Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 10, 2013, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
For questions on NEW applications for US Airways cards please use this thread:
USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K Bonus; AF not waived

Official: 10k annual bonus for existing cardholders will continue beyond 2014

Note: All links are expired

Related threads:
US Airways CC / Companion Certificates discussion thread
Barclays Retention Offers
Forced conversion to Aadvantage Mastercard

We will leave this thread open for questions from existing cardholders who applied using offers with the perpetual annual 10k bonus. Otherwise, please post on the ongoing thread on standard offers:
Current Offers: USAirways cards with no annual mileage bonus

Current Links:
30k + 10k anniversary + no annual fee for the first year (now says "Offer expired"); terms and conditions include offer specifics
[NOTE: Barclays is erratically enforcing the restriction "for Preferred members only," especially for those who leave off a membership number on the application. See recent experiences reported in the thread.]

There is a separate thread for a 40k+10k offer with $89 annual fee, no anniversary bonus: USAirways CC special Offer 40K + 10K BT Bonus; AF not waived

Expired Links:
30k at signup, 10k anniversary bonus, 10k with balance transfer, no fee first year - Landing Page (Ended 4/30/14)
Older 35K Link (older link not working)
Newer 35K Link (click on terms and conditions to see 35K bonus after first purchase, first year fee waived, and 10K anniversary bonus)

1) I applied for this card but got the message
We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues.
Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later.
What does this mean? What should I do?

Check your application status by visiting http://www.myapplicationstatus.com/

At Barclays, if you already have an online account, the card can also show up there before you get a notification from them. Obviously, that won't work if you don't yet have an online Barclays account from another card. But if it's not your first US card, you presumably do have an online account already.

2) What's the reconsideration line number?

866-408-4064. Only open M>F, 8am>5pm, Eastern.

3) How long after my first purchase does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles for the first-purchase bonus post with the statement showing the initial purchase.

4) For those people who got the targeted offer, how long after spending $750 in each of the 3 months does it take for the bonus miles to post in my account?

Miles posts two months after the end of the promotion period. For example, if your promo was to spend in June, July and August, the 15k bonus would post with October statement.

5) How can I get the anniversary 10K bonus points without paying the annual fee?

The annual bonus posts on the statement date of the month of anniversary. No need to "kick out" a statement. But if you are worried, you can put a few bucks on the card during that cycle thus generate a statement but it is NOT necessary.

AF is billed the last business day of the month of the anniversary (much better than Chase practice which is on the 1st day of the month). You have 60 days to cancel the card for the AF to be reversed. You also can use SM to cancel card and no need to call.

Note: I called to cancel the card (June, 2014), told them it was because the AF was too high, and they waived it. Still got the 10,000 points and the Companion Certs!!
Print Wikipost

[EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2013, 5:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
The email has all the terms & conditions... spend MORE THAN. $750.00 in the months of May, June and July, and get 15K bonus miles.
I emphasized that above. Let no one here get a $750.00 gift card and stop at that in one of the three months.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ellinj
Got my card a couple of days ago, how long before the companion certificates arrive?
DH's came in one one month.

Mine came in two months.

Though it does not matter to us. We still have the 2 from 1st set not being used. They likely will go expired.
Old Apr 25, 2013, 7:25 pm

Originally Posted by gatorlionhawk
I see a lot of people saying they clicked the 2nd link. Anybody know if any success differences between the 2nd and 3rd links?

Also:
What is a benie? (from the title of this thread)
I just applied a few minutes ago today (4/25/2013) using the 2nd link you referenced, which I've posted below:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=31

Saw that terms and conditions were what I wanted--35K after first purchase, annual fee waived the first year.

When I clicked the final OK to apply at the end, I got:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues. Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later."

Googled Flyertalk.com with the above text and saw to use the following link to check app status:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ja...lt_partner=003

Sure enough, I'd been approved. Hopefully will receive what was promised when I get the card and/or call earlier to confirm.

Thank you once again FT community. :-)
Old Apr 25, 2013, 8:14 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by gatorlionhawk
I see a lot of people saying they clicked the 2nd link. Anybody know if any success differences between the 2nd and 3rd links?

Also:
What is a benie? (from the title of this thread)
Short for Benefits
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
It's tough enough chasing the best valid links, but I also try to let people know in the OP that weirdly:

1) The valid 35K with no fee link ends in a "Sorry for the inconvenience" error message although they DO go though while

2) Many invalid links end in a "successfully submitted- we will let you know in 10 days" message but in fact are never submitted..

This has been going on for a few months now and I can't believe Barclays hasn't corrected it (although they may someday notice the 35K with no fee link is still approving applications and shut it down too).

Last edited by tassojunior; Apr 26, 2013 at 8:38 am
Old Apr 26, 2013, 9:44 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Canceling the card before getting the bonus

I am planning to cancel my card by the end of this month.
I did receive the 10K annual bonus already but did not receive the targeted bonus for spending X dollars on groceries and getting 5,000 miles yet.
The promo ended on March 31, 2013. I think it will take close to 6 weeks to receive the miles.

