Noob Needs a BA Booking Recommendation

Old Dec 28, 2010, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Looking to make a trip in September from NYC>LHR and MUC>NYC

I have 65k BA Miles and a 2for1 from a 30k spend and need to know the following

1) Should I use the miles for the ticket and combine with the 2for1
If so are there any ways to decrease the fees and surcharges?
2) is it possible to buy a ticket, and then upgrade to business with miles in conjunction with the 2for1
If so, will the fees be the same, more, or less than #1
3) Any potential ways of approaching this I have not yet thought of?

Thanks for your time and help.
If this is in the wrong section, I apologize. Please tell me where it belongs.

James
Old Dec 29, 2010, 4:50 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Welcome to FlyerTalk. You might have had more luck with this on the British Airways thread but---

Yes, using points for the 2-4-1 is an amazing benefit. Has to be on BA planes - not valid with any of their One World partner. 65,000 miles can get you as far as the Middle East and getting two tickets for those miles is a great deal.

To my knowledge, the two for one is only for tickets and can't be used to get two upgrades for the price of one.

The bad news is that BA fees are probably the highest for award tickets. The good news is that they usually have great availability.
Old Dec 30, 2010, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Stevens

Thanks for taking the time to answer the question and for the recommendation to put it in the BA forum

Cheers
Old Dec 30, 2010, 8:39 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum, KLM Gold, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I just booked GVA-NRT/ICN-GVA with reward miles. Going BA would have cost ~590. I asked if anybody else was available. Bingo Finnair - $91. It's worth asking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.