Reload this Page >

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Expired]BA 100,000 miles promo is back

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
So, I've skimmed this thread, sort of randomly. Haven't seen this answered.

Has anybody who did the BA Chase 100K Deal #1 get approved this time around? Perhaps if this is confirmed to work (for at least a few people) we could get a mod to append the title with 'Churning Possible' or something.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:42 pm

yes, there have been reports on slickdeals that people have just been approved for this one after having gotten the first one last year. no word yet on whether they're getting the mileage bonus or if they are getting a new card reissued to them without the 100k.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hobo13
So, I've skimmed this thread, sort of randomly. Haven't seen this answered.

Has anybody who did the BA Chase 100K Deal #1 get approved this time around? Perhaps if this is confirmed to work (for at least a few people) we could get a mod to append the title with 'Churning Possible' or something.
I'd be happy to change it if we could get at least several people to verify this... However, we have not had a single person report success getting the bonus twice, so lets not jump the gun.

Just b/c one person has mentioned being approved for the card again, actually getting the miles is another matter, as Chase usually has an infamous letter after being approved that says "Sorry...first time card member only".

By the time bonus miles post this promo will likely be over. So I doubt you will ever get any real verification of people actually receiving the bonus miles twice before this promo ends unless some people have the activation agent adjust their closing date close up and spend the money extra quick!
Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:56 pm

Programs: Priority Club PLT, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Just got instant approval and I did get the 100k last time around. I will post back if the bonus mileage actually posts, but as the last poster commented....the promo will most likely be over by then. Especially since I will need to wait for at least 2 coin orders to go through.

Oh well, it was worth an inquiry to find out.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:13 pm

Programs: SPG, AA, BA, CO, UA, US, B6, DL, Amex MR, HH
Does anyone have handy the phone number to call Chase and talk to a credit advisor who will reconsider the application? I can't seem to find it...
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Tailgater
I'm having a difficult time understanding all this.

Exactly what, for example, were the two Southwest cards: both with RR credits and were both cards under your name? A year apart--does that mean you waited a year after you cancelled on Soutwest card and then applied again, and got another Southwest card with RR credits? (I'm picking on SW because I cancelled my Chase SW card a few months ago, and would apply again if, I understand, you have successfully gotten the free r/t flights BOTH times.
Yes, all the cards were under the same name, and chase login. I made no attempt to hide who I was. The United one was the funniest to me, because I had left it open for a year to get the annual bonus, then cancelled it. When I reapplied for the next offer, the old United card still showed under my login as closed!

A year apart between when I cancelled the last Southwest card, and signed up for the new one. Yes I got the RR and the second time I got the $500 gift card too. Though i hear SW changed their RR program not sure how that will effect new card bonuses?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:43 pm

APPROVED!

Already had one credit card with Chase which is in good standing (as are all my other cards)... but I was worried that I might have opened a few too many credit cards lately, and my credit history is still less than 2 years total. I love my AMEX, but it's often hard to find places that will accept it. So for the next few months at least, this is what all my spending is going on.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
i just got my card with the 50k miles bonus 2 months ago.. this sucks
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:35 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Originally Posted by workandski
Tennis Pro: How did you contact Chase? I applied for the card under the 50,000 mile deal and don't have a decision yet. I'd like to try to do what you did.

If you don't have any other Chase products, you won't be able to do it yet.

Once you have a Chase logon (after you activate your card), then just log in to chase.com.

On the left hand side, you will see "Secure Message Center". Click "Send New Message". From there, the drop-down menu selections should be obvious, but I believe they were "credit card inquiry" then "rewards inquiry".

Just say that you applied recently under the 50K offer, but now see the 100K offer, and would like that. In my personal experience, and also what I have read on other forums, Chase will match any better offers they come out with, for something like 60 days from the date you applied.

You could also probably call them now, but I would wait and get your logon, and do the secure message thing, since then you know it will get routed to the right place, to representatives who know the matching policy. Plus, then you have written proof that they said they will match.

Last edited by TennisPro; Apr 7, 2011 at 11:37 pm Reason: typo
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:37 pm

Programs: UNITED 1P
Originally Posted by TennisPro
If you don't have any other Chase products, you won't be able to do it yet.

Once you have a Chase logon (after you activate your card), then just log in to chase.com.

On the left had side, you will see "Secure Message Center". Click "Send New Message". From there, the drop-down menu selections should be obvious, but I believe they were "credit card inquiry" then "rewards inquiry".

Just say that you just applied recently under the 50K offer, but now see the 100K offer, and would like that. In my personal experience, and also what I have read on other forums, Chase will match any better offers they come out with, for something like 60 days from the date you applied.

You could also probably call them now, but I would wait, and do the secure message thing, since then you know it will get routed to the right place, to representatives who know the matching policy. Plus, then you have written proof that they said they will match.
Thanks TennisPro.. i just did what you suggested and will wait for a decision.. altho my app is slightly over 60 days old... ugg....
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:43 pm

Originally Posted by nanirina
i just got my card with the 50k miles bonus 2 months ago.. this sucks

See my post #234. You may still be able to get matched to the 100K offer. I think 60 days might be the cutoff, so you might want to send Chase a secure message ASAP.

I hope they match for you. Post what happens, if you get a chance. I'm interested in more data, for the cutoff point for them matching offers.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by nanirina
Thanks TennisPro.. i just did what you suggested and will wait for a decision.. altho my app is slightly over 60 days old... ugg....
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by dinosims
Does anyone have handy the phone number to call Chase and talk to a credit advisor who will reconsider the application? I can't seem to find it...
Chase: 888-270-2127 (Application Reconsideration)
Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Direct Number)
Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by Kyonn
Interesting, how exactly did you phrase the question?
I wrote something like, "I just applied for this card 7 days ago under the 50K mile offer, and I just saw a new 100K mile offer. Is it possible for you to match this new offer?"

I don't think they are too picky about the wording. If you use the secure message center, and route it to the "credit card inquiries" and "rewards" team, I think they have a policy guideline, and they automatically match any better offer within a certain time period (possibly 60 days).
Old Apr 8, 2011, 1:37 am

I applied for this promotion the last time it ran, about a year ago, but was denied. This time, however, I got instant approval. Cha-ching! FYI, the only thing I changed was closing one card that I wasn't using. Nothing else substantially changed on my report. In fact, I even just recently got approved for the Citi AA promotions, as well as Starwoods, and still got the approval for this. Very cool promo indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.