I assume if I cancel the card I will not receive the bonus of 5,000 miles.
Is that correct?

Also, is to wait to get the bonus and then cancel the card.
If I do that I will get hit with the annual fee. Does Barclays refund the pro-rated amount of the annual fee for say 11 months or so?

RM
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:09 am

Originally Posted by Rumeli
I am planning to cancel my card by the end of this month.
I did receive the 10K annual bonus already but did not receive the targeted bonus for spending X dollars on groceries and getting 5,000 miles yet.
The promo ended on March 31, 2013. I think it will take close to 6 weeks to receive the miles.

I assume if I cancel the card I will not receive the bonus of 5,000 miles.
Is that correct?

Also, is to wait to get the bonus and then cancel the card.
If I do that I will get hit with the annual fee. Does Barclays refund the pro-rated amount of the annual fee for say 11 months or so?

RM

In most cases, the acct must still be active for them to credit the bonus miles, if you close the card/acct before miles post (6weeks from now) then most likely will not receive the miles
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:40 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Do you know how long I'd have to wait after canceling to apply for another one?
Has anyone done this or should I just apply for a 2nd car while still holding the first? I received my anniversary points earlier this month and they have not charged the annual fee yet. Don't know if I should cancel now and just apply again in a few weeks/months.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by sharka
In most cases, the acct must still be active for them to credit the bonus miles, if you close the card/acct before miles post (6weeks from now) then most likely will not receive the miles
That's what I thought. I will have to wait then. Most credit card companies offer a pro-rated refund of the annual fee. I hope Barclays will refund the portion of the annual fee if I cancel 1 or 2 months I pay the fee.

RM
Old Apr 26, 2013, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Rumeli
That's what I thought. I will have to wait then. Most credit card companies offer a pro-rated refund of the annual fee. I hope Barclays will refund the portion of the annual fee if I cancel 1 or 2 months I pay the fee.

RM
I believe most banks refund the full annual fee if canceled within 30 days after the fee is billed.

May be you could call and just ask a generic question on this topic.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I believe most banks refund the full annual fee if canceled within 30 days after the fee is billed.

May be you could call and just ask a generic question on this topic.

The law now states a full refund of annual fees in cancelled within 30 days
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:43 pm

Programs: US Airways/SPG/Club Carlson (Gold)/United/Marriott Rewards Premier (Silver)/Priority Club Platinum
I just used the link on the first page when I submitted said timed out re apply with in 30 minutes weird because I filled it out with in minutes not sure how it timed out. Should I re apply?

EDIT I re apply and auto approved. 2nd out of my 3 CC churn. Have not signed up for any since Aug 2012.

Also question I should be fine still get the bonus even though I did not cancel my US Airways CC from May of last year right?

Last edited by World-Wide; Apr 26, 2013 at 10:53 pm
Old Apr 27, 2013, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by flyer4512
The law now states a full refund of annual fees in cancelled within 30 days
Citi quoted me 37 days from date of billing and they'll provide a full refund of annual fee (probably to allow a little time for snail mailing of statement or something). I know this isn't a Citi card, but seems consistent with the 30+ general rule being mentioned, and figured everyone reading this thread is also churning Citi cards ...so now everyone knows the # for Citi. Interested to know what anyone finds out with other issuers.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by World-Wide

Also question I should be fine still get the bonus even though I did not cancel my US Airways CC from May of last year right?
Yes, you'll get the bonus. I have a few times as have many others here. No failure to get the bonus on new duplicate cards ever mentioned.
Old Apr 27, 2013, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
I just applied a few minutes ago today (4/25/2013) using the 2nd link you referenced, which I've posted below:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/apply/...&cellNumber=31

Saw that terms and conditions were what I wanted--35K after first purchase, annual fee waived the first year.

When I clicked the final OK to apply at the end, I got:

"We apologize for the inconvenience, but our website is experiencing technical issues. Please contact us at 1-866-419-6437 or try again later."

Googled Flyertalk.com with the above text and saw to use the following link to check app status:

https://www.barclaycardus.com/app/ja...lt_partner=003

Sure enough, I'd been approved. Hopefully will receive what was promised when I get the card and/or call earlier to confirm.

Thank you once again FT community. :-)
Wife applied this morning (4/27/13) for the same card, using the same link. Got the same error. Went to the check status link above a minute later and found she was approved. Again, 35K miles after 1st purchase with annual fee waived the first year.

For anyone who didn't know, one nice feature of this card is that it allows you to redeem flights for 5K miles less than listed for as long as you own the card. So for example, if there's a 40K award available, but you only have the 35K miles from this particular bonus, you can book the 40K award with only 35K miles you have--again, as long as you still own the card. The card also has a priority boarding privilege--forget which position it bumps you up to, but I know I've used this feature when I last had the card. Nice when you typically travel coach (which for me is nearly always).

Hopefully when we active the cards, and confirm the bonus terms with a CSR, it will be as expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.