Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

800 American Airlines miles for shopping at Safeway?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:25 am
Original Poster

I just saw this on AAdvantage eshopping under the "New Retailers". 800 miles for new customers to Safeway. Offer terms say "you must make 1 paid transaction on Safeway". The link takes you to Safeway.com (Randalls and Tom Thumb brand also).

Has anyone done this before?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Onepass, M+, BoA 2%,AAdvantage, $ Coins Anonymous
man, this does look pretty good. no terms though
https://www.aadvantageeshopping.com/...13904978450895
i am new to eshopping with american. i wonder if it not a sliding scale up to 800 miles, but if its really just one transaction... thats slick!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA PLT PRO, AGR, Strawberry (Nordic Choice), Marriott Bonvoy
They don't seem to deliver in NY so you can't buy anything if you're based there. Where's the list of states/locations where they do indeed deliver?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Free delivery with code "EASY7" but minimum delivery order is $50 . . .
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:42 am

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by newhousejim
The link takes you to Safeway.com (Randalls and Tom Thumb brand also).
I don't see any way to get to Randall's...
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by salut0
They don't seem to deliver in NY so you can't buy anything if you're based there. Where's the list of states/locations where they do indeed deliver?
I did the zip code search on the site and found some Tom Thumb stores nearby (Dallas area). I've used eShopping on many different sites and the points always post (a few months later). When I go to Safeway.com, my eShopping toolbar does pop up showing 800 miles for a purchase.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 11:58 am

In Southern CA (not sure about the rest of the West) Safeway is known as Von's or Pavillions. It looks like it will work here for me. Thanks OP.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:10 pm

Programs: The Golden status boy
Originally Posted by newhousejim
I did the zip code search on the site and found some Tom Thumb stores nearby (Dallas area). I've used eShopping on many different sites and the points always post (a few months later). When I go to Safeway.com, my eShopping toolbar does pop up showing 800 miles for a purchase.
None of the Tom Thumbs in DFW deliver though.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta PLAT + 1K United for 2011, ????? for 2012
Do you just need to buy something at Safeway say $5 or so or do you have to have it delivered which seems to be a $50 minimium....

RB
Old Jan 4, 2011, 1:11 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They used to give United miles until last Feb. But this is for "new" customers of safeway.com? Any way around that?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

Looks like they only deliver to these locations: "Currently, Safeway.com offers delivery to residential locations in the following areas: Northern California: San Francisco, Marin, Greater North Bay, East Bay, Sacramento, San Jose, Peninsula, Monterey, Salinas Portland, OR Seattle, WA Greater Phoenix, AZ Maryland, Philadelphia, Washington DC".

You are correct, Tom Thumb does not deliver and I can not see any "pick up at store" type option.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA, DL, IHG Diamond Amb, Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, National
Originally Posted by redondo-beach
Do you just need to buy something at Safeway say $5 or so or do you have to have it delivered which seems to be a $50 minimium....

RB
From the AAdvantage eShopping Safeway profile page (my emphasis added):
"Retailer Profile
Your groceries, your choices, your schedule…delivered!."
"You must make a paid transaction on Safeway."
"Retailer Details : Safeway.com"

As mentioned in an earlier post, there is no provision for instore pickup, and there is no apparent mechanism in place to credit an instore purchase. Safeway is not one of the brick and mortar retailers where you can earn miles through Aadvantage eShopping. So whether or not there is a minimum order, I would say it's a safe bet that an order for delivery must be placed on safeway.com.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:37 pm

United & BA too

FYI - this offer has been on the United shopping site for awhile too (620 miles) and the BA shopping site (1,000 miles). I haven't had time to try them (I tried once but the delivery was going to be ~4 days later and I couldn't work it into my schedule). The terms seem to be for new customers only, so I would think if you were going to do all three (AA, BA, UA) you'd need different names and/or emails registered.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 5:48 pm

Is there a deadline for this? When did it come out?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 12:29 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG, HH
Stacked this offer to buy 40 cans of my favorite soup at a 60% discount with free S&H and 800 miles. Nice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.