Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Win an iPad - just by talking about miles and flying!

Win an iPad - just by talking about miles and flying!

Old Apr 18, 11, 12:56 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by matt5596 View Post
Still delayed.
I am surprised to hear that. When did you sign up? I don't recall seeing any new "complaint" of Y! delay since March when new people were/are signing up every day.

MP admin just confirmed the Yahoo issue had long been taken care of before March 2011.

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles View Post
I would love to visit MilePoint, but have they fixed the problem where registration confirmation emails never reached Yahoo mail?
If you don't want to use a non-Yahoo mail, the words are you can go for the manual verification route as well via "Contact Us" online link over there.
Old Apr 21, 11, 10:44 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Is the milepoint.com site down? I can't get it to load...
Old Apr 21, 11, 11:25 am

It's down, but not by their choice. Many sites still affected today due to Amazon's EC2 crash.
Amazon’s elastic compute cloud (EC2) is a popular hosting platform for social websites because it provides a cheap, scaleable, generally reliable place for them to live online without having to purchase a floor full of their own servers. But a major EC2 outage today highlights the potential perils of outsourcing one’s own hosting needs onto the cloud: When the cloud goes down, there’s not all that much you can do.

Reddit, Foursquare, Quora, Heroku, and Hootsuite were among the services hit with major downtimes as a result of the EC2 failure, some of which, according to Amazon’s status page, appears to be localized at Amazon’s North Virginia data center. (As of posting, Foursquare and Heroku are back up, and the other three are still down.)

(h/t TechCrunch)
Old Apr 21, 11, 11:28 am

Programs: AA LT Plat (AA 2mm +), Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Thanks Horse for the update! Anyone whom wants to see the latest update from Amazon Cloud Service on their problems ...see http://status.aws.amazon.com/ and click on the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (N. Virginia) tab for current status....
Old Apr 21, 11, 11:58 am

Programs: UA 1.5K MM/SPG Plat/Various Random Golds lol
Ok cool. Thanks for the update.
Old Apr 21, 11, 12:23 pm

You're welcome
Old Apr 21, 11, 2:19 pm

Looks like the Amazon issue affecting MP is now resolved. Site is up again.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: