 70k RT). correct me if im misreading the BA award chart..

something i'm looking into, but obviously a crazy fuel surcharge would make this less attractive and i'll have to do some calculation. thanks for any insight!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bylin2000
not sure if this has been discussed, but cant seem to find an answer:

what is BA's fuel surcharge for award Y ticket to asia, say on Japan Airlines (provided availability). seems like for 50k one-partner award on BA can get you from North America to Far East Asia, seems lower than what you can do on the other programs (AA gets you to Japan on 50k, but rest of Asia is 70k RT). correct me if im misreading the BA award chart..

something i'm looking into, but obviously a crazy fuel surcharge would make this less attractive and i'll have to do some calculation. thanks for any insight!
Redeem for domestic US on AA/AS. Unlimited stopovers. No YQ and excellent value.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:27 am

Programs: MileagePlus 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Plat
link problen

Is anyone else having problem with the Apply link? I have tried two different browsers and two different computers and the error message I receive says the following: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." IE simply does not load the application page...Anyone else with these issues?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 6:59 am

Programs: DL Gold, AA, BA, CO, US
Originally Posted by vdostoi1
Is anyone else having problem with the Apply link? I have tried two different browsers and two different computers and the error message I receive says the following: "Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete." IE simply does not load the application page...Anyone else with these issues?
I had that issues the other day, I tried to load it a few more times and then it eventually worked for me.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: United 1P
If AA standard award for US domestic is not available, can I use double BA miles (i.e. 50K) to redeem a US domestic ticket?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:29 am

Looking to go to Europe next year, possibly Rome, Paris or Greece. Already got the AA promo card and was wondering if I should apply for this BA promo
or wait for something else. We want to fly Bus Class over as my Hubbie has
neck problems. Since I live in Tampa, FL BA isn't exactly an airline we can use. Thanks for your help.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kgkg
If AA standard award for US domestic is not available, can I use double BA miles (i.e. 50K) to redeem a US domestic ticket?
Nope.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by boyznme
Looking to go to Europe next year, possibly Rome, Paris or Greece. Already got the AA promo card and was wondering if I should apply for this BA promo
or wait for something else. We want to fly Bus Class over as my Hubbie has
neck problems. Since I live in Tampa, FL BA isn't exactly an airline we can use. Thanks for your help.
BA does have one flight per day from Tampa to London Gatwick, and you'll be able to make a connection to Rome, Paris, or Greece from there, just as you would from JFK, Chicago, or Washington, DC.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
BA does have one flight per day from Tampa to London Gatwick, and you'll be able to make a connection to Rome, Paris, or Greece from there, just as you would from JFK, Chicago, or Washington, DC.
Going through london will ding you with extra fees

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.