Keeping Frequent Flyer Cards

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Keeping Frequent Flyer Cards

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:17 am

Programs: HH Gold
I'm assuming some people have these numbers memorized as well...
Old Oct 31, 2010, 10:24 am
Suspended

Programs: *A
I framed my first frequent flyer card, a grey USAir from 1987. Another batch I put in a time capsule in Amherst,MA about 20 years ago. The others my two year old daughter keeps in her Barbie purse.

For my current cards I keep them at home and have the rest on a spreadsheet. The ones I use the most are memorized. Awardwallet has them all.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 11:47 am

I use a rubber band. My stack fits nicely in one of the small compartments in most of my laptop cases/backpacks.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I used to put the cards on the xerox and about 12-15 of them onto a single sheet of paper. Anymore I memorize the most used 4-5.

MisterNice
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:37 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
My cards are all in a travel wallet, but I don't know why as besides one to access the airport lounges I hardly ever need to use the cards.

It's the rawlings baseball glove leather wallet, I think I carry it just because I like the way it feels.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Any ideas for the physical plastic cards themselves?
i have them all in my laptop bag....since i never travel without the bag, i know i'll have them with me where ever i go....
Old Oct 31, 2010, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by goodtricks
i've got all the numbers memorized....its not hard since i use them so often....its like remembering your phone number....
Old Oct 31, 2010, 2:31 pm

I have a big mess on my table and try to grab those that I think I might use during a trip. Usually around 90% right, more or less. Certainly one of the worst organisation systems, but I'm too lazy for a real one
Old Oct 31, 2010, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by saad
i have them all in my laptop bag....since i never travel without the bag, i know i'll have them with me where ever i go....
That's a good idea... I think I may use the plastic insert that came with my wallet to hold the cards and put them in the bag.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold; BA Silver; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by miffSC
Spreadsheet. With all of my accounts/numbers/promo information etc. Kept with an ambiguous title.
Same here. I also have an iPod/iPhone app called Key Ring that lets you input your numbers for various loyalty programs and generates a card image with the logo and a barcode. In addition to all the major airlines and hotels, it includes grocery and other retail stores.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by xSTRIKEx6864
Any ideas for the physical plastic cards themselves?
Depending on where I am going, I bring the necessary cards with me. I always have my UA 1K card in my wallet, but only carry my Hyatt Plat card when I stay there, same with Marriott. I also keep my RCC card in my wallet at all times, in case I run into some matron that won't let me in without my card..
Old Nov 1, 2010, 2:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Athena53
I also have an iPod/iPhone app called Key Ring that lets you input your numbers for various loyalty programs and generates a card image with the logo and a barcode.
thanks....i just downloaded this....
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:32 am

Programs: UA, CO, AA
some of the nicest things about the airline CCs is they print your FF# right on it so its always with you....not enough of the cards do this
Old Nov 1, 2010, 7:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by saad
thanks....i just downloaded this....
There are several apps called some variation of "Key Ring" that store this type of info. Which are you all talking about?

The one called "Key Ring Rewards Cards" maybe?
Old Nov 1, 2010, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by goodtricks
For me, memorizing my AAdvantage number was easy since I use it the most, and it's also the shortest number to remember with the cards I have.

The rest stay in my travel messenger bag, and I have everything in electronic form in my Outlook Notes so I can pull it up (or copy & paste if needed) at any time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.