Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

bookingbuddy.com 18 US miles/$ (Deal no longer valid)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

bookingbuddy.com 18 US miles/$ (Deal no longer valid)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by kingsubbu
I received the same message today. Round two starts now.
Same message. And it escalates...
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:59 pm

Promising but nothing final.

Thank you for contacting The Dividend Miles Toolbar & Mall Support. We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. As for the incorrect miles posted on your account for the Booking Buddy transaction, we have reported the error to our Reporting Department for the necessary corrections. Please note that miles are credited anytime within 8 weeks from the date of purchase as stated in our Terms and Conditions. This is to allow the merchant to provide us with their own transaction reports and validate the purchases made.

Thank you for your time and attention regarding this matter.

Best Regards,

The Dividend Miles Toolbar & Mall Support Team
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:17 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by davevt98
Please note that miles are credited anytime within 8 weeks from the date of purchase as stated in our Terms and Conditions. This is to allow the merchant to provide us with their own transaction reports and validate the purchases made.

this response ignores the fact that the miles have ALREADY posted (but in the WRONG amount).
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:19 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by mooper
Uh, an error doesn't equate to a scam. Are you asserting that they purposefully set out to defraud you? Why don't you notify them of the error and give them a reasonable amount of time to correct it before you waste taxpayer money with unnecessary complaints? If USAir and/or BookingBuddy refuse to honor the stated terms *after* being notified of their error and *after* giving them time to fix it, *then* such complaints would be warranted. Hasn't it only been a couple of weeks since the offer was pulled/ended?
FWIW: under the NJ consumer sales practices act intent is not important. all that matters is that the communication has the effect of modifying buyer behavior. A promise made in error that someone in good faith believes is enforceable at law.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 2:32 pm

I just got the following response from Dividend Miles:

The promotion for miles with Booking Buddy was offered by the Shopping
Mall and we are unable to access their records. All requests regarding
the discrepancy in miles must be submitted directly to the partner by
sending an email to [email protected] or calling
1-888-238-8495. The partner will research your request and provide any
additional information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I contacted the phone number and the CSR immediately acknowledged that numerous people had had a problem with BookingBuddy miles posting. Apparently the situation has been elevated to management for a final decision and I was told to expect a response within two weeks. If you haven't already been in touch with this email address / phone number, it seems like it's the right way to get this issue settled.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
FWIW: under the NJ consumer sales practices act intent is not important. all that matters is that the communication has the effect of modifying buyer behavior. A promise made in error that someone in good faith believes is enforceable at law.
I didn't mean to imply that the intent mattered legally; I was simply curious if he thought they were intentionally setting out to defraud. My point remains that it's premature to accuse them of fraud or spend taxpayer money before giving them a reasonable amount of time to make good on the offer - whether it was intentional or not.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:46 am

Originally Posted by grlmopz
I just got the following response from Dividend Miles:

The promotion for miles with Booking Buddy was offered by the Shopping
Mall and we are unable to access their records. All requests regarding
the discrepancy in miles must be submitted directly to the partner by
sending an email to [email protected] or calling
1-888-238-8495. The partner will research your request and provide any
additional information. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I contacted the phone number and the CSR immediately acknowledged that numerous people had had a problem with BookingBuddy miles posting. Apparently the situation has been elevated to management for a final decision and I was told to expect a response within two weeks. If you haven't already been in touch with this email address / phone number, it seems like it's the right way to get this issue settled.
I contacted this email and received a response within ~5 hours asking for my transaction details. I emailed them back with everything I had so am now just waiting for a response.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Plat Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carl Gold, IHG Plat
Here's my response from Partner Marketing.

Your email has been directed to a specialty area for additional research
and handling. Once completed, we will reply to your request.

Your reference number is XXXXXXX.

We appreciate you choosing US Airways.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 12:48 pm

Darn it -- I thought I was making progress -- but about 30 minutes after the first email I received the standard
-----
Thank you for contacting The Dividend Miles Toolbar & Mall Support. We apologize
for the inconvenience this has caused you. As for the incorrect miles posted on
your account for the Booking Buddy transaction, we have reported the error to
our Reporting Department for the necessary corrections. Please note that miles
are credited anytime within 8 weeks from the date of purchase as stated in our
Terms and Conditions. This is to allow the merchant to provide us with their own
transaction reports and validate the purchases made.

------

Well, at least they don't want me to wait 8 weeks from the date of travel, since my travel isn't until the end of the year.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by iamthehpt
Darn it -- I thought I was making progress -- but about 30 minutes after the first email I received the standard
-----
Thank you for contacting The Dividend Miles Toolbar & Mall Support. We apologize
for the inconvenience this has caused you. As for the incorrect miles posted on
your account for the Booking Buddy transaction, we have reported the error to
our Reporting Department for the necessary corrections. Please note that miles
are credited anytime within 8 weeks from the date of purchase as stated in our
Terms and Conditions. This is to allow the merchant to provide us with their own
transaction reports and validate the purchases made.

------

Well, at least they don't want me to wait 8 weeks from the date of travel, since my travel isn't until the end of the year.
Just got the same message. Hopefully after seeing enough of these they'll start crediting the correct amounts
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mj12g
Just got the same message. Hopefully after seeing enough of these they'll start crediting the correct amounts
That's a bit too rational of an approach. Why not whine, complain, and spend taxpayer dollars accusing them of fraud? Who cares if the terms state that they reserve 8 weeks to review before posting?!
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by mooper
That's a bit too rational of an approach. Why not whine, complain, and spend taxpayer dollars accusing them of fraud? Who cares if the terms state that they reserve 8 weeks to review before posting?!
+1

^
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:06 pm

Programs: AmexPlat,SPG,CitiAA,One pass,
got e-mail asking transaction and miles posted...
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Vacation time
How many miles did you get?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by Vacation time
Same, but then I received a reply that they had contacted the reporting department so I'm guessing nothing is going to get accomplished until after 8 weeks, but hopefully I'm wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.