Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 5:20 pm
xp0
Original Poster

Yeah my understanding was that the 62500 point offer was an old deal ... went away, and now its back.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by xp0
Yeah my understanding was that the 62500 point offer was an old deal ... went away, and now its back.
Don't think so. Why? Because the 30K + 20K offer is not listed on the Amex site. It's now only 20K with first purchase + 2500 for each HH stay up to 10K. So, max. of 30K.

But, that doesn't mean the old link won't work. I've used a lot of old links that have worked just fine. If I were a HH card newbie I'd try for the 30K + 20K Amex card quoted by the OP and the CITI 30K offer. That would give you 80K HH pts.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 11:08 am

Programs: AA UA Delta. HH Diamond, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Receive up to 62,500 Hilton HHonors® Bonus Points

Receive 20,000 HHonors Bonus Points with your first purchase1

Receive up to 2,500 additional HHonors Bonus Points on your first four Hilton WorldWide portfolio of hotels stays charged to the Card during your first 18 months of Cardmembership2

Receive 30,000 HHonors Bonus Points When you spend $500 in your first three months of Cardmembership3

So there are 20K, 10K and 30K
Where would the last 2,500 come? Additional card member?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 1:58 pm

Additonal cardholder, maybe? Sometimes that is the final 2,500 points.

If you have not had an AMEX card with Hilton affiliation. It would be best to sign up for this offer first. Collect 50,000 points. After that, upgrade to Surpass and collect another 20,000 points (difference between original sign up and the what Suprass gives you). There are some evidence that you need to wait 13 months to upgrade, but you can always open a new account and if you are approved AMEX will give you those points anyway. Of course, as previously mentioned, you can get Citi Hilton, they have a promo for 30,000 points as well. So all together you can have a nice 100,000 points, plus Gold for a year (from Suprass).

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Mar 5, 2011, 6:37 pm

In part 4 of the Terms & Conditions it states: "Cardmember must charge a stay at a participating Hilton Family hotel to their Hilton HHonors Credit Card within their first three months of Cardmembership. One $50 statement credit will be issued for the first Hilton Family purchase made with the Card. "

They seem to be saying that to do so, as part of this offer, I need to "stay at a participating Hilton ...within the first three months of Cardmembership". But then they make a reference to a $50 credit...so I am wondering if in fact this stipulation that one stay at a Hilton during the first three months of card membership is in fact simply in reference to getting this additional ($50 credit) bonus.

To simply get the 20,000 + 30,000 points I do not need to stay at a Hilton during the first three months; is that correct?

Last edited by muji; Mar 8, 2011 at 7:01 pm
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by muji
In part 4 of the Terms & Conditions it states: "Cardmember must charge a stay at a participating Hilton Family hotel to their Hilton HHonors Credit Card within their first three months of Cardmembership. One $50 statement credit will be issued for the first Hilton Family purchase made with the Card. "

They seem to be saying that to do so, as part of this offer, I need to "stay at a participating Hilton ...within the first three months of Cardmembership". But then they make a reference to a $50 credit...so I am wondering if in fact this stipulation that one stay at a Hilton during the first three months of card membership is in fact simply in reference to getting this additional ($50 credit) bonus.

To simply get the 20,000 + 30,000 points I do not need to stay at a Hilton during the first three months; is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.
(I emailed HHonors. They replied: "I apologize for the confusion. Regarding the $50 credit, it appears to be an American Express promotion. In order to ensure direct assistance, please contact American Express...You do not need to stay at a Hilton during the first three months. American Express Platinum will award 20,000 HHonors points to your HHonors account when you make your first purchase...")
Old Mar 20, 2011, 9:27 am

I just received this card. Any more info on the $50? Thx
Old Mar 20, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
I just received this card. Any more info on the $50? Thx
"Cardmember must charge a stay at a participating Hilton Family hotel to their Hilton HHonors Credit Card within their first three months of Cardmembership. One $50 statement credit will be issued for the first Hilton Family purchase made with the Card. Reservation must be made directly through a Hilton Family website. Credit issued as a Cardmember statement credit approximately 8-12 weeks after your first Hilton Family stay charged to the Card."
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:26 am

DO you get a 50% bonus on all of these points if you are hilton honors diamond??
Old Apr 19, 2011, 9:57 am
aap

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
I just applied and was approved today. Here's the link that I used:
https://www262.americanexpress.com/a...ard/71-1000-78
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:09 pm
aap

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Silver, AA Gold, United Silver
Originally Posted by aap
Wow, that was fast. I got my card overnight, and already put some purchases on it. Should get to $500 this month without any problems. My question to the group is will I get the 20K sign-up bonus plus 30K spend bonus points as soon as my statement generates or is it a lengthier process? My statement generates on May 19th, and I want to use these Hilton points May 31-June 5th thus the urgency.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:35 pm

Programs: I was loyal to One Pass & Star Alliance before FT ... now I value all miles and programs
With no annual fee, this seems like a pretty solid CC to keep. Thanks OP.

Would someone be able to comment on the number of pulls AMEX runs and against which bureaus?

Additionally, I think I read somewhere about how new AMEX cards will have an "Account Opened" date reflecting the same date as the person's earliest AMEX card ... is this true?
Old Apr 21, 2011, 6:57 pm

I am still debating whether to jump on this- I am just worried that I applied for the Personal/Business Delta 45k offer (before I knew about Skypesos) so maybe I should still wait until I cancel those.
Old Apr 29, 2011, 8:06 am

SAME

Originally Posted by aap

Same here, took three minutes, APPROVED. Thanks for the info!
Old Apr 29, 2011, 9:31 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Originally Posted by lrluis

Additionally, I think I read somewhere about how new AMEX cards will have an "Account Opened" date reflecting the same date as the person's earliest AMEX card ... is this true?
This is correct - Amex has a "Member Since" date on your card(s) and will use the earliest one for any subsequent cards they issue you. I have a DL Plat, Plat, and SPG cards and they all say Member Since 98, even tho my Plat card was issued in Feb of this year. Amex will report this date to the credit bureaus as the Open Date on your accounts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.