Wiki Posts
Search

How to earn '1500 UA' miles easily?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

How to earn '1500 UA' miles easily?

Hello,

I only need 1500 UA miles to book an award flight but I can't find an easy (and cheap) way to earn it in 1~2 months. I do have 'E-rewards' but it takes lots of time....and I don't have any hotel point that I can transfer.

Is there any easy way to earn UA miles at this moment? Free is good but cheaper ways are also welcome. Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 2:36 am

Programs: whatever gets me where i want
Your best bet is to check the MileagePlus store

I would recommend (only possible if you've never done this before) signing up with MyPoints - making a small purchase through the MyPoints portal after having signed up with United. That will get you 1500 points.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by hw807
Hello,

I only need 1500 UA miles to book an award flight but I can't find an easy (and cheap) way to earn it in 1~2 months. I do have 'E-rewards' but it takes lots of time....and I don't have any hotel point that I can transfer.

Is there any easy way to earn UA miles at this moment? Free is good but cheaper ways are also welcome. Thanks!
One possibility is to register a credit card (any credit card) with United's Mileage Plus dining program. Registration is free. Details are available at www.united.com. Click on Mileage Plus, then on "Earn Miles," then on the dining program. At the present time, they are offering a bonus of 2,000 to 3,500 for new members who spend at least $25 at a participating restaurant.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 10:53 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
United has a deal with FTD Florists where you get 20 miles per dollar spent on flowers so buy $80 worth of flowers and you'll get 1600 miles. Plus the flowers.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:50 am

don't forget MileagePlus X app. Before i shop anywhere I check to see if it is on app to get small boost to points.

Since June I've added 1045 miles using the app, and that is not to mention the double and triple dipping by using UA card and/or shopping portals
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G, Marriott Bonvoy Gold; Avis PC
If you need miles instantaneously, figure out how to spend enough money on gift cards on the MPX app. You can also burn up lots of time trying to complete surveys on Opinion Miles Club...
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Your easiest and fastest way is to buy them from United.

The award ticket you want may not be available as time passes.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:46 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Free??? Just buy them from UA.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:52 am

OP mentioned not having any hotel points to transfer, but you can also transfer Chase UR points to UA. Pretty well known but thought I would mention it just in case.
Old Aug 16, 2017, 7:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Based on the 1-2 months' timeframe in the OP, it sounds like this isn't an elusive long-haul int'l F seat available right now.

Given that, the three or four choices upthread that are relatively "hard-cost-free" would all post reliably within 1-2 months.

OTOH, if you *are* looking at a rare award available right now, just buy the miles!!
Old Aug 24, 2017, 11:34 am

Programs: co,aa,del,united
opinion miles .com?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:31 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Titanium
I swear by MileagePlus X and MileagePlus Shopping. I usually earn around 20k miles a year between the two.

Plus I signed up for MileagePlus Dining, but I usually don't earn much from there.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
There's a bonus for shopping right now, might make it worthwhile to stock up on essentials (paper towels, TP, diapers) online and get this additional amount too. https://shopping.mileageplus.com/p/fall-bonus.htm
junglematt likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Simple: buy last-minute UA flight, that's likely to be oversold; refuse to leave the plane; get beat-up; "profit".
swingaling likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:43 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
If you need to renew any magazines, using the United shopping portal and then go to Magazines.com will often get you some good offers- usually 10-15 miles per dollar but every so often there will be a 40 miles per dollar option. (If you see one of those, take advantage of it the first time you see it because it tends to go back to 15 per dollar the next time you check)

If you're US-based, the bonus for completing the first survey at Opinion Miles Club does usually get you about 350 miles. So even if you don't want to grind it out in 50-60 mile chunks after that, think of it as completing about four surveys there get you a third of what you need. (Miles from the first survey may take 48 hours to post, but it's from instant posting to usually within an hour after that)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.